Working for Hermes

TomCrin:
Had an assessment in Nuneaton around 2yrs ago. Passed the driving but failed the theory. The assessor gave me some literature to brush up on, which I did, and passed when I returned a week later to resit it.
Very shortly after the operation moved to Rugby and I was given a shift out of there. Arrived early and appeared keen but was told my unit had not yet returned and to wait in the room. I was given a run somewhere south with times on and was already late which I explained to the clerk/gaffer behind the desk. No worries was the reply. The unit eventually showed up a couple of hours later and I was chased until I got the load to the security barrier. Arrived at the delivery depot and it was pitch black. Guy came out of the warehouse door arms flailing and shouting you’re late blah blah. Didn’t even bother to explain to him why. Put my trailer on the bay given to me and was asked to shunt trailers around the yard. I said it’s really dark and I wasn’t comfortable moving trailers in that environment. He pointed over to a trailer and said that’s yours to go back to Rugby. I asked if I could have a break and he said no room, have it outside. I was really ■■■■■■ with his attitude so I thought I’d ring Rugby and complain about him. Before I could, I got a call asking why I wasn’t complying with requests, I explained why and he said that was not what he was hearing. I though bollox to this. I wanted to go back into the warehouse and find the [zb] and have a word but thought better of it. Was expecting a bollocking when I returned but they were as nice as pie. Got my kit and went home. Bad experience perhaps, a one off possibly but I have no desire ever to return to that [zb], ever.

I pull for hermes and to be honest your experience is pretty much still ongoing.
Alot of depots have banksman who think they know it all.
TBH it’s a good little job,I just do trunking.
Thurrock or avonmouth is my favourite run but Pen y Bont is the worst,Lovely run down there but it goes down hill after that.
As Professional drivers we are ment to remain calm but sometimes the men in blue just want it and…Its a invitation so Give it back.
Office staff seem fair enough