HGV medical

ROG:

philberg182:
I turn 45 in November, what is the earliest i can take a medical. If i book a medical now will it still count in November ■■

Renewal medicals are valid for 3 months - info from DVLA a few days ago

Thanks for that ROG :smiley: :smiley:

philberg182:

ROG:

philberg182:
I turn 45 in November, what is the earliest i can take a medical. If i book a medical now will it still count in November ■■

In case you wish to check for yourself - DVLA 01792 782 341 - option 3 - ask for medical section

I assume you passed your first DSA LGV test before you were 40 years old ?

tommy t:
Is it possible to claim the cost of a medical back on tax,if you are p a y e ,? i know that if your Self-employed you can, in some ways i think employers should pay it, it may mean that they would expect you to continue working for them for a specified time or have to repay it,

Nobby pays up to £50 for ours.

ROG:

philberg182:

ROG:

philberg182:

In case you wish to check for yourself - DVLA 01792 782 341 - option 3 - ask for medical section

I assume you passed your first DSA LGV test before you were 40 years old ?

Yes i passed my class 1 when i was 21.

I have to book a couple of lads in for a Medical for an FIM international racing licence. the forms are only tick box answers with not much writing, do you think these mobile medical operators can do that too?

Time is critical as the race meeting is on the 14th August :laughing:

ROG:

philberg182:

ROG:

philberg182:

The form D4 should be received by DVLA no later than 4 months from the date the doctor signed it, so you’d be looking at some time in August as the earliest medical date.

In case you wish to check for yourself - (Page 4), I’m sure it says this on the form to (not the download version) :wink:

Sorry I’ve only just noticed this error :blush:

Just paid my doctor £50 for a medical. Sent all the paperwork off, got it back 8 days later cos he had forgotten to tick a box. Didn’t offer me a rebate when I took it back for him to tick the box and sign and date the change. Still on the bright side he didn’t ask for an extra tenner for the additional work. :smiley: