Anyone for a pint

robroy:

the nodding donkey:
Would those self righteous commentators please explain how they would ‘strap down’ a load of canned beer with the equipment routinely available to you?

Thing is ND we all know that in the ‘‘Real world’’ you can run with no probs (as we always used to) with just a cross strap binding in the back 2 pallets…assuming of course that you don’t drive like a complete ■■■■,whit, teararsing round bends and roundabouts and generally driving your truck as you would a car. :unamused:
However this is the transport world where textbook theory is King,. :bulb:
So …that combined with the dicks who have managed to blag a Class 1 :unamused: who shoot their loads (oooh matron :laughing: ) all over the countryside, we now have to strap every [zb] thing nowadays.

If he had used every facility available to him, such as internals, (which ok aint 100% ideal) he would have done everything he could to secure his load, and the Old Bill would may have taken a more lenient view.

To answer your question, internals on every pallet (preferably crossed) with 2 empty pallets on arse end (stood up vertically) with a ratchet strap through centre ‘pulling them’ towards front of trailer…but you already know that. :smiley:

Spot on mate. As always, the clowns spoil it for the rest.

That said, I’m not gonna make judgements on an incident I know nothing about. The man is injured, possibly very seriously, and nobody with any scruples would take any pleasure in hearing that about somebody who was doing their job, badly or not.

I wonder how many more rules they can come up with, surely they’ve all been invented now. Haven’t they? :open_mouth: