Tesco Vs ASDA competition

it seems that they are competing to see who can be the biggest bunch of tossers on the road.
we all moaned about tesco trucks sticking to 40 on SC roads and 50 on the motorway. this weekend i have passed 2 ASDA trucks doing 40, 1 on the A90 south between dundee and perth, the other on the M8 between easterhouse and coatbridge

are ASDA limiting their trucks to 40 now or are you guys trying to see how slow you can go before the police do you for causing an obstruction :question:

scanny77:
‘…the biggest bunch of tossers … sticking to 40 on SC roads and 50 on the motorway…’

To get this straight, it seems that someone’s unhappy with professionals driving their vehicles at the legal - or their vehicle’s limit, and advocates that they break the law to please unruly elements whenever they possibly can.

Bearing in mind that it’s a limit & not a target (blah), perhaps it’s an ideal subject upon which to grill any potential parliamentary candidate that darkens our presence. Would any of them make it higher for the benefit of the nation? Are the plod actively chasing for a raised limit? No ‘my mate who’s a dibble reckons’ tales are legitimate - perhaps this is ‘put-up or shut-up’ time now that we’ve a chance to do summat about it at the Polling Station.

A sporting handshake hereby bets that no-one will bother their whingey butts. The same herberts possibly won’t vote either.

So, why not either put a case to your candidate or STFU about blokes not busting their livlihood to suit what boils down to a hyped-up, X Factor type rabble of selfish gets that can’t plan their journeys properly or who are too greedy for ££’s that they’ll be muttering for more in their graves.

Happy Keith:

scanny77:
‘…the biggest bunch of tossers … sticking to 40 on SC roads and 50 on the motorway…’

To get this straight, it seems that someone’s unhappy with professionals driving their vehicles at the legal - or their vehicle’s limit, and advocates that they break the law to please unruly elements whenever they possibly can.

Bearing in mind that it’s a limit & not a target (blah), perhaps it’s an ideal subject upon which to grill any potential parliamentary candidate that darkens our presence. Would any of them make it higher for the benefit of the nation? Are the plod actively chasing for a raised limit? No ‘my mate who’s a dibble reckons’ tales are legitimate - perhaps this is ‘put-up or shut-up’ time now that we’ve a chance to do summat about it at the Polling Station.

A sporting handshake hereby bets that no-one will bother their whingey butts. The same herberts possibly won’t vote either.

So, why not either put a case to your candidate or STFU about blokes not busting their livlihood to suit what boils down to a hyped-up, X Factor type rabble of selfish gets that can’t plan their journeys properly or who are too greedy for ££’s that they’ll be muttering for more in their graves.

It drivers like these men who cause accidents, LEGAL or not, just look at the tailbacks they cause even on Motorway.
And of course your MR PERFECT…always on time, never get delayed.

These blokes wont be earning there easy money soon when Mr Stobart takes all the jobs…WATCH THIS SPACE

My outlook is very simple

Every driver in the UK agrees to stick to the rules - that is a condition of the licence.

Break too many of those rules and the driver loses the licence so that makes the above statement true

If any driver does not agree with the rules then it’s simple - don’t play - give up the licence.

My view may be simple but I think it works :slight_smile:

scanny77:
the biggest bunch of tossers on the road.

That’s me too then, even though I don’t drive for a supermarket. Shall we start a club?

scanny77 v joemaxi

fight fight :smiling_imp:

scanny77:
it seems that they are competing to see who can be the biggest bunch of tossers on the road.
we all moaned about tesco trucks sticking to 40 on SC roads and 50 on the motorway. this weekend i have passed 2 ASDA trucks doing 40, 1 on the A90 south between dundee and perth, the other on the M8 between easterhouse and coatbridge

are ASDA limiting their trucks to 40 now or are you guys trying to see how slow you can go before the police do you for causing an obstruction :question:

if you get paid by the hour & risk losing your job by doing something illegal or worse still losing your licence & lively hood then you would be pretty stupid to break the law by speeding and earn less money for doing so,
when you illegaly speed past me I think \\\\\\\\\\\\\
wot a ■■■■■■ he is :stuck_out_tongue:

I do 40 in my little 18 ton Jewson crane wagon ITS MY ■■■■■■■ LICENCE not yours or my bosses.

I get ■■■■■■■ up my arse nearly every day wanting to ride on the limiter, ive always wondered how much extra you get for getting there any quicker.

[quote=“bedgar047”

It drivers like these men who cause accidents, LEGAL or not, just look at the tailbacks they cause even on Motorway.
And of course your MR PERFECT…always on time, never get delayed.

These blokes wont be earning there easy money soon when Mr Stobart takes all the jobs…WATCH THIS SPACE[/quote]
how can cause a tailback by driving at the legal limit :exclamation: :exclamation: surely it must be the illegal speeders trying to overtake that are causing tailbacks
also the O/P complained about Tesco drivers yet bedgar thinks :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: stobart may take this work and then they will be redundant :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

I too have noticed a lot of Asda lorries going just over 40mph on the motorways, not sure why they do it. I’m limited to 50mph and had a road crane overtake me on the M62 last week!!

DHL apparently find 85kph the most green and economical

Stobarts say this…

all our vehicles are restricted to 57mph. Our Driver Training team encourage our drivers to drive at 56mph when the speed limit permits them to; this has proven for the vehicles we use to be the best for fuel consumption and for a green environment.

You wouldn’t know who’s telling the truth or what they’re playing at :smiley:

scanny77:

all to do with MPG
i was driving for a subby pulling there trailers out of magna park and on the maps they gave me, there was 2 sets of mpg figures…1 for dry weather and 1 for wet weather…think it said they were target MPG figures and they probally get an extra mars bar if they can beat them :laughing:
they also had journey times printed on the maps

jammymutt:
I get [zb] up my arse nearly every day

Ahem… :unamused: :laughing: :blush:

Steve-o:

jammymutt:

Ahem… :unamused: :laughing: :blush:

:blush: :blush: :blush: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

jammymutt:

do you have GRINDER on your iphone too by any chance

speeding is a matter of personal choice. we all know the risks and while we might moan about people sticking to 40 on SC roads, there is no man or woman here who has the right to try and force anyone to drive above the speed limit. personally i have found myself less inclined to get back ASAP since the pay cuts. the less they pay, the longer it takes to do the run

but that is irrelevant to the point in this case.

we are talking about driving at 40 on the motorway, which unless it has changed recently, is still a 60 limit for us

i am aware that a few companies are dropping the limiters which is beyond the drivers choice but choosing to drive at 40 on a motorway (especially up here where it is mostly 2 lane motorways) is ridiculous. we dont all have plenty of driving time at our disposal and i would imagine the trampers and trunkers here would agree with that. i had a trunking job a couple of weeks ago which left me with 3 minutes driving time left which is not much breathing space. being stuck at 40 for any length of time could make the difference sometimes

Not this again, look the government decided to make the speed limit for a HGV 40mph, if you want to go faster it’s your licence at the end of the day but stop having a go at those of us who don’t. And yes if possible I will pull into a layby to let people by but I have sympathy for those who don’t do it too. At the end of the day if you kill someone and you were speeding saying “I was rushing to get here” is no justification.

Edit: Didn’t realise we were talking about motorways, there are that many other ■■■■■ getting in the way that a truck doing 40 will not make any difference.

205:

scanny77:

all to do with MPG
i was driving for a subby pulling there trailers out of magna park and on the maps they gave me, there was 2 sets of mpg figures…1 for dry weather and 1 for wet weather…think it said they were target MPG figures and they probally get an extra mars bar if they can beat them :laughing:
they also had journey times printed on the maps

All the Asda BUMS are battling it out to get the best MPG for teh year so they can get teh big R500 Scania… Its so worth it, causing thousands of miles worth of tailbacks in a year, causing loads of stress to other road users in a year, more than likely causing x amounts of accidents in a year… All for a Scania… Where do I sign up?

I love the Irish accent “teh” :smiley: :smiley:

All the Asda BUMS are battling it out to get the best MPG for teh year so they can get teh big R500 Scania… Its so worth it, causing thousands of miles worth of tailbacks in a year, causing loads of stress to other road users in a year, more than likely causing x amounts of accidents in a year… All for a Scania… Where do I sign up?
[/quote]

scanny77:
we are talking about driving at 40 on the motorway

Sorry Scanny, I thought you were talking about 40 on SC and I think many others did too…

Deliberately doing 40 on a motorway when safe to do 50+ is very silly and unnecessary

On a busy motorway doing that sort of speed is likely to hinder traffic flow

i am aware that a few companies are dropping the limiters which is beyond the drivers choice but choosing to drive at 40 on a motorway (especially up here where it is mostly 2 lane motorways) is ridiculous. we dont all have plenty of driving time at our disposal and i would imagine the trampers and trunkers here would agree with that. i had a trunking job a couple of weeks ago which left me with 3 minutes driving time left which is not much breathing space. being stuck at 40 for any length of time could make the difference sometimes
[/quote]
Surely if you have to speed to complete your days work then there is something wrong with the journey planning.

I agree about 40 on a motorway but human beings are all different and some do strange things.