old police car

i saw a 06 plate volvo estate traffic police car today,it was in that navy /yellow colour that they were back then .i was behind it for a mile or so,2 cops were in it .Anyhow It then pulled into a vosa stop in Felixstowe where several modern cop cars and a raft of vans that had been pulled up were going thru the checking routine.Also up at the redundant police station in town [thats been sold off a while back] the car park was full of ordinary cars and a notice out on the pavement "police training day " it all looked odd . Why would old bill retain in the fleet such an old traffic car ?

Just a guess.
But I’d say they probably have a fleet of old cars going right back to the blue and white pandas.
Maybe there’s a museum ?
And they probably rent them out to tv programs/films.
It’s all nostalgia part of there history.
And probably always in demand

my gut feeling its used in some kind of sting,undercover cop , same as these white merc trucks on the A14. over the years iv chanced on the undercover building in middle of nowhere they use as a shooting range and also the warehouse where they store stolen/seized vehicles , maybe this car is stored there why it came out today is anyones guess

You never know mate, you may find the answer to the web of undercover police stings here on a truckers forum.

corij:
over the years iv chanced on the undercover building in middle of nowhere they use as a shooting range

By “undercover building” do you just mean a building that hasn’t got a sign on it saying “caution, police firing range”?

I know Port Authority police vehicles are the oldest of all police vehicles are they barely do the mileage that warrants them being changed as often. Could belong to them

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

the maoster:

corij:
over the years iv chanced on the undercover building in middle of nowhere they use as a shooting range

By “undercover building” do you just mean a building that hasn’t got a sign on it saying “caution, police firing range”?

its a big old nissan hut, just off a small country lane. i just happened to be passing once as cops were taking their guns out the boot of unmarked cars and going in the door. from then on every now and then when i was passing id see plain unmarked quite new cars parked there and its only my guess its a shooting range or possibly not maybe a gun/ammo store. it looked just like a decrepit farmers store building never give it a 2nd look only the cars ,big mondeos or similar give the game away
the warehouse where they keep stolen cars and what not is on the middle of an army camp

Might be properly armoured with bulletproof glass due to the cost of kitting them out as such they keep them on fleet for a long time. Strathclyde only recently retired a 1995 M reg Range Rover that was similarly kitted out.
Don’t think they use them much as the extra weight makes them hopeless in a pursuit.

corij:

the maoster:

corij:

its a big old nissan hut, just off a small country lane. i just happened to be passing once as cops were taking their guns out the boot of unmarked cars and going in the door. from then on every now and then when i was passing id see plain unmarked quite new cars parked there and its only my guess its a shooting range or possibly not maybe a gun/ammo store. it looked just like a decrepit farmers store building never give it a 2nd look only the cars ,big mondeos or similar give the game away
the warehouse where they keep stolen cars and what not is on the middle of an army camp

I’m not sure the feds would stash a load of ammo where anyone could just stumble across it. I’d imagine it would cause quite the stir if that was the case.

Ammo dumps are unsurprisingly quite secure and normally a bit bigger than just a hut. The one at Longtown in ■■■■■■■ is huge.

Someone saud port police. That would be my guess. Fits your description of working with cops/DVSA plus as mentioned they tend to have the hand me downs.

corij:
i saw a 06 plate volvo estate traffic police car today,it was in that navy /yellow colour that they were back then .

Blimey now I know I’m getting old. :open_mouth: That’s what I call an old police car.

flickr.com/photos/45676495@N05/32419205222

I’m with you CF, I knew before I clicked on the link it would be a Wolseley 6 or an Austin Westminster.

Only a possibility it could be British Transport Police vehicle

the maoster:

corij:

I think he means it got a tarp over it

Carryfast:

corij:
i saw a 06 plate volvo estate traffic police car today,it was in that navy /yellow colour that they were back then .

Blimey now I know I’m getting old. :open_mouth: That’s what I call an old police car.

flickr.com/photos/45676495@N05/32419205222

Bah Humbug! That’s modern, this is my old Police car.

My brother sold Blunderside Police several Volvo cars in the 90’s. When I say sold I mean supplied.

They took T5 traffic cars and T4 saloons as armed response vehicles, they had lockable storage under the rear seats for guns and ammunition, plain colours with blue lights buried in the grille.

They may still be around, not the T5 because the plod crashed those fairly regularly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In the centre of London you will be surprised sometimes by the cars that suddenly have blue lights in the grille.

that’s a beauty biffo. what model is it ?..

m.a.n rules:

1938 Wolseley 12/48, i believe that Northamptonshire police had it at one point. It’s just cost me an arm and a leg to get it resprayed.

mrginge:
In the centre of London you will be surprised sometimes by the cars that suddenly have blue lights in the grille.

I have noticed that in London and other places.plain bog standard cars. With lights in the grille. And at times when you see the car I sometimes wonder if there genuine police . Or jo blogs who’s fitted lights In his grille .
As you see blue lights behind you obviously your Gona pull over.
Then as they pass and you look I think mmm you.dont look .like the police

The real Biffo:

m.a.n rules:

1938 Wolseley 12/48, i believe that Northamptonshire police had it at one point. It’s just cost me an arm and a leg to get it resprayed.

ta for that, I see it’s got suicide doors all round. has it got the bell on it like the police cars in the old ealing films…