Car drivers have found another way to save fuel

sorry for this mods but

{zb}ing hell

how the hell does he not notice that hes got a car attached to him.

looks like the a14 north just after the m11

scotstrucker:

Nah, it’s the A1

gogzy:
sorry for this mods but

{zb}ing hell

I think he did know but has the red mist up and thought [zb] it.

It’s hard to believe this is real!

Coffeeholic:

scotstrucker:

Nah, it’s the A1

cant see any spec camera on that stretch of road and that vehicle taking the film is in lane 1 of 5, the a14 AFAICR after m11 does not have 3 lanes of flowwing traffic and 2 extra for slip roads it has 4 lanes, 1 for cemetary 1 for tesco and 2 for the A14 he’s to far across IMO

why didnt the car driver to turn the wheel hard right and put it in reverse and hit the gas :question:

The text by the clip says it’s the A1 by Weatherby.

can’t believe it’s feor real myself, but at one point you can see brake lights go on and then go off…

according to the original posting on youtube it was the A1 near Wetherby.

same film was posted by 2 different people a month apart earliest being beginning of February.

Is it possible to photoshop film ■■? this does appear to be too unbeleivable. If its true …My God…the trucker must have been either asleep or something certainly not with it!

beat me to it albion :smiley:

:open_mouth: looks real enough to me and the reaction of the people inside the car suggests it is!

No smoke coming off the cars tyres…

wood fuel:
No smoke coming off the cars tyres…

did you not notice the road was wet?

toowise:
Is it possible to photoshop film ■■?

It’s possible to do anything with video but that hasn’t been done here.

nice advert for Arclid Transport :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Cruise Control:

Coffeeholic:

scotstrucker:

Nah, it’s the A1

cant see any spec camera on that stretch of road and that vehicle taking the film is in lane 1 of 5, the a14 AFAICR after m11 does not have 3 lanes of flowwing traffic and 2 extra for slip roads it has 4 lanes, 1 for cemetary 1 for tesco and 2 for the A14 he’s to far across IMO

why didnt the car driver to turn the wheel hard right and put it in reverse and hit the gas :question:

It’s the A1 southbound at Bramham just before the A1/M1 split.

gogzy:

EASY - it happened to someone I worked with …

Car came off slip road on left, caught n/s/f of truck and ended up in exactly the same position as the one in the video
(He had seen this car trying to squeeze in behind him so assumed no problem and then concentrated on looking forwards and into o/s mirror - all he could assume was that this car abandoned the behind squeeze and put it’s foot down to get in at the front.)
Nothing initially felt by the truck driver and he was a smallish chap so could see nothing in the blind area through the windscreen.
As he was driving an empty 4 wheeler flatbed he did not have any weight on so it started to slow him down.
He pulled over to hard shoulder because he thought he had brake problems - only when he got out did he realise what the problem was

ROG:

gogzy:

Car came off slip road on left, caught n/s/f of truck and ended up in exactly the same position as the one in the video
(He had seen this car trying to squeeze in behind him so assumed no problem and then concentrated on looking forwards and into o/s mirror - all he could assume was that this car abandoned the behind squeeze and put it’s foot down to get in at the front.)
Nothing initially felt by the truck driver and he was a smallish chap so could see nothing in the blind area through the windscreen.
As he was driving an empty 4 wheeler flatbed he did not have any weight on so it started to slow him down.
He pulled over to hard shoulder because he thought he had brake problems - only when he got out did he realise what the problem was

Behave. :unamused:

For a supposed driving instructor with all the bells and whistles you should know better than to believe that BS.

I don’t care what size you are, if you make contact with something with your unit you WILL notice it, and you’d definitely notice the bump when you first made contact and you’d most certainly notice the bang when the car turns sideways and the side of it slams into the front of the unit. Even if by some miracle you’d missed all that, the drag caused by trying to shove along a tonne of metal with 4 tyres at right-angles to the road at 56mph would be immense, even with a wet surface. There’s no way you could NOT notice something was majorly wrong, even if you couldn’t physically see the car from the seat.

Rob K:

ROG:

gogzy:

Behave. :unamused:

For a supposed driving instructor with all the bells and whistles you should know better than to believe that BS.

I don’t care what size you are, if you make contact with something with your unit you WILL notice it, and you’d definitely notice the bump when you first made contact and you’d most certainly notice the bang when the car turns sideways and the side of it slams into the front of the unit. Even if by some miracle you’d missed all that, the drag caused by trying to shove along a tonne of metal with 4 tyres at right-angles to the road at 56mph would be immense, even with a wet surface. There’s no way you could NOT notice something was majorly wrong, even if you couldn’t physically see the car from the seat.

exactly

Rob K:

I have never been in that exact situation so could not refute anything said…

I did remember that this was at a speed about 20 mph but I don’t suppose that makes any difference

ROG:

Rob K:

I have never been in that exact situation so could not refute anything said…

I did remember that this was at a speed about 20 mph but I don’t suppose that makes any difference

It would be even more noticeable at that speed. :unamused: :unamused: