Isolation

To be honest im loving isolation, i live on my own and in my fancy flat with a nice bathroom, bedroom and kitchen, 50" tv…

Whats not to like…

Ive spent more or less 21 years in a tin box no bigger than a phone box… 3 months ha ha ha bring it on.

On day one I felt like that.

On day three I wanted to kill people.

On day six I was back at work, with a smile on my face :open_mouth:

Granted it didnt last long but still :laughing:

jessicas dad:
To be honest im loving isolation, i live on my own and in my fancy flat with a nice bathroom, bedroom and kitchen, 50" tv…

Whats not to like…

Ive spent more or less 21 years in a tin box no bigger than a phone box… 3 months ha ha ha bring it on.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
+1
my sentiments exactly.
im still working away as and when the mood takes me at home,all mod cons,no visitors of inlaws,more movies that il ever be anle to watch for the next 20 years,and ive carte blanche not to have to go out for the messages with my misses not letting me as i just dont give a toss about precautions…happy days and its win win win all round… :smiley:

Anyway, it’s better than getting coronavirus, I’ve seen the video of those poor people in Italy suffering from it

I live on my own in a flat. My girl friend owns her own house. She’s asked me to move in with her because we are staying away from each other’s places at the moment and she’s missing me/it [emoji9]. She’s a nurse that holds clinics for administering stuff (I don’t know the exact details [emoji23]) intravenous drugs or summit.
I had to come up with all sorts of excuses why I should really stay here on my own [emoji23]
I just like my own company and to be frank, enjoying the self containment so far.

jessicas dad:

Whats not to like…

Are you getting the 80% for staying at home?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Roverman:

jessicas dad:

Whats not to like…

I am [emoji2]

Just to add, on a normal Sunday I would be thinking of going to bed right now (20.00) for a daft-o-clock start tomorrow. Tonight not so! If this is what retirements like…’only’ 18 years to go [emoji28]

Even with the place to myself and all the premium tv channels, streamed music etc I haven’t even got to the end of the 1st weekend and I’m crawling up the wall, hopefully if things go to plan I’ll get furloughed for a while so I’ll have money coming in.
Despite having a limited amount of equipment I’ve turned a room into a home gym and I’m getting decent food and hot meals, so that’s a bonus.

I just wanna get out in the open

Personally I love being in my flat, as an introvert I’ve been practicing for this for years. :laughing:
However I do live in the middle of nowhere and the adjacent fields and woods are also owned by my landlords, so I can wander round without coming into contact with anybody. There are 3 of us living here at moment and like myself the other 2 seem happy in their own company, but we do check on each other if we go shopping, in case somebody needs a bit of extra shopping collected.
But I can imagine if you’re somebody who likes the company of others or stuck with your family in a small flat or house without much space the experience would very different, just look at how long some people can stay together over Christmas and New Year before it becomes too much.

peirre:
Even with the place to myself and all the premium tv channels, streamed music etc I haven’t even got to the end of the 1st weekend and I’m crawling up the wall, hopefully if things go to plan I’ll get furloughed for a while so I’ll have money coming in.
Despite having a limited amount of equipment I’ve turned a room into a home gym and I’m getting decent food and hot meals, so that’s a bonus.

I just wanna get out in the open

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
just go.whats stopping you?

nomiS36:

Roverman:

jessicas dad:

Whats not to like…

I am [emoji2]

I’m still working (food and drink deliveries) but if I get the virus or have to self isolate I’ll get the £94 per week sick pay. Seems a bit ■■■■■■ up to me, but it’s a funny old world

It’s only now I’ve realised I must have been practising social distancing and self isolation for my whole life, because practically nothing has changed in my life, except having to queue to get in the supermarket, and not being able to see my parents.

So for me it’s business as usual minus 99.9% of the muppets. This is a bloomin’ dream for me. I’ve dreamt of empty roads and less people my whole life. And here it is. I’m gonna savour every moment of the next 3 months.

One positive I’m hoping comes from this when we finally get back to normal is a lot more people realise they can work from home so there will be fewer people commuting.
Probably won’t happen but it would be nice!

nomiS36:
One positive I’m hoping comes from this when we finally get back to normal is a lot more people realise they can work from home so there will be fewer people commuting.

I think it’s a trust and ownership thing. An employer probably has little trust in allowing someone to work from home so the ownership of coming into the office becomes a monitoring instrument.

Now they’ve not had the opportunity and have had to allow it. If they see that it can work you can foresee a lot of shiny 12000sq foot office buildings being vacated for smaller, cheaper premises, thus saving money that way.

Roverman:

jessicas dad:

Whats not to like…

Nope got laid of, and i dont have any money but il deal with that later

Another one that is quite happy! Normally I am reasonably social, though spend a lot of time on my own as well.

The main difference is that I’m not going out on the boat.

toonsy:

nomiS36:

I think it’s a trust and ownership thing. An employer probably has little trust in allowing someone to work from home so the ownership of coming into the office becomes a monitoring instrument.

Now they’ve not had the opportunity and have had to allow it. If they see that it can work you can foresee a lot of shiny 12000sq foot office buildings being vacated for smaller, cheaper premises, thus saving money that way.

Some companies (mostly larger ones) are able to monitor those working from home through their computer, they basically know when they’ve logged into the companies network and can record what they’re doing, this has been done in an office environment for many years, make sure you’re not spending all day on social media, even keeping track on emails and other message systems.
Obviously not so common in smaller companies, but then as with drivers, its more difficult to cover up stuff when there are only a few of you.

I too am living in isolation, windows either side of me and a patio door in front just beyond the computer, from my home office I can see people walking dogs, watch birds building nests and see what colour knickers the neighbour wears, occasionally my wife walks past with her ■■■■ swinging and I even saw the International space station last night. I have just had a new bathroom fitted, a new roof and got a freezer full of fish and meat.

I did 40 years in a tin box in total isolation, this is great at the moment, I do miss the pub though!

reading through this thread it struck me the number of drivers that live on their own. Probably spent 60 hours on their own tramping around the country or Europe. When I was working, 2 nights a week away was all I was prepared to do and there was always another driver willing to change runs but those type of jobs seem in short supply now. You’ve got to be a bit of a loner to prefer that kind of life and it seems plenty like it that way, but I always liked my home comforts. There wasn’t much call for 24/7 delivery in those days so we was able to work mon. to fri. and occasional sat., the hairs on the back of my neck stand up when I read some of the shift patterns that are worked.