Police using unmarked HGVs (Operation Tramline)

Ey up

I’m a new driver so i’ve only just heard and come across this.

dailymail.co.uk/news/articl … OVIES.html

Watching a movie while driving a HGV?? jesus!

Hmmm… the pixellisation doesn’t seem to have fully disguised the operator here. :stuck_out_tongue:

Seems like more forces are starting to do this now. If you are sitting on a few points of course it can be curtains on your driving for a while with immediate effect.

Harry Monk:
Hmmm… the pixellisation doesn’t seem to have fully disguised the operator here. :stuck_out_tongue:

Stobarts? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
nah, thats a old pic with eager beaver at the wheel just before he left their employ, note the coffee in hand… :smiley:

Trucknet 2020

Is it just the heinous crime of holding a coffee that warrants such publicity? I know he’s driving a 44ton instrument of death but… really? Yes by letter of law we should be 10 and 2 on the steering wheel at all times :unamused: but is a drink so bad? Why have drive through coffee places at services? Iys OK for car drivers?

Wrong colour for Stobrats. Try the ones out of Gloucester. The red and white ones. :smiley:

toonsy:
Is it just the heinous crime of holding a coffee that warrants such publicity? I know he’s driving a 44ton instrument of death but… really? Yes by letter of law we should be 10 and 2 on the steering wheel at all times :unamused: but is a drink so bad? Why have drive through coffee places at services? Iys OK for car drivers?

According to the article, the driver was on Facetime and when he spotted the police he picked up his coffee and then gave a thumbs up to the camera, so both hands off the wheel!

So a little bit more than just holding a coffee.

SWEDISH BLUE:
Wrong colour for Stobrats. Try the ones out of Gloucester. The red and white ones. :smiley:

No really

If you can’t…

Spot an un-marked police HGV outta yer mirrors, you wanna look for another job.

yourhavingalarf:
If you can’t…

Spot an un-marked police HGV outta yer mirrors, you wanna look for another job.

Got to watch a film not your mirrors

80.667…

Feet per second at 55mph.

Just sayin’ like.

yourhavingalarf:
80.667…

Feet per second at 55mph.

Just sayin’ like.

90 kph is 25 m/s.
The SI system has been Gov policy since 1965.
Hhhmmmmm…

toonsy:
Is it just the heinous crime of holding a coffee that warrants such publicity? I know he’s driving a 44ton instrument of death but… really? Yes by letter of law we should be 10 and 2 on the steering wheel at all times :unamused: but IS A DRINK SO BAD ? Why have drive through coffee places at services? Iys OK for car drivers?

Speaking generally, (and not including what the guy in question did)…but NO, in real world it ain’t. :bulb:
However if you adapt the Goebbles technique of banging home that it actually is, drip feeding by the media backed up with a few ‘shock statistics’, before you know it the said technique takes effect, and people not only believe it, and repeat it, they make phone calls to the law to make themselves feel good.
Don’t know about you, but I can (and do) drive fine using one hand (clue PAS) but can also drink a coffee without taking my eyes off road :open_mouth: (shock did he REALLY say that?? :open_mouth: )
How long would it take if same said technique was adapted saying…‘Tuning your radio can cause carnage’ …about a month I reckon, then the usual suspects off here would be condemning us as potential killers for listening to Ken Bruce. :unamused: :laughing:

robroy:

toonsy:
Is it just the heinous crime of holding a coffee that warrants such publicity? I know he’s driving a 44ton instrument of death but… really? Yes by letter of law we should be 10 and 2 on the steering wheel at all times :unamused: but IS A DRINK SO BAD ? Why have drive through coffee places at services? Iys OK for car drivers?

Speaking generally, (and not including what the guy in question did)…but NO, in real world it ain’t. :bulb:
However if you adapt the Goebbles technique of banging home that it actually is, drip feeding by the media backed up with a few ‘shock statistics’, before you know it the said technique takes effect, and people not only believe it, and repeat it, they make phone calls to the law to make themselves feel good.
Don’t know about you, but I can (and do) drive fine using one hand (clue PAS) but can also drink a coffee without taking my eyes off road :open_mouth: (shock did he REALLY say that?? :open_mouth: )
How long would it take if same said technique was adapted saying…‘Tuning your radio can cause carnage’ …about a month I reckon, then the usual suspects off here would be condemning us as potential killers for listening to Ken Bruce. :unamused: :laughing:

Come on snake let’s have your high and mighty version of perfection

I don’t think having a coffee whilst driving is the end of the world, to abide by the law you must be in full control of any vehicle, I think the driver in question nailed his own coffin by having the said coffee in one hand and giving a thumbs up to the camera with the other, with no hands on the wheel.
That without doubt is driving without due care and attention.

ibby730d:

Surprisingly common on nights. If you see someone weaving around on nights they’ve usually either got their phone or tablet laid in front of their speedo watching a film or their face stuck in Facebook on their phone.

Conor:

ibby730d:

Surprisingly common on nights. If you see someone weaving around on nights they’ve usually either got their phone or tablet laid in front of their speedo watching a film or their face stuck in Facebook on their phone.

Or trying to roll a cigarette and using their elbows/knees to ‘‘handle’’ the steering wheel. They’re probably used to proper m-ways like in Germany. Good luck here with the bumpty-bumps; it’s a constant wrestle even on straight stretches, especially in a MERCEDESSSS.

ETS:

Conor:

ibby730d:

Or trying to roll a cigarette and using their elbows/knees to ‘‘handle’’ the steering wheel. They’re probably used to proper m-ways like in Germany. Good luck here with the bumpty-bumps; it’s a constant wrestle even on straight stretches, especially in a MERCEDESSSS.

LOL have you been to Germany lately? the road surfaces are currently atrocious with more roadworks and speed restrictions due to failing infrastructure than you can shake a big stick at, not nicknamed Stauland by the EE’s for nothing!!!