So, who else had a good week?

1. Still alive and well, no accidents or near misses
  2. No (significant) time spent stuck in traffic or closures
  3. Money for last week came in - biggest weekly pay I’ve had since I started driving - :happyface: (60 hours in 5 days)
  4. And a letter from HMRC informing me that I’m due a tax refund. These 2 nearly doubled the £££ in my bank account. Yeah, I’m not very rich yet…
  5. Got my first reply on indeed since I registered. Unfortunately it was a carpet bomb email from an agency inviting me to register with them. No, thanks.
  6. Managed to complete a 2nd week without smoking
  7. Due to do my 6th day (night) today so next week’s money is going to be :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: again

Hope I don’t die tonight after bragging so much :blush:

On a bad note - nearly a month since passing class 1 still haven’t got a single offer for that £45k/year job. Driver shortage my a££

Anyone else had a good week?

Yes I’ve been off work all week

ETS:

1. Still alive and well, no accidents or near misses
  2. No (significant) time spent stuck in traffic or closures
  3. Money for last week came in - biggest weekly pay I’ve had since I started driving - :happyface: (60 hours in 5 days)
  4. And a letter from HMRC informing me that I’m due a tax refund. These 2 nearly doubled the £££ in my bank account. Yeah, I’m not very rich yet…
  5. Got my first reply on indeed since I registered. Unfortunately it was a carpet bomb email from an agency inviting me to register with them. No, thanks.
  6. Managed to complete a 2nd week without smoking
  7. Due to do my 6th day (night) today so next week’s money is going to be :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: again

Hope I don’t die tonight after bragging so much :blush:

On a bad note - nearly a month since passing class 1 still haven’t got a single offer for that £45k/year job. Driver shortage my a££

Anyone else had a good week?

Just for the record, the 45k jobs are often overated and usually have more stress strings attached, be grateful for what you have and enjoy the now more… that’s the mantra I wished I’d figured out when I was young

You don’t believe in karma do you ? :confused:

Every week’s a good week. I’ve been retired 16 years! :smiley:

Foot down Friday turned into foook up Friday :cry:

toonsy:

Snap

Monday & Tuesday working from home.

Rest of the week has been spent at a theme park in Germany (Fantasialand).

So all in all, very good week.

fatboystu1:

toonsy:

Snap

Me too :smiley:

Had a bloody terrible week !!! first of all I eventually got my ride on lawn mower fixed after I dropped the carburetor and broke the anti run on solenoid on the base of the float bowl, bought a replacement carb … wrong one so order another, fixed it on along with a new cutter belt. Started it up and ran fine so decided to start cutting the grass but only got about 20 yard when the ■■■■■■ engine blew up … Had to go for a review of my medications which included a blood pressure level reading … up out of the bloody roof into dangerous levels, next was a COPD assessment which also needed a stronger medication … So not a good week at all and to top that lot I have been on leave and have to go back to work on the worst bloody ship I have ever known to manoeuvre come monday … oh and the grass I cut is not mine but owned by the council but they say they don’t have the money to do it !!

raymundo:
Had a bloody terrible week !!! first of all I eventually got my ride on lawn mower fixed after I dropped the carburetor and broke the anti run on solenoid on the base of the float bowl, bought a replacement carb … wrong one so order another, fixed it on along with a new cutter belt. Started it up and ran fine so decided to start cutting the grass but only got about 20 yard when the [zb] engine blew up … Had to go for a review of my medications which included a blood pressure level reading … up out of the bloody roof into dangerous levels, next was a COPD assessment which also needed a stronger medication … So not a good week at all and to top that lot I have been on leave and have to go back to work on the worst bloody ship I have ever known to manoeuvre come monday … oh and the grass I cut is not mine but owned by the council but they say they don’t have the money to do it !!

But apart from that . . . you’re still up and running?

dexxy57:
But apart from that . . . you’re still up and running?

Walking m8 slowly …

yup rather good week…actually enjoyed it!!! wash my mouth out :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: been getting 1000km a day load or tip ,725ish miles yesterday plus tip n load,one horendous scale to get on built for horse n cart old mechanical bar type ,old fkr says drivers only can get on …will get someone to do it if i cant walk away time for me or he wouldnt like my reply. only a month in new job but seems ok leave me to get on with it ,phone in when empty reload details within a few minutes and best of all any repairs /little things done without argument when back in on Friday morning. im seeing parts of rural north /south Dakota/MN that folk pay to see on holidays…Older motor with no emmisions (merc engine) cruise set 110km foot at 116km.and im still getting passed by the big dogs at 80mph plus. jimmy

Best of luck to you Jimbo , you must have run South before ? Me , week off and another to look forward to . It’s a hard life :wink:

Funny enough. The job I came over with was distance work but I only ever did 6 months in the USA side before I got the west Canada run . Must have been 10yrs since I drove a wagon south o the line before this job. The job as you would know gets me in to the real backwoods at farms and elevators the real USA 99%sre spot on and for the others well the maple syrup jokes fall flat when I say I’m Scottish lol

Duh coffee fingers! :blush:

Well had my car stolen yesterday with lots of personal gear in…and I have just now stood in a pile of vomit inducing dog mess wearing my favourite trainers …I actually think the shoes are beyond saving and are totally ruined…Im now in the perfect frame of mind to induce extreme violent retrobution…I’m was going to order a pizza delivery later, but if they should get it wrong the poor driver will be wearing it, so now not sure I should risk it for his sake…

rsg1234567:
Well had my car stolen yesterday with lots of personal gear in…and I have just now stood in a pile of vomit inducing dog mess wearing my favourite trainers …I actually think the shoes are beyond saving and are totally ruined…Im now in the perfect frame of mind to induce extreme violent retrobution…I’m was going to order a pizza delivery later, but if they should get it wrong the poor driver will be wearing it, so now not sure I should risk it for his sake…

Oh man, that ■■■■■ :cry: I can relate a bit as someone who’s had his car stolen although I didn’t have any valuables inside. Hopefully your insurance will cover it. At least you weren’t in your car as it was being stolen, like some poor sods. What’s with all the car thefts lately, I watched a vid a while ago where 2 or 3 apes with masks were trying to steal a Focus RS in broad daylight from a Royal Mail depot, with employees and members of the public standing around helplessly…

Here: birminghammail.co.uk/news/m … f-15550355

Steady away…really.
About 50 hours…earliest start time,0400.

Super early starts,next week though.
Them 3 short weeks on the bounce :sunglasses:

rsg1234567:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
it might be more satisfying just to complain?
youtube.com/watch?v=OV7SXmHq0Bk