HGV medical

Hiya …whats the going rate doctors are charging to sign drivers medical nowadays please.
i paid £110. 5 years ago how much do we pay now.
John

Mine charged me £60 last year.

3300John:
Hiya …whats the going rate doctors are charging to sign drivers medical nowadays please.
John

£47 from this lot, they are ok, i used them last year.

http://www.doctorsonwheels.co.uk/?gclid=CL-r-NaHhKMCFQdslAodtkgLbA

ajdavis64:

3300John:
John

£47 from this lot, they are ok, i used them last year.

http://www.doctorsonwheels.co.uk/?gclid=CL-r-NaHhKMCFQdslAodtkgLbA

Hiya …thanks for the response lads. it looks like i paid far to much last time. i remember taking £50
with me last time then had to nip to the hole in the wall for extra cash. after the shock price.
last time the company paid but now been semi retired i will be paying so around £50 will do nicely.
Thanks alot
John

there’s some more links in the Cheap Medicals thread

As far as I know I’m healthy and I paid £50 for a medical a couple of years ago.My GP wanted £150.I wonder how much more thorough the £150 version from my GP would have been because the Doctor doing the £50 one flew through it,just a formality,a box ticking excersise,all he did was rent an empty office and was getting through six or seven drivers an hour.I got the result that I wanted but there’s a scam going on somewhere.

I think 2 of these links have already been posted :smiley:
Download the 8 page D4 Medical Form Please print (colour, not black & white)
£49 MEDICALS
cheap medical places around the UK

3300John:
John

Depends on your location whether or not it’s of any interest to you, but there’s a place in Wolverhampton charges £15, I’ll say that again £15 :smiley:

My doctor charged me £132 five years ago so I phoned them this year and enquired the price of a HGV medical and was told £140 :open_mouth:
I chose to go to Wolverhampton and pay £15 :smiley:

The doctor I’m referring to is at the bottom of this list and was still charging £15 about three months ago.

Last time mine was due my own GP wanted £145, so I just phoned all the surgeries in Canterbury until I found the cheapest at £49.50.
Funny thing is they were all under £100 apart from my own GP (not private)
I think as it isn’t NHS work my GP has to pay for the use of his surgery while giving the medical, so passes the cost on. Where as the Doctor I used in the end was in a private practice.

Deathstar:
As far as I know I’m healthy and I paid £50 for a medical a couple of years ago.My GP wanted £150.I wonder how much more thorough the £150 version from my GP would have been because the Doctor doing the £50 one flew through it,just a formality,a box ticking excersise,all he did was rent an empty office and was getting through six or seven drivers an hour.I got the result that I wanted but there’s a scam going on somewhere.

If there’s a scam going on then I’d say the scammers are the doctors who charge £100-£150 for about 20 minutes work.

Five years ago I paid my doctor £132 and all he did was a quick eye test, checked blood pressure, ask me the questions that were on the form and he ticked the boxes then signed the form, this year I paid £15 and the doctor did a quick eye test, checked blood pressure, a urine test then asked me the questions and ticked the boxes before signing the form.

So I would have to say that the £15 medical was slightly more thorough :open_mouth:

i have just had my medical in doncaster £49.00.
my own doctor wanted £145.00 5 years ago my doctor wanted to charged me £75 all he did was cross the boxes
so i said here is £30 i dont want a receipt and walked out. he never said a word. that doctor was struck off two years later.
here is where my £49 medical was done, and £5 to charity too.
driversmedicals.com/

I know that you have to pay cash or cheque made out to the GP personally, rather than the practice, so I’ve always been a bit suspect of the system. Went to one of the £49 clinics last time & they did as thorough a job as any ‘normal’ GP ie blood pressure, sight test & ticked a few boxes.

it would help if 3300John told us roughly where he is in this land of ours and maybe someone close can point him to a cheap local doctor for HGV medicals

peirre:
it would help if 3300John told us roughly where he is in this land of ours and maybe someone close can point him to a cheap local doctor for HGV medicals

Hiya …home is nr Buckley in North Wales and the Hawarden practice…Ive checked and found a place in Chester that dose
the £49 jobbie.At £15 i could drive to wolverhampton call in the Raven for a fry up and still have change out of £110
thanks for the replys
John

i had my medical a month ago at a doctors in derby,cost me £30 not a bad price at all.

Right people, while we’re here, can you please PM me Doctors names addresses, phone numbers and latest fees, for your medicals, so I can update the Cheap Medicals Thread. Share and Share alike, so to speak.

Thank You

greggy:
i have just had my medical in doncaster £49.00.
my own doctor wanted £145.00 5 years ago my doctor wanted to charged me £75 all he did was cross the boxes
so i said here is £30 i dont want a receipt and walked out. he never said a word. that doctor was struck off two years later.
here is where my £49 medical was done, and £5 to charity too.
driversmedicals.com/

I had 1 of the 2 group 2 medicals with this lot last year in Leeds, I found the doctor to be very arrogant, just because she didnt understand what i was doing with the eye sight test, because i failed it, but still had my licence renewed, lol.

Is it possible to claim the cost of a medical back on tax,if you are p a y e ,? i know that if your Self-employed you can, in some ways i think employers should pay it, it may mean that they would expect you to continue working for them for a specified time or have to repay it,

I turn 45 in November, what is the earliest i can take a medical. If i book a medical now will it still count in November ■■

philberg182:
I turn 45 in November, what is the earliest i can take a medical. If i book a medical now will it still count in November ■■

Renewal medicals are valid for 3 months - info from DVLA a few days ago