Class 1 driver clocked at 124mph in own car

worldsbestdriver:

Conor:

Zac_A:

Conor:
Should have had your LGV entitlement revoked for ill repute at almost twice the speed limit.

I’m not certain that bad repute is applicable, it’s mainly in respect of O licence holders

It applies to vocational licence holders too (LGV/PCV). You can have one refused because of a criminal record or a consistent history of motoring offences even before you had a LGV/PCV licence.

If they stopped everyone with a criminal record from driving lorries then there really would be a driver shortage! I’d say about 95% of class 1 drivers have been convicted of some sort of crime. Probably over 50% have served a bit of time.

You need to stop being so condemning. It’s a bit of speeding. In Germany, on some roads the coppers would have been overtaking him at those speeds to get their doughnuts. It’s not the smartest move admittedly. But it’s not the end of the world.

OP - good luck for the future. I’m sure you will find work - let’s hope it’s not in the same firm as Conor as he will no doubt burst into tears as the idea of having to share air time with a man of your ill repute. And he seems like he’d never let you forget it.

Here’s one of his AKA’s backing himself up