Professional driver not

Coming down M6 I see an artic approaching car in lane 1. He gets closer and closer and closer until he gets so close it’s dangerous, he signals and with 2 flashes moves out causing a car in lane 2 to have to brake hard in wet conditions. Mile or so on I overtake him and he’s got his phone in a holder in the windscreen with a film on.

Now I know Robroy and his merry men will he along to say how this is fine. Whether it’s to wind me up (which it doesn’t) or whether they actually think it’s ok I suspect sadly it’s about 50/50.

What is with the attitude of some drivers? Do they realise what they are behind the wheel of and what damage they can do?

Ok, But we all know it didn’t happen Rowls me old mate…now did it?
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Merry men agree btw. :wink:

Cue Jakey.

Please get a job that takes you further then the M6 to liven the stories up a bit.

mrginge:
Please get a job that takes you further then the M6 to liven the stories up a bit.

I know :neutral_face: …, He sees a hell of a lot of bad driving everyday in his 100 mile radius work don’t he :open_mouth:
Maybe he should change his route. :bulb:
:laughing:

robroy:

Cue Jakey.

Yes it definitely did happen Robbie.

robroy:

mrginge:

I know :neutral_face: …, He sees a hell of a lot of bad driving everyday in his 100 mile radius work don’t he :open_mouth:
Maybe he should change his route. :bulb:
:laughing:

I do. Maybe the M6 just attracts the worst

Oh and in case you weren’t aware the M6 runs from the midlands to Scotland so it’s a bit more than 100mile radius

Rowley010:
Coming down M6 I see an artic approaching car in lane 1. He gets closer and closer and closer until he gets so close it’s dangerous, he signals and with 2 flashes moves out causing a car in lane 2 to have to brake hard in wet conditions. Mile or so on I overtake him and he’s got his phone in a holder in the windscreen with a film on.

Now I know Robroy and his merry men will he along to say how this is fine. Whether it’s to wind me up (which it doesn’t) or whether they actually think it’s ok I suspect sadly it’s about 50/50.

What is with the attitude of some drivers? Do they realise what they are behind the wheel of and what damage they can do?

Your lying it was my ipad not phone and it wasnt in a holder. It was on the dashboard in its stand up sleeve. Beep beep out the way.

Rowley010:

robroy:

Cue Jakey.

But be honest, it REALLY didn’t did it. :unamused:
You’re just going through a list of every example of bad and irresponsible non professional type driving on this forum most days , and adding a made up scenario to illustrate it, saying you’ve ‘witnessed it this morning’ , and posting it, so you and Jakey can tell us ‘How standards have dropped’ and how we should all ‘do as we are told’ (as you invariably do yourself). and all the rest of the boring tedious crap you spout, in your supercillious way.

The ironic thing is you’ve only done the job for 5 minutes despite your famous ‘‘years of experience’’ and you are preaching to seasoned real experienced drivers who just take all this stuff in their stride on a daily basis :
It’s getting boring Rowls, change the record mate…or join the Police. :bulb: . :bulb:
Love Robbie. x

cgscott:

Rowley010:

Your lying it was my ipad not phone and it wasnt in a holder. It was on the dashboard in its stand up sleeve. Beep beep out the way.

Couldn’t have been you,he said a mile or two further he overtook you

None of know for sure whether it happened or not but I suspect it did and I witness the same frequently when driving in the UK. When we got back from Asia we visited a few friends before returning back to Holland.
After landing at the airport we boarded a coach (not a lorry but a so called professional) and proceded on our journey. It was a horrible day, wet and windy yet the driver was driving like a lunatic.
Some car drivers were being a little cautious (understandably) but this driver was tailgaiting any vehicle that was in his way. We even very closely followed an ambulance for a mile or two. He was leaving no room for error when changing lanes either suddenly swerving from lane to lane and sharply cutting back in.
When we arrived at our destination I asked our friends if the bus was on time. They said it was early. So why all the idiotic driving?
I could like Rowley go on about the numerous times I have been tailgated and seen bad driving by lorries in the UK but of course nobody would believe me because some seem to think they are all little angels. :laughing:

PS When driving my car I make progress but stick to the limits before I get accused of driving like a fanny. :wink:

Cue the abuse. :laughing:

Rowley010:

Wake up, for goodness sake wake up Rowley, you’re typing in your sleep again…

jakethesnake:
I could like Rowley go on…

Oh no, please do…it’s fascinating and relentlessly refreshing.

On the plus side, I’ve learned from your post that Elevenerife is in Asia, I always had it down as more European, many thanks.

robroy:

Rowley010:

robroy:

Cue Jakey.

But be honest, it REALLY didn’t did it. :unamused:
You’re just going through a list of every example of bad and irresponsible non professional type driving on this forum most days , and adding a made up scenario to illustrate it, saying you’ve ‘witnessed it this morning’ , and posting it, so you and Jakey can tell us ‘How standards have dropped’ and how we should all ‘do as we are told’ (as you invariably do yourself). and all the rest of the boring tedious crap you spout, in your supercillious way.

The ironic thing is you’ve only done the job for 5 minutes despite your famous ‘‘years of experience’’ and you are preaching to seasoned real experienced drivers who just take all this stuff in their stride on a daily basis :
It’s getting boring Rowls, change the record mate…or join the Police. :bulb: . :ide

a:
Love Robbie. x

Ive forgotten more than you know. I bet it was you that I saw last night. Why would I actually make it up anyway? Or is this one such a poor display or driving that you don’t believe it’s true? Or was it you?

Norfolkinclue1:

jakethesnake:

On the plus side, I’ve learned from your post that Elevenerife is in Asia, I always had it down as more European, many thanks.

Really, I have not a clue what you are on about. Please show me where I mentioned that place. Never even heard of it. :unamused:

Come on try and prove your point. I bet you can’t. :smiley:

jakethesnake:

Norfolkinclue1:

jakethesnake:

Really, I have not a clue what you are on about. Please show me where I mentioned that place. Never even heard of it. :unamused:
If that was an attempt at humour…give up. :unamused:

Come on try and prove your point. I bet you can’t. :smiley:

Waiting. :laughing:

I bet this guy watching a film whilst going down the road didn’t have a driver facing camera installed anyway. Now if I was his boss and he had a crash I’d be quite interested to know he was watching a film at the time and I’m sure the insurance company would as well. Just saying. Seeing it from the other side and all that.

Rowley010:
1.Ive forgotten more than you know.
2.I bet it was you that I saw last night.
3.Why would I actually make it up anyway?
4.Or is this one such a poor display or driving that you don’t believe it’s true?
5.Or was it you?

1…Yes you have in your ‘years of experience’ you mentioned…, what was I thinking. :neutral_face:
2. It wasn’t I’ve been off…but you made it up anyway.
3.Because you’re an attention seeker with fantasist issues.
4.I absolutely believe that stuff like this happens…, but see point no 3.
5.You’ve already asked that question…pay attention man.

Hope that answers your points :smiley: . :wink:

Rowley010:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
i wonder how professional a driver you would be when by your own admission you drive alongside another truck in your 44 ton mobile death on wheels killing machine juggernaut and can take your eyes off of the road in front of you long enough to not only see that another driver is looking at his phone,but long enough to actually see that its a film he is watching?
that must take a considerable time and consoderable distance to be overtaking him and over 50mph…carelass,reckless,dangerous without due care and attention■■?.
just as well you wernt in a truck with a in cab camera as if you had an accident at the time then you would have been caught bang to rights when they looked at the card after extracting it from the carnage…what on earth were you thinking or was it the drugs to blame for it?

Looking ahead, a glance in the mirrors, a glance across, looking ahead and so on.
Sounds like good observation to me. :wink: