20 yr old drugged up HGV driver closed the M65 the other day

[https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/[/url]

](Drug-drive arrest of M65 'wrong way' trucker | Lancashire Telegraph)

Heard of this on the Radio, bloody idiot!

A 20 year old?? Was he a young driver apprentice, or had he stolen the Truck?

We need tnuk/CSI on the case.

Try and keep up Griffin. The young un’s have been allowed to drive hgv’s for quite a while now. Still scares me as this has proved though some more mature drivers scare me as well!

Young driver’s scheme eh, hows that working out so far?

Juddian:

same as the dcpc absolutely perfect :unamused: :laughing:

When importing cheap labour goes wrong.

Delivering another winner?

M65 near junction 5.JPGWitnesses saw the lorry travel the wrong way up the eastbound carriageway – luckily missing oncoming traffic – before crashing through the barrier and ending up in a field on the westbound side.

185606432.jpg.gallery.jpgHighways England said around 100 metres of central reservation barrier was demolished.
Heavy recovery equipment was required to pull the lorry from down the embankment…

Sadly in my experience drivers on drink & drugs ain’t a rare issue…
In fact the whole drug taking in society as a whole is way way out of hand,

yorkshire terrier:
Sadly in my experience drivers on drink & drugs ain’t a rare issue…
In fact the whole drug taking in society as a whole is way way out of hand,

I used to work at a truck main dealer and the stuff the drivers just left in the cab for all to see was unreal!

Juddian:

Probably no worse than most of the more mature morons driving now

Juddian:

Yup because no one over 25 has ever crashed through drink and drugs. :unamused:

moomooland:
Witnesses saw the lorry travel the wrong way up the eastbound carriageway…

Was Phillip Floppe driving?

switchlogic:

Juddian:

Yup because no one over 25 has ever crashed through drink and drugs. :unamused:

+1

This has got ZERO to do with being young

Will the man who took a chance on the young driver take a chance on another new pass?

alamcculloch:
Will the man who took a chance on the young driver take a chance on another new pass?

Yes, because if he’s got half a brain he will know the drugs and therefore the crash is totally unrelated to him being young and a new pass. He could start a new policy that he will only take on drivers over 50 years old with 20 years experience, any one of which could potentially turn up to drive a drink ■■■■■■ up or on drugs.

alamcculloch:

Probably not. In his shoes, I wouldn’t because although yes it can happen to a driver whatever age, mistakes and drug taking, it will naturally be in the back of your mind. However, experience counts for a lot in any job, and at 20 you have very little experience.

The reason young drivers are more expensive to insure is the fact that they are more likely to have an accident. I’ve taken on three under 25s, but would I have 100% under 25s? No chance. The younger ones learn a lot from crewing with the older drivers.

alamcculloch:

As opposed to the hundreds of overs 30/ 40/50s hgv drivers over the years that have been done for drink driving…
Amazing how the older folk jump at every opportunity to put down the younger generation for trying to get on in life…
Personally I think it says more about the older folk,maybe they have insecurities about younger guys coming in and being better at the job than they are so the natural reaction is to try and stifle them so the older generations don’t get found out that actually this job ain’t all that difficult after all!!

Obviously not all older folk express this hatred towards the young,Some actively encourage younger folk and are happy that they are given a chance.

albion:

alamcculloch:

Probably not. In his shoes, I wouldn’t because although yes it can happen to a driver whatever age, mistakes and drug taking, it will naturally be in the back of your mind. However, experience counts for a lot in any job, and at 20 you have very little experience.

The reason young drivers are more expensive to insure is the fact that they are more likely to have an accident. I’ve taken on three under 25s, but would I have 100% under 25s? No chance. The younger ones learn a lot from crewing with the older drivers.

This is getting off topic. This crash was still zero to do with age or inexperience.