Cheapest, quickest

Ignoring distance, what is the quickest, cheapest source of driver cpc?

Pub car park, brown envelope. Allegedly.

the maoster:

+1
and never see a classroom… :wink:

dieseldog999:

the maoster:

+1
and never see a classroom… :wink:

taps nose… :wink:

Last time I looked … JM Trucking (immingham) iirc around £30-£35 per module + upload fee, bring your own sandwiches and flask. They ran/run courses at immingham and Barnsley

Having a mate who is a CPC trainer :grimacing:

the maoster:

This ^^^^^^^ for quickest

around £30-£35 per module + upload fee

This ^^^^^^ for cheap

Can’t have both :imp:

I was sorely tempted to go down the dodgy route that Maoster mentioned this time to obtain this certification of dog ■■■■ :unamused: …, but was astounded when our lot said they would send me on a course…in works time AND with pay. :open_mouth:
So win win. : :sunglasses:

I can hear the resident snowflakes and ner do wrongs gasping and choking from here. :laughing: :laughing:

No gasping and choking here - Just an observation that in pretty much any other field of employment, it’s SOP for employers to provide legally required training for their employees at no cost, and also to pay them for their time while attending said training. Why is it different in Transport?

Roymondo:
No gasping and choking here - Just an observation that in pretty much any other field of employment, it’s SOP for employers to provide legally required training for their employees at no cost, and also to pay them for their time while attending said training. Why is it different in Transport?

Same as everything else in this crock of ■■■■ industry mate.

Another example off the top of my head…
How many more industries EXPECT you to work 15 hour days, 9 hours off (.not even 9 hours rest) then in again for another 15 shift…Then put in a kick of the arse off 80 hours, 2x the time as most other jobs :open_mouth: .
I’m not saying the facility ain’t there in other jobs, but the word ‘expected’ separates us from them.
So basically your point is just another example. :neutral_face:

There’s no quick about it 8hrs and 1 hour for dinner 9 hours for 5 days a week.
Nice if you can get it.
Or sit back and went for the card now that’s quick!

Jack-knife:
There’s no quick about it 8hrs and 1 hour for dinner 9 hours for 5 days a week.
Nice if you can get it.
Or sit back and went for the card now that’s quick!

Wasting your time there mate, a course has to have 7 hours contact time and (7 x 5 =35hrs) breaks on top to take it to 8 hrs.

No time wasted went for the brown envelope approach just amazed how quick the card arrived.
I now have 2 open to offers

robroy:

Roymondo:

Same as everything else in this crock of [zb] industry mate.

Another example off the top of my head…
How many more industries EXPECT you to work 15 hour days, 9 hours off (.not even 9 hours rest) then in again for another 15 shift…Then put in a kick of the arse off 80 hours, 2x the time as most other jobs :open_mouth: .
I’m not saying the facility ain’t there in other jobs, but the word ‘expected’ separates us from them.
So basically your point is just another example. :neutral_face:

I suspect (no, I’m certain) it’s more to do with “for profit” transport rather than transport itself. I don’t have your experience (only been doing the job 12 years or so) but I simply never do 15 hour days, nor am I expected to be off for less than 12 hours between shifts. It simply doesn’t happen. Likewise I have never been expected to do job-specific training in my own time. What’s my point? I dunno - It’s not that it’s remarkable that an employer should provide training (and pay the employees for doing it), rather it’s remarkable that an employee would be surprised to find his employer doing so.

Roymondo:

Most company’s pay for your cpc courses. The only difference is we don’t get paid for attending.
But no card = no job so don’t have much choice really

edd1974:

Roymondo:

Most company’s pay for your cpc courses. The only difference is we don’t get paid for attending.
But no card = no job so don’t have much choice really

As I said, I was amazed my lot paid me for doing mine as well as for the courses…very out of character for them. :open_mouth:
I was lucky because then they started doing them ’ in house’ on a Saturday, soon after.

Looking for the brown envelope type cpc any phone numbers anyone

^^^^^ five and a half years from joining to first post and then it’s asking for something illegal. I’ll get back to you June 2025.

Oh, it’ll be about 3pm.

Not sure if a public forum is the best method of asking for something dodgy, especially something that could result in possible epic repercussions such as this.
Reading some posts on here from some characters on this forum :unamused: , and judging how they may be in real life :neutral_face: … I don’t think I’d tell half of them where there was a bird’s nest, let alone having or asking them about a dodgy cpc card. :unamused:
Being streetwise and/or having a modicum of common sense leaves a lot to be desired on here sometimes. :unamused:

the maoster:
^^^^^ five and a half years from joining to first post and then it’s asking for something illegal. I’ll get back to you June 2025.

Oh, it’ll be about 3pm.

I take back what I’ve said in past about cpc being a waste of time.
I took your advice the other morning about how useful the dcpc is.
You’re right, the card DOES make an excellent windscreen ice scraper. :sunglasses: :laughing: