Yorkie Bars.

As some of you know, I give a virtual Yorkie Bar to any TruckNet member who passes the driving test.

I was given a real Yorkie Bar on the day I passed my test, 26 years ago, and I know that many other test candidates are given them upon passing the test. The latest was just today, over 10 years since Nestlé severed the connection between their chocolate bars and trucks.

So I sent this email to Nestlé.

Dear Nestlé,

I am writing about the Yorkie chocolate bar.

For many years, Yorkie bars were advertised with campaigns featuring trucks and truck drivers, and they have near-iconic status in the transport industry. To this day, a Yorkie bar is traditionally given as a congratulatory gift to candidates passing their HGV driving test.

In 2001, advertising was re-focussed with the “It’s not for girls” campaign, partly because of the perceived unpopularity of trucks at this time. However, this campaign was not successful, and the Yorkie bar has declined in favour ever since.

With the latest generation of TV programmes highlighting the transport industry in a positive light, such as “Eddie Stobart Trucks and Trailers” and Ice Road Truckers", it is perhaps time for Nestlé to revive the “truck” angle in their advertising. Many people who do not drive trucks aspire to do so, and purchase of a Yorkie Bar brings them one stage closer to their daydream.

I am sure this approach would pay dividends.

Yours Faithfully,

Harry Monk.

I intend to have Yorkie Bars returned to their rightful place as the trucker’s chocolate bar, and I’ll let you know what Nestlé say :smiley:

About 3 years ago NYC were talking about banning Yorkie bars because the ‘Not for girls’ slogan was considered sexist :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Talk about petty ! … by the way, Kinder eggs are banned natiowide :cry:

Good letter …Harry…

ye never know ye might get some kinda Gift in kind if it takes off…!!!

I use to always give the Virtual Yorkie Bar aswell… !! need to start again lol…

Harry Monk:
As some of you know, I give a virtual Yorkie Bar to any TruckNet member who passes the driving test.

Harry, i have to say i’m dissapionted, two tests and still no Yorkie !!! have i upset you■■?

Madguy :smiling_imp:

madguy:

Harry Monk:

Harry, i have to say i’m dissapionted, two tests and still no Yorkie !!! have i upset you■■?

AAh, But did you pass them ?

raymundo:

madguy:

Harry Monk:

AAh, But did you pass them ?

But of course, C clean sweep and C+E only 1 minor…Smug ■■■■■ aint I ■■

I didn’t get any either :frowning: Passed C & CE earlier this year, not even a chunk…

Haha awesome ad!

hgvhgv:
Haha awesome ad!

Really, it wasn’t, if it had anymore cheese, it’d have automatically become a quavers ad :laughing:

Pat Hasler:
Talk about petty ! … by the way, Kinder eggs are banned natiowide :cry:

Ay? Why are you not allowed the ‘treat’ of crappy chocolate(ish) egg and a disappointing toy?

scaniason:
I didn’t get any either :frowning: Passed C & CE earlier this year, not even a chunk…

Were obviously not favoured, so please accept a Yorkie from me…

madguy:

scaniason:

Were obviously not favoured, so please accept a Yorkie from me…

Ah, this is embarassing - I bought you a bar, but I’ve bitten a chunk off it. I’ve carefully smoothed the wrapper back over it though, so please pretend it’s still in one piece :blush:

Gary :smiley:

madguy:

Harry Monk:

Mate, I am so sorry. I try to read as many posts as I can but it is inevitable that I miss some. I can only apologise and offer you these…

scaniason:

Same as the above, and just for you!

Been yuck since changed to Nestle like just about everything they make.

aye ,thats right about Kinder eggs in the usa…
i mind someone got into real trouble at border for having one in the car! :open_mouth:
no sandwiches wi meat in them either.
lol…banned from the USA for smuggling a spam sandwich and a kinder egg…

Harry Monk:

scaniason:

Same as the above, and just for you!

Ah, thank you very much. Just need the fireworks from DieselDave & Rog, and the Mexican wave from Jen and I’ll be well happy, and won’t need this expensive counselling anymore! :smiley: :smiley:

Gary

bit of a sad story for the actor

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-15034881

I bought 2 yorkies today, they were on special offer, they taste like crap!