So, who else had a good week?

dieseldog999:
youtube.com/watch?v=OV7SXmHq0Bk

Oh God… :unamused:

Mine was complete and utter crap.

Mon DCPC
Tue DCPC
Wed: Woke up, severe leg pain. Back been giving me a bit of jip for 4 months but just continued to work through it as I’ve had it on and off for last 25 years. Couldn’t even walk to car. By time I got back into house left leg completely numb and unable to move it. Off to A&E we go.
Thu: 8am arrive at neurosurgical ward, straight into surgery jumping the queue for an emergency spinal op. Grind down L3/L4 disc which had massive bulge and fish out the bit that had broken off it and grind down vertebrae to widen channel for spinal column. Whilst there grind out a bit more on the two vertebrae below that I’d had operated on 25 years previously.
Fri: On my feet, discharged from hospital, everything is sore.
Ditto Saturday and Sunday.

Next 6-8 weeks sat at home contemplating future.

Conor:
Mine was complete and utter crap.

Mon DCPC
Tue DCPC
Wed: Woke up, severe leg pain. Back been giving me a bit of jip for 4 months but just continued to work through it as I’ve had it on and off for last 25 years. Couldn’t even walk to car. By time I got back into house left leg completely numb and unable to move it. Off to A&E we go.
Thu: 8am arrive at neurosurgical ward, straight into surgery jumping the queue for an emergency spinal op. Grind down L3/L4 disc which had massive bulge and fish out the bit that had broken off it and grind down vertebrae to widen channel for spinal column. Whilst there grind out a bit more on the two vertebrae below that I’d had operated on 25 years previously.
Fri: On my feet, discharged from hospital, everything is sore.
Ditto Saturday and Sunday.

Next 6-8 weeks sat at home contemplating future.

Will Howdens be able to cope with the loss of #1 driver? If anyone has any shares sell them first thing because they’ll flop tomorrow when the gravity of the situation arises!

In all seriousness, banter aside, get well soon and dont rush back into anything. You only get one back so take what it needs to get back up and running.

toonsy:
Will Howdens be able to cope with the loss of #1 driver? If anyone has any shares sell them first thing because they’ll flop tomorrow when the gravity of the situation arises!

In all seriousness, banter aside, get well soon and dont rush back into anything. You only get one back so take what it needs to get back up and running.

I’ve known this day would likely be coming for a while so I’ve been putting a bit aside every month for ages so I don’t need to rush back. Typical I’d just done last two DCPC modules too and it didn’t show any sign of any issues at all on Monday and Tuesday. Tell you what though its amazing how much things have come on medical wise. 10 minutes after being back on the ward after the op I’m on my feet walking up and down the ward and physio checking if I can climb a set of stairs, a point that took me 2 weeks to reach in 1994 which was the last time I had the same op.

Told wife she might have to go back to work :laughing:

■■■■ , 5 days tramping , 2 days cpc , 5 days tramping , I day cpc , 1 rest day , 2 days cpc , 3 days tramping , ZB joke , if you pay for cpc you can go for 3 weeks with one rest day !!!

dozy:
[zb] , 5 days tramping , 2 days cpc , 5 days tramping , I day cpc , 1 rest day , 2 days cpc , 3 days tramping , ZB joke , if you pay for cpc you can go for 3 weeks with one rest day !!!

Now then dozy… It’s only true and proper ZB if it’s poorly organised. :wink:

As an idea, you could have done one module per year (and have lots of choices) without too much impact on the rest of your life.

Contrast that with somebody who leaves it all until virtually the last minute, then struggles to juggle it all with work commitments and family life.

There are choices!!

dieseldave:

dozy:
[zb] , 5 days tramping , 2 days cpc , 5 days tramping , I day cpc , 1 rest day , 2 days cpc , 3 days tramping , ZB joke , if you pay for cpc you can go for 3 weeks with one rest day !!!

As an idea, you could have done one module per year (and have lots of choices) without too much impact on the rest of your life.

Contrast that with somebody who leaves it all until virtually the last minute, then struggles to juggle it all with work commitments and family life.

There are choices!!

Yes but Dave I’d have nothing to
Moan about then , and I did moan ,
Apparently there’s the door & it’s not
Locked !! , what a attitude from a driver
Trainer !!!

dozy:

dieseldave:

dozy:

There are choices!!

Yes but Dave I’d have nothing to
Moan about then , and I did moan ,
Apparently there’s the door & it’s not
Locked !! , what a attitude from a driver Trainer !!!

Hi dozy,

I think we all have a moan at some point, so I’m afraid that you can’t have a monopoly on moaning.

As for the suggestion I gave you, it’s just one idea for not crashing against a brick wall every 5 years.

Having said that, I need one more module to complete my own dcpc, so I’ve no room to talk!! :blush: :blush:

Had a mint week.

Younger daughter delivered my first grandchild the week before, so after giving them all a few days to get settled back at home, headed down South of the border and spent a couple of days there with them.
Came back up on Thursday and checked into Hospital for a hip replacement that I’ve been needng for far to long. Got it done on Friday morning, went like a dream and I got home on Sunday. Did nearly a mile on the crutches earlier and will try to do more later. Hope to be back on the road beginning of November, if not before.
Got the truck parked and all the work subbed out. Still leaves me with a modest income

Very happy old driver, but then, I always try to be.