Is my agency ripping me off?

Talking to other drivers and the agency contact today whilst waiting for a run to come available, delivering for a large reputable food supply company. We ended up talking about bank holiday rates, ( I’d forgotten that it was a bank holiday weekend).

The company had recently (2 weeks ago) brought in pay parity between agency and full time members of staff, irrelevant of how long you have been there.
One F/T told me the rate of pay we should be on.
the agency I work for appear to be paying me about 25% less.

I’ve asked the company for their documentation which they said they’d happily supply. So just waiting for this tomorrow hopefully.

What should my approach with the agency be? could it just be a clerical error and I ask them to update and back pay?

let them know I know they are taking the mick?

the best part is they sent me a message today asking for me to leave a 5 star Google review. So I don’t want it to seem I’m bribing them.

I know they have to make some money too, which from the sounds of things would be about £4 p/h but they are making about £7/8 p/h on me. but I could swap agency to another who has a contract with the company and are paying the drivers the parity rate.

They’re an agency with their margins being squeezed so of course they are ripping you off. Parity means exactly what it says; parity with the employed drivers at whatever Co you are working at. Do some digging and demand what you are legally entitled to mate.

My mate who works agency where I work phoned me today expressing his delight in the pay parity he was receiving. We talked for a while and then I mentioned dark money (we get an extra £2 p/h for anything before 0600 or after 1800) and he said that the agency hadn’t even mentioned that.

Of course they hadn’t, the thieving scumbags were planning on pocketing that no doubt!

SiSwipe:
Talking to other drivers and the agency contact today whilst waiting for a run to come available, delivering for a large reputable food supply company. We ended up talking about bank holiday rates, ( I’d forgotten that it was a bank holiday weekend).

The company had recently (2 weeks ago) brought in pay parity between agency and full time members of staff, irrelevant of how long you have been there.

I’ve asked the company for their documentation which they said they’d happily supply. So just waiting for this tomorrow hopefully.

What should my approach with the agency be? could it just be a clerical error and I ask them to update and back pay?

the best part is they sent me a message today asking for me to leave a 5 star Google review. So I don’t want it to seem I’m bribing them.

I know they have to make some money too, which from the sounds of things would be about £4 p/h but they are making about £7/8 p/h on me. but I could swap agency to another who has a contract with the company and are paying the drivers the parity rate.

Cheeky ■■■■■ asking for 5 stars! Ok ask for a review but to demand 5 stars tells you all you need to know about them…

I wouldn’t be mincing me words, get the facts from the company first then tell agency to pay parity, if they refuse jump to other agency

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

drover:

SiSwipe:

Cheeky [zb] asking for 5 stars! Ok ask for a review but to demand 5 stars tells you all you need to know about them…

I wouldn’t be mincing me words, get the facts from the company first then tell agency to pay parity, if they refuse jump to other agency

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

I think I’d be going to the other agency anyway… robbing ■■■■■■■■■

Yes.

- Pin the above post as my “Shortest of all time”. :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

the maoster:
They’re an agency with their margins being squeezed so of course they are ripping you off. Parity means exactly what it says; parity with the employed drivers at whatever Co you are working at. Do some digging and demand what you are legally entitled to mate.

My mate who works agency where I work phoned me today expressing his delight in the pay parity he was receiving. We talked for a while and then I mentioned dark money (we get an extra £2 p/h for anything before 0600 or after 1800) and he said that the agency hadn’t even mentioned that.

Of course they hadn’t, the thieving scumbags were planning on pocketing that no doubt!

But does pairty pay work the other way, say agency are getting more than employed drivers??

I can’t see how this works you’ve got x amount of
Agency drivers kicking off because as this Swedish thing has finished there entitled to
The same pay as employed drivers !
So are the employed drivers entitled to the same pay as the agency drivers who are on more ph than them at the same company
My mate who is employed is looking into this as he says he should be on the same hourly
Rate as me
This is opening a real can of worms

Winseer:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Sorry Winseer, it seems that Carryfast once wrote the word “no” which is one letter fewer than your best effort so far. :grimacing:

However, it’s gone to VAR because there was an objection (19 pages) from Carryfast who alleged that the Ref hadn’t spotted that one of the other players had fouled him by unplugging his keyboard.

:bulb: A very creditable effort on your part though!! :smiley: :smiley:

Winseer:

See if you can manage to do a few even shorter ones.

when I was working in a warehouse it took me 6 weeks to get a pay slip. when I finally did I found every week my pay was wrong. went and had a word with the agency office on site promised they would sort it the following week. following week came and no refund and pay still wrong. so spoke to every person that was on the agency and told them to check their pay. so they were inundated with complaints and demands for pay checks. I also told the management of the company I was placed at what had happened and if it was the same next week I wouldn’t be in and I would be suggesting the others didn’t either.

only way to deal with agencies playing nice and polite doesn’t work with them… hit them in their pockets and make them do the work and it all soon gets sorted,

dieseldave:

Winseer:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Sorry Winseer, it seems that Carryfast once wrote the word “no” which is one letter fewer than your best effort so far. :grimacing:

However, it’s gone to VAR because there was an objection (19 pages) from Carryfast who alleged that the Ref hadn’t spotted that one of the other players had fouled him by unplugging his keyboard.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

robroy:

Winseer:

See if you can manage to do a few even shorter ones.

cooper1203:
when I was working in a warehouse it took me 6 weeks to get a pay slip. when I finally did I found every week my pay was wrong. went and had a word with the agency office on site promised they would sort it the following week. following week came and no refund and pay still wrong. so spoke to every person that was on the agency and told them to check their pay. so they were inundated with complaints and demands for pay checks. I also told the management of the company I was placed at what had happened and if it was the same next week I wouldn’t be in and I would be suggesting the others didn’t either.

only way to deal with agencies playing nice and polite doesn’t work with them… hit them in their pockets and make them do the work and it all soon gets sorted,

The moment the apparent “Respect” starts, you need to start looking at where you’ve already been fleeced…
The moment the “respect” stops - is usually the moment the phone stops ringing, and you are left guessing as to why…

dieseldave:

Winseer:

Dave, I think you my need VAR to look again. :smiley:

Edit - Just noticed an even shorter post from Winny. :open_mouth:

Agencies are in the business of having a surplus of drivers and undercutting the competition.
You can either moan and ■■■■■ about it or just accept it as fact.

I prefer the flexability of agency work so I put up with it.
The few thing is never be loyal with an agency. The moment they go too far or try to BS you just walk away.
Recently I asked for local work within 5 miles of my house (it was pretty unreasonable request tbh) and they said they could not find it. I asked for my P45 and found another firm. They tried very hard to keep me on promising more local work.

The only weapon in your arsenal with agencies is the ability to join another agency. If they know you will walk they are more likely not to mess with you.

Agencies might have a nasty shock coming - if enough of their former “excess” drivers suddenly discover higher net paid (what I’ll call) “under-employment”…
Said agency goes from a glut of drivers to “not enough” - but then cannot, will not, and is already disabled from raising rates to attract those missing drivers back…
That, for example - would be why firms like Royal Mail are advertizing on a regular basis despite their work being nearly £20ph… No good to most people if the hoops to keep such apparently decent work are impossible to jump through day in, day out…

Hardly a new concept this…

“Hand Car Wash”
or
“MiniCabbing”
or
“Eatery Delivery”

You don’t think for a moment that the low income from such forms of “Under-Employment” represent the ONLY employment that person has - eh?

Wiretwister:

dieseldave:

Winseer:

Even that one was too long :unamused: …but it was a lot easier than usual just to ignore that time, and much better than his usual type posts, to maintain attention to it. :smiley:

Ok I’m being grumpy, cruel and harsh :blush: , but I’m missing my social life and it’s bank hol wk.end ffs :imp: :open_mouth: . :smiley:

Without reading the opening post, yes… yes they are.

robroy:

Wiretwister:

dieseldave:

Winseer:

Even that one was too long :unamused: …but it was a lot easier than usual just to ignore that time, and much better than his usual type posts, to maintain attention to it. :smiley:

Ok I’m being grumpy, cruel and harsh :blush: , but I’m missing my social life and it’s bank hol wk.end ffs :imp: :open_mouth: . :smiley:

Robbo guy - you’re still rising to the challenge and responding to all four of these vvvvvv at once - ain’t ya? :stuck_out_tongue: :smiling_imp:
MEET THE NEW TRUCKNET ROB…Trying my best not to respond to knobheads, wind up merchants, gob [zb] and baiters…wish me luck.:slight_smile: and work out which one you are.
…Meanwhile, I’m getting Easter Weekend off for the first time this century!! It’s quite painless actually. Nayyy bovva!