COVID rewards

Obviously not everyone has been working during the crisis, some furloughed…some redundant etc

But for everyone who has worked, has your employer rewarded you, or given any rewards…

Ive worked for 2 companies during the crisis, and the difference is massive…

One gave a pittance and nothing since…the other is unbelievable in payments and gifts…

Swordsy:
Obviously not everyone has been working during the crisis, some furloughed…some redundant etc

But for everyone who has worked, has your employer rewarded you, or given any rewards…

One gave a pittance and nothing since…the other is unbelievable in payments and gifts…

Don’t be shy tell all, unbelievably in payment and gifts

Swordsy:

youtu.be/ztVMib1T4T4

I got given a pack of wet wipes for the cab.

We got a letter (well, someone in management did) from a minister (?) which basically says something like "“I am enormously proud of the work that you have done, and I want to thank each and every one of you. You have been, and continue to be, the hidden heroes of this pandemic.”

They printed it out and pinned it to the info board for every one of us to read and feel proud and appreciated. Let’s see in 5-10 years time when driverless trucks come along, how much appreciation we get then :laughing: . “Thank you for your service and good luck! We’ve been honored to have you on board!”

I got nothing, but I’m aware that staff in all stores got a few £100’s bonus in their August pay packets

robroy:

Swordsy:

youtu.be/ztVMib1T4T4

this

I’m allowed 2 years to use what holidays i had left whoopee cheers Ray

Swordsy:

Is the CEO Dwain? If so I’ve been there just over 2 years. Nice way to treat staff.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

We had an extra weeks wages which was very fair of my lot (Asda) I’d say.

We got an extra £3 p/h all the way through by way of thanks. It was all going swimmingly until me and Bobby Ewing stepped out of the shower only to find…

Younger viewers may need to Google that reference.

we all got 300 euros (@ £280 iirc),paid into our bank accounts.and we have a ‘covid room’,stacked with wipes,sanitisers etc.as soon as you ask for some…there on it!

We got £100 bonus for Christmas and Covid as a thanks, so take deductions off and its probably under £60.

Also told to go whistle for a pay rise. And the MD said if we don’t like it we know where the gate is.

Progressive and modern thinking… That’s the Kinaxia way…

We got double our Christmas bonus made me a tax free lump sum of £0000

£100 thankyou plus more work than I wanted. Boris gave me a 34% wage rise which was nice.

Conor:
£100 thankyou plus more work than I wanted. Boris gave me a 34% wage rise which was nice.

Do you expect that remark to pass without comment?

:smiley:

Our company provided the tramping lads , across all the yards (i believe), with microwaveable hot meals throughout the first wave.

Just tesco 5 minute things, but when you was struggling to get something it was very handy to say the least or if you knew you was heading down the road and fancied a hot meal for lunch then you could grab something.

Then at Christmas they gave us a £50 M&S voucher and a Thermus Mug with the company logo.
Mrs made use of the card and ive used the mug ever since cus it fits nicely in the cup holders.

the maoster:

Never watched an episode but…

I remember thinking it had to be the most implausible plot line I’d ever heard of, possibly still is.

the maoster:
We got an extra £3 p/h all the way through by way of thanks. It was all going swimmingly until me and Bobby Ewing stepped out of the shower only to find…

Debbie does Dallas? :wink:

Call me a pessimist but I just know all this new found love and admiration for ‘key workers’ will evaporate fast when things settle. It’s happening already, with NHS staff being shafted with a pathetic pay rise. If the government think they can get away with doing that right now, and frankly with our idiotic voting public they can, I can only imagine what’s to come. Plus Truck drivers are fast returning to the pariahs we’ve been for decades.

Ask a nurse or doctor what they prefer, for everyone to stand at their front door bashing pans once a week or people who vote accordingly

Herewith ends the sermon. Peace Be With You