Self appointed traffic marshalls

I ■■■■ hate em.
Sat passenger in car, wife driving A66 Temple Sowerby by pass traffic W/bound, running slow because Mr Head who drives for Strachan Haulage in his artic decides to sit in lane 2 a good mile and a half before the 2 way traffic lanes merge off the d.c… :open_mouth: :unamused: :imp:

No wonder car drivers hate truckers, I’m one myself and even I hate em. :smiling_imp:

If I was a copper I’d do the ■■■■ for holding up the flow of traffic, …zip merge/merge in turn ffs, it aint your job to control the traffic, if you want to do that then join the ■■■■ Police. :bulb:
I want to get home, sod it seat back go to sleep.

Fully understand your point, but if that that lorry was on the inside the driver knows that all the cars that pass him will end up cutting in further up and delaying him even more, not defending it at all and I never did it.
But zip merging doesn’t seem to work in this country, there’s always some muppet trying to cut in at the very last second.

GORDON 50:
Fully understand your point, but if that that lorry was on the inside the driver knows that all the cars that pass him will end up cutting in further up and delaying him even more, not defending it at all and I never did it.
But zip merging doesn’t seem to work in this country, there’s always some muppet trying to cut in at the very last second.

If he was that bothered stay in lane 2 and zip merge himself then!
I fully understand WHY they do it, my point is it aint their job to do it. :bulb:
And a good 1 and a half miles?.. :open_mouth:
I mean, c’mon. :neutral_face:

Bad day in the office.

biggriffin:
Bad day in the office.

Nah…just in back seat driver/grumpy old get mode mate, and I wanna get home. :laughing:

GORDON 50:

Err zip merging is cutting in at the very last second…

Unfortunately lots of people who don’t understand it is supposed to be zip merging don’t let those in the other lane merge in turn because they feel those people who have correctly used the road have queue jumped.

Mr Head should be driving for his brother Patrick and not be a lorry driver

at times like that i often wish my nickname down the pub was " big ■■■■■■ mad mental nutjob killer dave" or similar so that in the position you find yourself sometimes then what happens is that you eventually get past the prick,slow him gently down to a halt,drag him out,and kick his teeth down his throat followed by removing his keys and flinging them into a field or whatever,this reducing your stress levels to a somewhat more tolerable level.
unfortunately for me im a ■■■■■ most of the time,but on the bright side,ive never been arrested for attempted murder. :slight_smile:

The absolute worst kind of scum are the truck drivers who plonk their trucks in the outside lane to prevent cars getting past. Not interested in the excuses, there are none. We’re not allowed in that lane, ■■■■ it up and deal with it.

If in a queue in the chipper or shop or whatever and someone jumps past me I politely remind them to wait their turn. Call me a self appointed queue marshall if you wish but I don’t deem them to be superior or have any right to waste more of my time in order to save some of theirs.

So without being antagonistic but to contribute to the discussion …In the traffic situation described above the drivers that see the queue has started but rather than merge they believe they should skip the queue now add significantly to the delay for themselves as well as everyone else.

The result is the whole lot comes to a complete stop up front to let them merge at the last moment from standing traffic and the resulting speed through the bottleneck is less than 10 mph.

Had the VIP’s merged at the back of the queue the speed through the bottleneck is usually 30-50 mph meaning minimum delay for all.

Zip merging should always be done with rolling traffic even if you have to start 10 miles back and the roll should not be allowed to stop for anyone that marooned themselves in the closed lane.

Seen it done right in a lot of forign countries, works great but you do need educated drivers that know the deal.

^^^^^^^^
But it aint the same is it ? :unamused:
You’ve seen queues where there are 2 simultaneous queues for the same guy serving his chips, he’ll then shout ‘‘Who’s next’’ and you guess what…people zip merge.
So then some big 2at jumps in the right hand queue and ■■■■ s up the entire situation by stopping you in the right hand queue from moving forward…or am I reading too much into it. :smiley:

It’s the same situation in the roadworks where the M6 s/b joins the M5, it clearly says traffic use both lanes, and you get to within 400 yds or so of the merge and it says ‘‘Merge in turn’’, so Captain ■■■■ Traffic in his artic ■■■■’s up the whole situation by blocking a lane off for half a mile. :smiling_imp:
So if I run down the inside lane it aint my fault that people would rather sit stationary in lane 2 than keep the traffic flowing ■■■■ em, that’s up to them, so I just legally run down lane 1 ignore the abuse, and follow the intended procedure.

On the other hand if I think about it (at the risk of self contradiction) don’t give a flying ■■■■ if faster moving traffic get to the end of the line before me, as I aint one for teararsing about, but if I did mind …It aint my ■■■■ job to try and prevent it, and that’s the point I’m trying to make here. :bulb: :bulb:
And if I’m in a minority in this way of thinking I couldn’t really give a flying Donald tbh…

The best bloke I ever worked with once told me that you have to treat lorry drivers like children, & how good has that advice served me over the years.

I’m assuming that you are all grown up, that your brains have fully developed & you are all no longer slaves to the influence of your parents & your hormones.

Listen up folks, read it & weep. The majority of the human race learn’t these rules in the playground.

To my eternal shame when I was in my twenties I used to be “that” guy! I was the one sat in lane two blocking the traffic in order to stop the queue jumpers. When limiters came in I was the nougat who’d overtake anything a fraction of a mph slower than me regardless of the chaos behind me, I’d knock it into neutral on a downhill section in my desperation to get past, id outbrake other lorries on approach to roundabouts just to eke out a little advantage. In short I was a complete ■■■■■

My road to Damascus moment came on a trip to Scotland where I had time to kill and so set the cruise at 86kph instead of the usual 90 with my foot on the accelerator just in case I’d missed a bit! What a revelation that trip was; no more anger, frustration and road rage.

I like to think that that epiphany was the moment I actually matured as a driver, now I just shrug and contend myself with the fact that I earn more than the teararses for doing the same job.

This is like an AA meeting where I’ve just unburdened myself. :smiley: :smiley:

the maoster:
To my eternal shame when I was in my twenties I used to be “that” guy! I was the one sat in lane two blocking the traffic in order to stop the queue jumpers. When limiters came in I was the nougat who’d overtake anything a fraction of a mph slower than me regardless of the chaos behind me, I’d knock it into neutral on a downhill section in my desperation to get past, id outbrake other lorries on approach to roundabouts just to eke out a little advantage. In short I was a complete [zb]!

My road to Damascus moment came on a trip to Scotland where I had time to kill and so set the cruise at 86kph instead of the usual 90 with my foot on the accelerator just in case I’d missed a bit! What a revelation that trip was; no more anger, frustration and road rage.

I like to think that that epiphany was the moment I actually matured as a driver, now I just shrug and contend myself with the fact that I earn more than the teararses for doing the same job.

This is like an AA meeting where I’ve just unburdened myself. :smiley: :smiley:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Rob, this is two full on rants in a few days :frowning:
I like to think I can usually rely on you to tell it like it should be told but always with that wry smile of experience to go with it.
Have you had too much time off or something :grimacing:

Norfolkinclue1:
Rob, this is two full on rants in a few days :frowning:
I like to think I can usually rely on you to tell it like it should be told but always with that wry smile of experience to go with it.
Have you had too much time off or something :grimacing:

I just enjoy being miserable now and again. :smiley:

Glad I am not the only one that notices these poor drivers that think they can do what they want.Really makes my blood boil when you see the poor standard of some drivers especially when they cause problems for others who are doing nothing wrong.

Near where I live there’s an island being altered and on the approach it’s down to one lane from 2. About a quarter of a mile before this island is another much busier island. The brain dead sheeple spend all day long approaching the cones in just the one lane which makes the queue stretch back to the previous island and blocks it off. Meanwhile, I always sail right down the empty lane and merge in near the cones. If everyone did that and merged in turn the previous island would be free flowing.

Still get mongtards sitting in the empty lane blocking it off though :confused:

I agree with Rob.

The two lanes merging into one are sometimes like that for design eg… if your on a busy A-ROAD and are joining a motorway sometimes they will make two lanes that merge into one as it gets queuing cars off the A-Road as quickly as possible as you don’t want queing cars on a 70mph dual carriageway. Yet I’ve often seen truckers sometimes right at the start of a sliproad preventing cars from overtaking due to the trucker in the right hand lane going the exact same speed as the truck in the left hand lane.
To me that is dangerous and stupid.

Coach drivers do it too. :imp:

Although not sideways.Don’t know how to turn it the right way :confused: