Switch of career advice?

R420:

fonzi:

R420:
Knocks all the people giving the guy good, sound advice, then comes out with this gem !

fonzi:
And do consider the owner operator route. Again forget all of the crap you will be given, its a good route to follow

Oh deary me. :smiley: :smiley: Where to even start ? :unamused:

As always its each persons opinion. If you have a reasonable Brain and a good Idea of how your business works, Then Its doable as an O/O. And that is from my own experience. Yes for sure its not a walk in the park. And you need money behind you. But it is not rocket science.
So I stand by what I say. If you disagree well that is your prerogative I have no problem with that. But please do not just ■■■ ■■■ it just because its not you thing. Many many people go down the O/O route. Some make it and some do not. I have been more than happy over the years and although not rich, certainly better off than being employed. And I do not have to please or ■■■■ up to some [zb] in the traffic office unlike most employees.

“Some make it some do not”.

“A tiny minority make it, the vast majority do not”. Edited for accuracy. It’s a mugs game and has been for at least the last 20 years. Some will never be happy until they’ve got it out of their system and watched the repo man drive off with their blinged up V8s. That doesn’t change the advice.

For sure there is part of the answer. A Blinged up V8, will not earn you any more money. So stick to a vehicle what earns you the most dosh. And if they want to be a Badge Snob, that is entirely up to them. But if we are to give advice then it must be Knowledgable, and not just because you did not do it or did not want to do it. As in any business start up Knowledgable people will probably make it. The rest will learn the hard way.

Theres