Which hour guard do you use?

Does anyone know what ov: means on Drivers GUard TS01 while on rest period over 100 + hours?

Woodssl:
Does anyone know what ov: means on Drivers GUard TS01 while on rest period over 100 + hours?

It’s the factory software value telling you that the timer has exceeded it’s memory limit for recording breaks, nothing to worry about it will clear that code once you start using it again.

I find a wire and a magnet works well enough for me…though possibly not at the same time… :open_mouth:

dieseldog999:
I find a wire and a magnet works well enough for me…though possibly not at the same time… :open_mouth:

Personally I use a Donkey and a Carrot, never had an infringement yet over here although it does take a little longer to do the deliveries :grimacing: :grimacing:

My Fingers and Watch

Digi tach since 2006! :grimacing: digi is boss :laughing:

I have just acquired a DGH-TS01 but it has no instructions with it, so I haven’t used it, does anybody have or can anybody suggest where I could purchase them, I have searched the internet but cant find any. Any help will appreciated. Many thanks in advance.

sfry748:
I have just acquired a DGH-TS01 but it has no instructions with it, so I haven’t used it, does anybody have or can anybody suggest where I could purchase them, I have searched the internet but cant find any. Any help will appreciated. Many thanks in advance.

Probably a silly question but have you tried Youtube? Lots of practical demonstrations on there if you are patient enough to trawl through the crap.

As the banner says which hour guard do you use? I am looking to get one but can`t decide which. :question:

Neither, the digital tachograph and my records keep me legal, but I know plenty of drivers feel more comfortable using an HourGuard, each to there own I guess :wink:

If I had a digi I wouldnt bother with an hour guard, infact I only got a TS02 because I came off a digi onto analogue and couldnt be arsed writing down/remembering or counting what hours I had done, weekend breaks, daily breaks etc etc… Ive the TS02 from Daveydriver on the forum. Id highly reccomend you get one from him, TNUK discount, any hassles he’ll fix or replace without the blink of an eye lid (DOne so for me twice) and hes here, not some sales person based in Taiwan who you will never get a hold of.

Thanks for that Scottishcruiser. That is the exact reason I am looking I have been used to the digi working everything out for me and as you say I dont think I would remember to write everything down! Thanks again

Still have the original hour guard, going strong after 9 years, only trouble is it doesnt know about the new way of splitting your breaks so I have to be careful about that, but it does everything else I need it to

Iuse a tactrack have done for years :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :grimacing:

I use this !

I aint going to knock any timer on the market, they are all there for a purpose, but one thing I do say to anyone asking which timer they should have is the following:

1. Do you need to download and keep a record of the work you’ve done i.e for checking agency isn’t doing you out of hours etc

If not then rule out the TS02 as the TS01 uses identical software the only difference being that the TS01 does not have the USB components or the memory module fitted.

1. Do you need to fill in a time sheet where you have to total up your Other Work or POA etc for the day, if so then the TS01 is suitable for you.

If you simply want to be warned when 4.5 hrs driving time is completed then a standard stop watch is suitable

I’ve had numerous requests from owners of the original hour guards for the software to be updated, however, it’s not possible for 2 reasons. The Original Manufacturer disappeared over the Chinese New Year in 2005 never to be seen or heard of along with payment for 2,000 timers :angry:

The Original Software writer was located 2 years ago, but, did not have the password to access the software as the original manufacturer had changed it, Roy, the software writer tried various methods of accessing the software without success.

The Current software writer has ammended the current software used in the TS01 & TS02 to enable us to look at introducing a very basic model similar to the old CE01, (i.e using 2 x AAA batteries) and using the mould for the rectangular CE01 timers introduced in 2006, however, until the end of this month I dont know whether we will be going for a production run, sadly I think the old CE01’s cannot be fitted with the updated PCB because of the LCD being different, although I will not commit myself to confirming that until I have seen the samples due to be sent later this month, as the whole idea was with the intentions of allowing owners of the original CE01’s to install new PCB’s to give them a new lease of life.

A lot of things are happening at the moment, as far as the Hour Guards are concerned, and although the above information has not really been released publicly, I feel it can do no harm releasing it into the public domain now.

The Name of the timer has not been decided yet, basically because we dont know whether to release it onto the market or not, but if it is released, it will not include the 26 week feature or the USB or rechargeable battery options, Price is also not set yet due to the unstable pound, but, if it is released, I am going to make it available for under £30.00

Davey the only problem I had with my original Hour guard is when the batteries died, i lost all the information on it, and i thought the little battery was supposed to keep the information on it :question: got used to it just write down my fornightly driving and all other info before replacing them

Personally in a digi truck I don’t use anything, the tacho head and a few notes in my diary are all I need to very easily stay legal.

In an analogue truck I use a stopwatch to keep track of my driving time and notes in my diary to note when I take my breaks and find that works fine for me.

I used to use an old style hour guard but the problem I had with that is that if you forget to press a button at any point in your shift that often makes it useless for the rest of the shift, plus the changes in the regulations mean it’s not much use any more anyway.

Paul

The ts01 is a fantastic little device. Simple to use and easy to read.

I just use a stop watch to keep track of driving time and make notes in the diary of working time, daily drive time POA etc. I have a banked hours balance to keep track of too.