Mark Thompson Doncaster

Anybody work out of Doncaster for Mark Thompson?

No, but if anyone does I’d love to know who calibrates the tacho and speed limiter. No matter what truck I’m driving Mark Thompson comes flying past, not just gradually, but flying past when I’m on the limiter. Normally pulling a Hermes trailer.

DickyNick:
when I’m on the litter.

Are you a cat?

Its in the rules that you have to drive like a bellend if you work for that company.

DickyNick:
No, but if anyone does I’d love to know who calibrates the tacho and speed limiter. No matter what truck I’m driving Mark Thompson comes flying past, not just gradually, but flying past when I’m on the limiter. Normally pulling a Hermes trailer.

Same can be said for Lomas…!

Conor:
Its in the rules that you have to drive like a bellend if you work for that company.

Strange that Eager Beaver didn’t fit in, he meets most of the criteria.

The OP needs to be a little more specific regarding which contract in Doncaster he’s asking about. There’s a dozen or so MT tractor units parked in the Atlas driver training yard on Carr hill that pull trailers out of the Victoria Plumb warehouse around the corner next to the Morrisons supermarket, the the majority are EE drivers who live in those trucks 24/7/365 and there’s a turdis stuck in the corner of the atlas yard for when the drivers weekend in the truck. Generally the EE drivers fly in with a suitcase, taxi to the yard and spend the next couple of months running out of there before returning home

The interesting fact about the above haulier is the new vehicle fleet replacement programme.On there website there is every make of tractor unit mostly with full power engines.Now it is part of Kinaxia Ltd they have just taken delivery of 18 MAN 460 t/units out of an order for 50.

del trotter:

Conor:

Strange that Eager Beaver didn’t fit in, he meets most of the criteria.

Ouch :open_mouth: that was a bit harsh put your handbag away :laughing:

peirre:
The OP needs to be a little more specific regarding which contract in Doncaster he’s asking about. There’s a dozen or so MT tractor units parked in the Atlas driver training yard on Carr hill that pull trailers out of the Victoria Plumb warehouse around the corner next to the Morrisons supermarket, the the majority are EE drivers who live in those trucks 24/7/365 and there’s a turdis stuck in the corner of the atlas yard for when the drivers weekend in the truck. Generally the EE drivers fly in with a suitcase, taxi to the yard and spend the next couple of months running out of there before returning home

Do they have units based anywhere else in Doncaster other than Atlas yard?

Wildy:

peirre:

Do they have units based anywhere else in Doncaster other than Atlas yard?

They have a few in that yard next to Amazon 3 as you queue to get in on the left…can`t remember the customer :unamused:

Stanley Mitchell:
They have a few in that yard next to Amazon 3 as you queue to get in on the left…can`t remember the customer :unamused:

I keep seeing a few of theirs parked nearby on the road that runs through the nearby housing estate

Gardner6LYT:
The interesting fact about the above haulier is the new vehicle fleet replacement programme.On there website there is every make of tractor unit mostly with full power engines.Now it is part of Kinaxia Ltd they have just taken delivery of 18 MAN 460 t/units out of an order for 50.

I used to deliver to Victoria plumb which is when I first noticed them and they did indeed have blinged up V8 scanias. I notice now they have realised they’re unnecessarily extravagant and now have normal fleet spec motors [emoji57]

peirre:

Stanley Mitchell:

I keep seeing a few of theirs parked nearby on the road that runs through the nearby housing estate

Which then goes into Rossington where my mate lives. There’s quite often one or two EE trucks parked there all weekend.
I have noticed there a few of their trucks parked up in a yard next to the castleford split off the M62. I can’t remember who’s yard it is though [emoji17]

I see two of their units and Hermes trailers doing changeovers on Thurs/ Fri/ Sat nights in ■■■■■■■■■■■ . No idea where they have come from or where they are going but it could be one place you end up going with them .

DickyNick:

The ones who run about up here must have their limiters set normally. No issues passing them.

DickyNick:

I hear this a lot and I haven’t once had a problem passing them. In fact I pass them just as fast as anything else.

I’ve not been on the road now for a while but I do seem to remember they did stand out as having many many idiots at the wheel.
Never forget the day two of them in line tried to go for an overtake on the last bit of the A66 into Workington, and by last bit I mean the section after the eastbound dual, the section as you go under the little bridge past the lay by that the scamera van likes to sit in, on the way down to the school roundabout, I was running a very healthy limiter too, it was bad enough that the lead driver even went for it, but his mate was up his chuff hoping for the best, needless to say they aborted :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :unamused:

Conor:

This.Apparently they train you to be an ignorant bellend, if you aren’t already one.

TheUncaringCowboy:

DickyNick:

I hear this a lot and I haven’t once had a problem passing them. In fact I pass them just as fast as anything else.

Either way, you see a MT unit in your mirror and there is good chance they are going to be driving like a bellend.