The oldest yard/workshop shunter unit

My old firm still runs a W-plate (18 year old) Scania 114 340 day cab tractor unit for shunting trailers to and from the workshop, and also to the MOT test station, and occasionally the tank wash. Before that, we had a 51-plate ERF ECX.

Can anybody beat that?

BT fleet at Lutterworth have a 91 J reg DAF xf still in BT grey

We’ve got a couple of ERF Olympic’s that do yard duties these days, no idea how old they are because the number plates just say SHUNT 1 & SHUNT 2…

blue estate:
BT fleet at Lutterworth have a 91 J reg DAF xf still in BT grey

BT at Northallerton still run a 05-plate DAF LF 18-tonner!

Jupiter fruits in Newport Salop run a 53 TGM as yard shunter , up to recently our trailer repair guys ran an S reg Volvo but its been replaced by a Terburg

One of my actual working lorries is an S reg, so 1998.
Still works, so why replace it.
Our “newest” lorry is a 2008.

109LWB:

If you go to them LEZ zones :imp: :imp: :imp: If not then keep her running , no Adblue costs or tacho downloads to do :smiley:

We still have some XF 95’s that are used for shunting. We also have an F10 and F12 that the boss is planning to restore at some point. There is also a 51 plate FM7.

2008 turdberg tug so not that old but still 10 years old.

1995 DAF, which has MOT so does go on the road in emergency’s. At a previous job it was a 1986 Scania.

Our yard shunter is an S reg Volvo FM so 1998, making it 20 years old

Plenty on the other forum with pics……….

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=50204&hilit=yard+shunters

blue estate:

109LWB:

If you go to them LEZ zones :imp: :imp: :imp: If not then keep her running , no Adblue costs or tacho downloads to do :smiley:

Thankfully London is on our not a chance in hell list of places to go.

Regular on the Caen boats are a ‘T’ plate FH12 and ‘Y’ plate Scania.
And they are both on the correct age plates, not personalised ones. Both are owner drivers.
I understand the Volvo is being sold soon.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

I was at a cold store that was using a really old ERF. Don’t know the year but it had the curved front. Looked ancient

Asfordby Storage in Melton Mowbray have 2 or 3 Volvo FL10 shunters

Arthurhucksake:
We’ve got a couple of ERF Olympic’s that do yard duties these days, no idea how old they are because the number plates just say SHUNT 1 & SHUNT 2…

Ivedriven a couple ofOlympicsyearsago, with theEaton twin splittergearbox

I believe that The Thing (as we call it) we use as a shunter is an old EC series ERF (about '92 vintage)… but, on the grounds that it’s now got no cab left, I could be wrong.

:smiley: :smiley:

In the yard i run out of its a K plate erf and 4 volvo FL10s and not in to bad of condition.