No parking

This is on a new industrial estate just outside Wellington in Somerset. Nothing to say it’s private land and no parking restrictions what so ever for any other type of vehicle. Just wondering what exactly they would be reporting you for or is it just an empty threat. I’m pretty sure the traffic commissioner has got better things to do with their time.

Also why are they reporting it to a French one?

Own Account Driver:
Also why are they reporting it to a French one?[/quote

Had to laugh at the spelling myself. You would think that someone who obviously thinks they’re better than us lowly lorry drivers would check their spelling before getting a load of signs made up.

I hope the OP took the opportunity to write on the sign
the sign poster will be reported to the spelling police

Fancy reporting someone for parking to a ■■■■■■■ door man. :laughing: :laughing: You have to just laugh at these dikeads.

This reminds me of a sign at the A591/St John’s in the Vale junction down Thirlmere way, a shortcut to the A66 if heading east. Last wintertime. Made by a 6-year-old…or possibly a pensioner. I reckon it was most likely one of those Friends of the Lake District terrorists to be honest.

“No access for HGVs” or some such. A couple of days later I noticed it on the grass verge, in pieces…

Last time I had a chat with the commissioner it was about NOT parking.

The people who do these things really do deserve the utmost contempt. I’d park there just to be an annoyance to them.

Oh! Come on… The “Traffic Commissionaire” is the guy in the fancy uniform at the entrance.

“Can’t park there without a tie driver…”

As the road presumably has no legally enforceable parking restrictions, I don’t think the Traffic Commissionaire would be too interested. Personally I’d stick a sign below it saying “Thanks nice! Yours, Mrs Brown”.

Stick a sign on it to the effect of it took me 9/11 hours to work out who I was being reported too.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

My employer once got a letter from a Police Constable at Worcestershire Constabulary stating that the vehicle I drove had been spotted parked overnight outside Jewson at Evesham, and this was a breach of the requirement of the Operator’s Licence that vehicles should be kept at the Operating Centre in Sittingbourne overnight.

Obviously the fact that it was carrying 26 tonnes of concrete lintels on a flatbed trailer wasn’t a big enough clue for the thick bint, but a copy of the delivery note along with a highly sarcastic letter explaining how transport works and suggesting that she went off and caught some criminals soon had her scuttling off with her tail between her legs.

Is it a private road then ?
One could almost wish loads of the delivering tramper drivers would make sure to run out of time while on a delivery to the estate :sunglasses:

dreamingofoz:
This is on a new industrial estate just outside Wellington in Somerset. Nothing to say it’s private land and no parking restrictions what so ever for any other type of vehicle. Just wondering what exactly they would be reporting you for or is it just an empty threat. I’m pretty sure the traffic commissioner has got better things to do with their time.

That’s brilliant! :laughing: Proper Hyacinth Bouquet stuff!

It’s an empty threat.

They would have been better off just putting a plain & simple “No Overnight HGV Parking” sign, the threat of the Traffic Commissioner (spelt wrong) just makes them look like bullshitters and will have the opposite effect.

I would park there every chance I had, snap selfies and post them to their (who ever put it up) Facebook page.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

i think i would just have to park there overnight and steal the sign.
the icing on the cake would be sitting there with the curtains open waiting for the complaint. :slight_smile: