tv in truck

getting a tv 24v tv for my unit but just wondering if its better to run it through a inverter, will that make the truck battery last longer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can get 24v TV…but I’m guessing slightly more expensive and less choice than running off an inverter would allow

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

got a 24v tv but just curious if it’s better running it through a inverter

deanbrownn:
got a 24v tv but just curious if it’s better running it through a inverter

If the TV needs 24v why would you run it through an inverter?

So, it is a dual 240v or 24v TV?
In which case the TV will use a transformer to turn the 240v mains into a low voltage to run the solid state electrics. Like battery powered laptops, only a few volts are needed to power an LCD screen.
Transformers and inverters are never 100% efficient, they get warm when in use, this is wasted energy.
If you use an inverter to change 24v to 240v and the TV changes it down again, then energy is being lost twice.
Battery will last longer if you run TV direct rather than change voltage up and down.

On a side note to this I want to upgrade my Ariel I’ve fat one of old fashioned camping one on the back of my cab and it looks a bit 70’s :confused: Can some reccomend something a bit more up to date?

Can the OP clarify as I’m not sure IF the OP has a 24v tv or is planning to buy one in the near future. This way the replies from the collective will be more accurate

red7jase:
On a side note to this I want to upgrade my Ariel I’ve fat one of old fashioned camping one on the back of my cab and it looks a bit 70’s :confused: Can some reccomend something a bit more up to date?

Try a moonraker DTV1000.
Moonraker themselves sometimes have B grade (refurb) units for sale.
My A grade (new) was cheaper from amazon than from moonraker

I’ve got a standard 24" smart TV which runs through an inverter and find a magnetic aerial is actually better than the moonraker that I used to have and cheaper.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

240v TV just fine with 300w inverter. Better than paying ridiculous prices for 24v TV. On the aerial side moonraker one is fine but suckers are ■■■■■ and do not last long before losing their grip

peirre:
Can the OP clarify as I’m not sure IF the OP has a 24v tv or is planning to buy one in the near future. This way the replies from the collective will be more accurate.

bought avtex led 24v tv

deanbrownn:

peirre:
Can the OP clarify as I’m not sure IF the OP has a 24v tv or is planning to buy one in the near future. This way the replies from the collective will be more accurate.

bought avtex led 24v tv

Same as i have, mine just plugs into the 24v socket on the back wall of the Daf

Don’t see why you would run it through an inverter if it’s already 24v, as for the battery usage it would depend on how good the batteries are. Mine will be on for 5-6 hours with no issues.

It’s cheaper to buy a 19" TV, and a 300w inverter,

Just looked at the price of these avtex TVs and nearly choked, each to their own and all that but why would you pay that kind of money when a normal tv works.

Would a dropper 24 to 12 work as some of those small tv like Tesco etc sell are 12v with a transformers to plug in to 240v . If you look on some caravan or camper van forum they would of have a list of tv like that.

wrighty1:
Just looked at the price of these avtex TVs and nearly choked, each to their own and all that but why would you pay that kind of money when a normal tv works.

+1…I’ve never had any probs using a 240v tv through an inverter, twice as cheap and equally as effective as a 24v one.
As for the guy with the 70s aerial, if it works fine stick with it, I must have tried them all including the mag mount one illustrated.
I have the square power aerial that sticks on the mirror, at the moment (name escapes me) but it only works ok in certain areas, I need a long pole for better reception on it, but never got round to getting one.
Anyway if it’s a bad picture it’s a good excuse to walk down the pub. :smiley:

Odd days:
Would a dropper 24 to 12 work as some of those small tv like Tesco etc sell are 12v with a transformers to plug in to 240v . If you look on some caravan or camper van forum they would of have a list of tv like that.

Recent ads?

12v TV 24" on eBay for £130 but note…

“THE SOUND WILL NOT WORK ON A 24v TO 12v STEP DOWN CONVERTER - MAKE SURE THE SOURCE IS DIRECTLY 12v.”

Seems strange, but there you go…
ebay.co.uk/itm/24-12V-TV-LE … ition=1000

I used a 19" tv from aldi. It is actually 1 2v there is a transformer attached to the power cable.used a ciggie lighter cable off something else ,can’t remember what though ■■? Might have been a heated mug ?

wrighty1:
I’ve got a standard 24" smart TV which runs through an inverter and find a magnetic aerial is actually better than the moonraker that I used to have and cheaper.

I’ve got one of these. Worked fantastic on my old scania not so well now I’ve got a MAN (bloody stupid plastic roof).

dreamingofoz:

wrighty1:

I’ve got one of these. Worked fantastic on my old scania not so well now I’ve got a MAN (bloody stupid plastic roof).

dreamingofoz:

wrighty1:

could you keep that up all the time or take it down every night?