National truckers strike

Why is it we just accept DIRE PAY and CONDITIONS in this industry? We are exploited and paid less to drive 44 TONNE TRUCKS Than the guys who ACTUALLY TIP US… :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

SO BROTHERS / SISTERS IT IS ARMED WITH THOSE SAD FACTS AND FACTS IS WHAT THEY ARE , THAT I PROPOSE TO RALLY A CALL FOR A NATIONAL STRIKE…

Any dates for a 3 day stoppage by TRUCK DRIVERS to be discussed and arranged A.S.A.P…

it is time we woke up and said ENOUGH IS ENOUGH…

THANK-YOU …TONY.

It’s a good thought , but unfortunately Uk drivers don’t stick together like our French counterparts we all have our reasons, most of them valid, But if we all stopped , even only for a day, then WILLI BETZ and NOBBY DANGLE etc will take even more of the cream.It’s up to employers to negotiate realistic rates for the job ,If there’s no money coming in, how can they pay it out?
A few bosses i know of plead poverty but still manage to drive a flashy motor and have a “comfortable” lifestyle
best of luck…
roy…

I Dont and won’t work for peanuts, i know i am lucky, at the moment i have a good job, but to many accept rubbish pay & conditions.

I am with you 100% Tony!

Its about time we the Professional drivers show this country that without us this country would be on its knees! We deserve proper pay!

A National Pay Table with proper conditions! its about time we stoped moaning and did something about it!

Power to the people!

TONY:
Why is it we just accept DIRE PAY and CONDITIONS in this industry? We are exploited and paid less to drive 44 TONNE TRUCKS Than the guys who ACTUALLY TIP US… :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

SO BROTHERS / SISTERS IT IS ARMED WITH THOSE SAD FACTS AND FACTS IS WHAT THEY ARE , THAT I PROPOSE TO RALLY A CALL FOR A NATIONAL STRIKE…

Since when has £5.85 been less than £7.50 Tony? Thats the difference between the warehouse people and drivers at my place so does not seem to be a “fact” that they are paid more than us at all.

SAINSBURYS HAYDOCK JUST WENT ON STRIKE FOR £8.00 P/H…AND SECURED AN INCREASE TO £7.58 P/H WHAREHOUSE WORK…I REST MY CASE… :unamused:

Arthur Scargill!

Alive and Well and working in mcdonalds.

I could do an irlams driver rant here and object to being called Brother

Tone, I’ll admit, I believe now, and have done for a good while, that parking them up is the only language that would get things sorted, and I dont just mean wages, theres plenty needs sorting. And yes, they that went on strike where you mention did that and won some, but its localised. See what I mean? The 79 strike was TGWU organised, and while I dont know how many joined it out of all drivers, what percentage I mean, it took about a month. So, how would a succesfull strike be organised? Because if it wernt solid, it would do more damage than good. Localised is easy, national would be real hard to do. Just a few thoughts mate.

Mal.

Yeah, and you think that when all us employed drivers are parked up like good’uns, all the owner drivers will be doing the same, with ££££ of debt to pay off, insurance, tax to pay etc :question: :question: :question: :question: :question:

NOT A [ZB] CHANCE :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

They’ll all be hot-footing it into Tesco’s or where ever, “look, you’ve got 5000 trailers of goods to deliver with no-one to drive them. I’ll do it for ££££…” Signed and sealed. Job done. Whole point of the exercise down the tubes :unamused:

THAT’S[/b] what the problem is (amongst others)

Blimey Mal ive caused quite a stirr ontother site :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Nice to see you mate…Tone… :wink:

TONY:
Blimey Mal ive caused quite a stirr ontother site :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Nice to see you mate…Tone… :wink:

You too mate! you got me curous now, I like a good stirr! Im gonna have to go and read it, even though I quit the pda! LOL!

Mal.

So what else is in the package Tony? Do the drivers get a meal allowance that the warehouse people don’t? Are the drivers able to get other benefits that others on the site can’t? The headlines don’t tell the full story mate, for instance, the drivers at my place get a dark hour allowance that the warehouse don’t because of the shift allowance payable to other staff. The rates quoted in my earlier post are the basic rates only.

Its all down to percentage!

owner drivers could never fill the void Yes they would make a few bob and which Trucker would blaim them? not I

it would only take about 50-60% of Uk driver to down keys for a week and believe me Mr Blair would be bricking it. and something would be agreed quite soon!
but I agree with Mal it would take some sorting and a major union would have to be on board!
But sure as chips it would shake the whole industry up and it would end up in changes that some would not like!
But the UK trucker would be better paid and conditions would improve!

HEAR HEAR THAT MAN… :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

What would happen If every truck on the road just stopped, for say five minutes at rush hour or at any time of the day.

The idea is Ok but Joe Public still don’t understand that everything they buy or use at some time was on a truck.

Wayne… if all trucks stopped stopped for 5 minutes then the public would just drive past them wondering what the problem was. Sad but True

The fuel strikes were effective because they created a panic buy situation, therefore petrol stations ran out of fuel and couldn;t get a delivery. Theren’t many other items that the public need to the same extent which can have the same effect. :cry: :cry:

why is it that its the same 3 guys on this site that seem to be wanting every driver to stick 2 fingers up to the boss and say sod you i quit because i’m not working for that amount.tony, some of us have families to consider,and bills to pay. i can’t do that living on the dole nor on a warehouseman’s wage.if you ,critic,or mal can then please feel free to go and be warehouseman,don’t let us drivers stop you.you say that your trying to get a 3 day strike for drivers :exclamation: why should you bother your not a driver any more.and i ain’t your brother.if we did go out on strike, do you think that we’d all stick together :question: no because you have certain owner drivers who would be in there making a fortune, whilst stupid me and you are standing outside watching them jump pickett lines.and yes it has been done b4.remember the ravensgraig steel works when you had a certain tipper company drive right through the normal workers just because there boss told them to.and these are the drivers that are sitting next to all drivers on this form at the truck stops.why would we want to go out on strike anyway :question: when according to you that all the bosses will have to pay us drivers a decent wage next march come the wtd.so we maze well hang on till march 05 and find out what happens then. its only 11 month down the line.we have been waiting a good 40+ years for drivers to get this big money that yous talk about, so another year ain’t going to hurt.anyway if this wtd was any good why did we not want to join the eu years ago :question: mayby we could have better wages by now :question: why did all yous drivers with a few years under your belt not start to do something about the money years back. :question: or was it a case of i’v got to look after my family or i can’t live on the dole money. :question: well nothing has changed it’s a bit late in the day for you’s to be shouting about it now. just change the record, if you 3 want to stand outside then feel free, we won’t stop you.and b4 you start gobbing off yes i can live on what i get paid,and we are one off the highest paid for the kind of work we do,i speak to a hell of alot of artic drivers over the course of the week and by god i feel like dirt when i tell them what i’m on.and some of these drivers are from down south.some of them don’t even touch my wage even with there night out money.now tony go and work in your warehouse,and i hope you enjoy it,and when you get your first wage packet put it up here,so we can see what the great tony is getting paid.

make that 4 of us then kitkat… ive been saying the said same thing for ages… trouble is some folk just havent got the balls to stick together…(as an industry)…
to many folk moaning (oh how will i pay the bills) my god some folk cannot see past next weeks provvy bill…some sort of unilateral strike has to be of benefit to us all in the LONG RUN…if folk could just see… its the LONG RUN that counts… not right now…tony has been a member long enuff to remember the responses i got from a similar posting some time ago.
SAME OLD RESPONSE…ooooh wot about the provvy wife i cant pay her if i,m on strike…DOH…instead of whinging take 1 minute of your time and think… ive said it before and i,ll say it again.
i,m happy plodding on, but ive got the balls to stand up alongside any other like minded driver/transport industry person and stand side by side to fight for a better standard of pay and conditions… for the good of my future…hey hey not bad eh… :laughing: :laughing:…WOLD YOU…(thought not)

it will never happen

firstly can you see eddie exel wincantons etc etc… allowing there trucks to be parked up,i can’t.

some agency will always step in there with £10 an hour offers of drivers and then when the rest join the eu soon they won’t be requiring drivers that drop tools because they feel hard done by (i for one am happy with what i get paid).

egor and friends will work for tuppence and that would put paid to your pay rise even your jobs.

just one question , if the pay is so dreadfull why don’t you do something else?

jon

i can’t do that living on the dole nor on a warehouseman’s wage.if you ,critic,or mal can then please feel free to go and be warehouseman,don’t let us drivers stop you.

Hang on there a minute Jim! Speaking for myself now, when the hell have I ever said a warehouseman gets better money than us? Also, when have I said we’d all be better off doing that job? I aint, its where me and Tone dont agree! But, where we do agree is that if anything wants changing in an industry, it gets changed one way, action, in our case parking them up, it was done before in 79, just before I got me class 1, and it worked.

I believe it, so I say it so Jim, dont give me none of that “don’t let us drivers stop you.” stuff, Im a driver too, and I was a owner driver for 5 years, so I know it from both sides of the fence, and Ive earned me place with graft and years and have a track record to prove it.

Ive also always said that any strike that didnt include the gaffers wouldnt do the full job, why? well because theyd have to stick together too and get the rates up instead of cutting them so theyd be able to give us more. And if the rates were better they wouldnt have to dog the drivers so bad, and those that did wouldnt keep the blokes! Also, they need to be in it to force the govt to stop robbing us blind on the price of fuel, which eats profits, and to force the govt to address the bloody disgracefull parking situation.

Ive even said that I dont think it will ever happen, and hope im wrong on that score, but I still believe that to get the public to know what we mean to them in no uncertain terms, theyd have to feel some pain, and you aught to know as well as I do that a 100% solid park-up would deliver that reality in less than a fortnight! No more would they treat us like lepers and try to keep us out of every town where we go for everybody’s benefit!

No, the govt have sold the people of this country a lie over the last 25 years, and that is that action is wrong. But look at what they do when they want something done, action, for ■■■■■ sake they even bomb people to get their own way!! “Do as we say, not as we do”, thats what they want everybody thinking, and the truth is, most just lie down and take it anyway.

Like Terry says, looking long term is the answer, and I agree with him 100%, for the industry to get the proper respect it deserves we have to take it, because it aint going to change any time soon otherwise, and the MP’s know all the bloody daft “initiatives” in the world wont work, they just laugh at us. And like Terry, I’ll plod on as a driver, ive done so for a good many years already, but I do have the balls to join something if it would happen, for the long term good of everybody, not just me, and though I wouldnt do any other job, Im awake enough to see the crap in it as well as the good.

Another thing, I dont call for everybody to stick 2 fingers up at the gaffer, my gaffer is of the same mind as I am, I see him as a mate, and want him to do well, because I know if he does well, I will! He knows its ■■■■■■■■ and something has to change in a cut-throat, over regulated, fleeced for cash by fuel off the govt, VITAL industry, what does he suggest? park em up!

Mal.