Blacklist

h

I’ve never suspected a blacklist as such. What I do believe though is that hauliers talk to each other because of relationships spanning many many years so therefore if a driver is in any way problematic I imagine as a courtesy they’ll get in touch with the hauliers that they know and warn them off this individual.

My understanding is…

That De Poel (or what ever they may be called now if they even trade) keep a list of drivers who’ve been on the naughty step.

%

I couldn’t put my finger on why I
Never hear anything after applying
For jobs , question answered
Though certainly there loss not
Mine

%

Maybe just simple deduction.Can you think of any reason why anyone would have put you on one and does the real world evidence then confirm your suspicions that you have been.It it looks like a duck,quack’s like a duck and flies like a duck it’s probably a duck.On that note yes I do believe that there are all sorts of blacklists applying to and between numerous trades.

All also facilitated by questions being allowed by employers such as checkable work history/references,reasons for leaving last job,educational history etc etc.Assuming none of that history involves criminality and convictions,which can be specifically asked,then it should remain private and off limits to ask about it or check on it.

If you think that such a list exists then it’s probably because you’ve done plenty to belong on one, and now your reputation is preceding you

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

list or not, I have known drivers that disgrace themselves and yet simply move on regardless and seem to find an endless supply of work in companies that are very friendly on the face of it yet all take on these people, I do not know if it is because they will bend the rules in some way but it is infuriating how much damage and destruction they leave behind and the regular hard working staff have to put up with the fallout of damaged vehicles, angry customers that they have nurtured for some time to make some more difficult drops easier, one that springs to mind was a regular delivery into an aircraft builder where we had up to 7 drops around the works and in the end the drivers would drop the items carry on around the plant and then do the tour again to collect the signed paperwork as the gents on the delivery docks had had time to check the items, in two weeks that was all gone as the driver had upset all of the receiving areas and any driver had to wait until every item was checked before he could make the next drop, this spread the journey into three days instead of the one with the resulting department heads demanding why the deliveries were late, it took three months of sending a lorry and two vans to the site on the same day so all the items were received on time, this was bad enough for us as a company and it was all in house transport even if the juggling of staff was a nightmare, but what if it was a small haulier, some may not have been able to absorb the added costs that could not be forwarded to the customer,

Darkspirit:

the maoster:
I’ve never suspected a blacklist as such. What I do believe though is that hauliers talk to each other because of relationships spanning many many years so therefore if a driver is in any way problematic I imagine as a courtesy they’ll get in touch with the hauliers that they know and warn them off this individual.

A blacklist by any other name,it’s what i’ve always suspected.

No, you’ve got the wrong end of the stick. What moaster is referring to, is reputable hauliers, talking to each other. There is no blacklist, as proven by the large no of companies who will take on anybody, Any driver who cant find a job, has only themselves to blame.

Darkspirit:

dozy:
I couldn’t put my finger on why I
Never hear anything after applying
For jobs , question answered
Though certainly there loss not
Mine

Have you tried a fake identity and applying for jobs out of area just to test the water.

No , I just went for devil you know , and ■■■■
The rest of them

%

Darkspirit:

the maoster:

There’s no national “blacklist” as such, i.e. a database with names on it. As mentioned, De Poel do keep a list of drivers considered to be of questionable ability, integrity etc but this is only used by agencies as far as I’m aware. Obviously if a driver has a poor performance record then word will get around but that isn’t exactly a “blacklist”, more “word on the street”.

%

the nodding donkey:

Darkspirit:

the maoster:

No, you’ve got the wrong end of the stick. What moaster is referring to, is reputable hauliers, talking to each other. There is no blacklist, as proven by the large no of companies who will take on anybody, Any driver who cant find a job, has only themselves to blame.

Would that be something like drivers talking to each other or, I dont know, asking questions on a forum about a potential employer.

If you think people talking to each other means there is a blacklist of drivers, then you must be blacklisting hauliers.

There is no blacklist.

%

Darkspirit:
I haven’t got the wrong end of any stick,if a haulage company contacts other companies to warn about another driver and potentially harm their employment chances that’s blacklisting,you’re making the assumption the driver is to blame,believe it or not workplace harassment and bullying from management does exist,but after 30 years in the business i should know that drivers won’t support each other but go to any lengths to discredit one another.

If that happens then its likely because you’re completely crap, wreck loads and/or vehicles, have accidents on a regular basis, maybe even steal fuel or goods and the industry would be well shot of you.

%

If there is a list or employers talk to each other about us then neither system works cos I’ve never had a problem getting, keeping or moving on from a job!

Darkspirit:
after 30 years in the business i should know that drivers won’t support each other but go to any lengths to discredit one another.

To be fair that accusation applies to the working class in general since it swallowed Thatcher’s rhetoric hook line and sinker.With the Union movement submitting to the examples which I gave,of what is effectively employees being instructed to implicate their own employment chances and record,in the form of acceptance of unreasonable questions on employment recruitment forms.Having said that there is no possible solution to the possibility of any employer consulting with others in private regarding the ‘volunteering’ of ‘references’ even if actually ‘requesting’ them was rightly outlawed.