Health and safety not implemented enough

Yeh ok we all know it really is, and that it is well over the top…but.

Following on from dozy’s latest adventures :smiley: , where he was expected to (and actually did :unamused: ) sleep in a flea infested cab, with a bunk that was discoloured and crusty with some dirty ■■■■ 's bodily fluids :open_mouth: , …
My point is …Why is the ‘‘Health’’ part in ‘‘Health and safety’’ not usually as strictly enforced than the ‘‘Safety’’ part of it??

(It’s a rhetorical question btw, the less naive and brainwashed amongst us know for a fact that in real terms ‘‘They’’ don!t give ■■■■ about drivers health and safety, but in reality it is just an arse covering/box ticking excercise implemented by wonkers in office jobs on more money than us :bulb: )
Proven by places that won’t let you strap up on their premises, but tell you to do it on the road outside for example. :smiling_imp:

So.
There are cabs out there like dozy’s.

There are driver’s bogs out there for us to use that are ‘‘Trainspotting’’ themed :open_mouth:

Showers that you would not wash your ■■■■ dog in, in case it caught summmet.
AND a lot of these places are provided by our own company depots ffs, mine being one of them, so I have contacted the actual owner in the past…so he sent some bloke in with a mop and bucket ffs, instead of a team of decorators, thinking that would solve the problem :unamused:

I once rang up H&S guy at DFDS terminal at Immingham a few years ago when a bit ■■■■■■ off , (after walking in the driver’s shower,.and walking straight back out)
I asked him why he was so selective with his H&S policies, whereby you were bollocked as if you’d just murdered some ■■■■ if they caught you walking around without a hi viz in broad daylight :unamused: , but they were happy to ignore the disgusting state of the health hazard facilities that they provided for visiting drivers.
I got all the crap about drivers leaving mess in there and many being dirty basts etc etc.
Which is true in many cases sadly, but that is what cleaners are for, and why every other establishment you can think of employ them.

So if these type of ■■■■■ are going to implement all this hi viz/hard hat/clown suit walking around with an orange light attached to a zimmer frame type ■■■■■■■■ :unamused: , with ott enthusiasm (The last bit is true btw :open_mouth: I kid you not…Lafarge Avonmouth :unamused: ) they should also concentrate on the side of it that IS actually beneficial to us. :bulb:
So I know I’m ■■■■■■■ in the wind saying this with many of you :unamused: …but don’t just readily accept it, have a bit of pride and speak up as ‘‘pro drivers’’ demanding better standards… :bulb:

Judging by the state of driving and the general look and demeanour of drivers i see on a daily basis Rob, i challenge you to point out where these “pro drivers” exist, cuz as far as i can see they are as rare as hens teeth :open_mouth:

Yes, it’s always made me wonder. Let’s be honest, most people don’t give a toss about other people - you only have to watch how people drive to see that. So how can a corporate entity care about people?

Of course, it can’t. H&S is nothing to do with caring about the health and safety of others. It’s simply another way of companies washing their hands of any responsibilty after an incident or accident. It’s also become a handy way of ensuring smaller companies don’t get to compete, in much the same way as that ISO 9001 (or whatever it was) twaddle.

It’s also a handy job-creation scheme, like the DCPC.

H&S is a bit of a quandary for companies. It is a financial drain with zero monetary reward for them, so they would prefer to disregard it if possible. On the other hand the financial implications of them actually ignoring it don’t from their point of view bear thinking about. So we end up with a situation where for example a man falling from for example a scaffold tower would potentially ruin them, whereas no lorry driver is likely to sue them for a dirty shower/toilet, so it’s not difficult to guess which direction they are going to go with this.

Btw that was a ramble caused by breakfast beer as I’m celebrating a week and a half off :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

the maoster:
Btw that was a ramble caused by breakfast beer as I’m celebrating a week and a half off :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Sorry to go a bit OT but you do breakfast beer too? Awesome! :smiley:

steviespain:

the maoster:

Me? Never! :smiley:

IMG_0486.JPG

the maoster:

steviespain:

the maoster:

Me? Never! :smiley:

Good man :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Anyone got pic of the zimmer frames at Lafarge?

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Breakfast beer! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

robroy:
Yeh ok we all know it really is, and that it is well over the top…but.

Following on from dozy’s latest adventures :smiley: , where he was expected to (and actually did :unamused: ) sleep in a flea infested cab, with a bunk that was discoloured and crusty with some dirty [zb] 's bodily fluids :open_mouth: , …
My point is …Why is the ‘‘Health’’ part in ‘‘Health and safety’’ not usually as strictly enforced than the ‘‘Safety’’ part of it??

(It’s a rhetorical question btw, the less naive and brainwashed amongst us know for a fact that in real terms ‘‘They’’ don!t give [zb] about drivers health and safety, but in reality it is just an arse covering/box ticking excercise implemented by wonkers in office jobs on more money than us :bulb: )
Proven by places that won’t let you strap up on their premises, but tell you to do it on the road outside for example. :smiling_imp:

So.
There are cabs out there like dozy’s.

There are driver’s bogs out there for us to use that are ‘‘Trainspotting’’ themed :open_mouth:

Showers that you would not wash your [zb] dog in, in case it caught summmet.
AND a lot of these places are provided by our own company depots ffs, mine being one of them, so I have contacted the actual owner in the past…so he sent some bloke in with a mop and bucket ffs, instead of a team of decorators, thinking that would solve the problem :unamused:

I once rang up H&S guy at DFDS terminal at Immingham a few years ago when a bit ■■■■■■ off , (after walking in the driver’s shower,.and walking straight back out)
I asked him why he was so selective with his H&S policies, whereby you were bollocked as if you’d just murdered some [zb] if they caught you walking around without a hi viz in broad daylight :unamused: , but they were happy to ignore the disgusting state of the health hazard facilities that they provided for visiting drivers.
I got all the crap about drivers leaving mess in there and many being dirty basts etc etc.
Which is true in many cases sadly, but that is what cleaners are for, and why every other establishment you can think of employ them.

So if these type of [zb] are going to implement all this hi viz/hard hat/clown suit walking around with an orange light attached to a zimmer frame type ■■■■■■■■ :unamused: , with ott enthusiasm (The last bit is true btw :open_mouth: I kid you not…Lafarge Avonmouth :unamused: ) they should also concentrate on the side of it that IS actually beneficial to us. :bulb:
So I know I’m ■■■■■■■ in the wind saying this with many of you :unamused: …but don’t just readily accept it, have a bit of pride and speak up as ‘‘pro drivers’’ demanding better standards… :bulb:

If you think about H@S that strench question.Why driver use so old and not clean gloves,have not washed trousers.sleep at break at matresses with dirty trousers■■?

It gets better! Beer + half a tiger loaf packed with fish fingers! #livinthedream

IMG_0487.JPG

That is quality mate! Top man! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Hang on…are you anywhere near Stoke Newington■■? :smiley:

steviespain:
Hang on…are you anywhere near Stoke Newington■■? :smiley:

Sadly no, deepest rural Lincolnshire doing my bit to deepen the gene pool, or at least making it fit for swimming in!

Apologies to Robroy for not only derailing his thread but sending it into outer space! :wink:

the maoster:
H&S is a bit of a quandary for companies. It is a financial drain with zero monetary reward for them, so they would prefer to disregard it if possible. On the other hand the financial implications of them actually ignoring it don’t from their point of view bear thinking about. So we end up with a situation where for example a man falling from for example a scaffold tower would potentially ruin them, whereas no lorry driver is likely to sue them for a dirty shower/toilet, so it’s not difficult to guess which direction they are going to go with this.

Aye, my ramble was me trying to kid myself I aint really got a hangover. :smiley: but I’m suffering a bit really.
Just got the wife on the case for one of yer fish finger sarnies after seeing that, …might give the beer part a miss though. :laughing:

Btw JUST made it yesterday after hold ups, walked in pub right on kick off, precision timing :sunglasses: …■■■■ crap result. :unamused:

Ahh yep, sorry robroy.
When I sober up I MAY have an intelligent answer to post…Pfft, who am I kiddin? I´m going for a kip. :slight_smile:

El Deano:

I took a photo at the time knowing nobody would believe me :smiley: , but I lost it.

It was a thing on wheels with a flashing orange light on a pole :laughing:
If you moved sround the wharehouse you had to push it around with you, looking a complete 2 at :laughing:
It made me think that the knob who thought it up got the idea when he saw his Nan with a zimmer visiting her at the weekend. :smiley:
Wonder how much bonus he got for coming up with that one. :unamused: :smiley:

RIPPER:
Judging by the state of driving and the general look and demeanour of drivers i see on a daily basis Rob, i challenge you to point out where these “pro drivers” exist, cuz as far as i can see they are as rare as hens teeth :open_mouth:

Plenty where I work but then again the company and even the agency provide decent workwear, the drivers are paid decent money, on every POD a store has to fill out there’s a box to tick to say whether the driver was well presented and part of the drivers daily routine is to wash the truck at the end of their shift.

robroy:

El Deano:

I took a photo at the time knowing nobody would believe me :smiley: , but I lost it.

It was a thing on wheels with a flashing orange light on a pole :laughing:
If you moved sround the wharehouse you had to push it around with you, looking a complete 2 at :laughing:
It made me think that the knob who thought it up got the idea when he saw his Nan with a zimmer visiting her at the weekend. :smiley:
Wonder how much bonus he got for coming up with that one. :unamused: :smiley:

They use those at Siniat at Ferrybridge and you put them at the rear of the trailer when working on it, such as moving curtains. When you do the H&S briefing they have a video which demonstrates why they use them. It shows a driver strapping down a load and then a forklift comes from the other side, puts a pack on, pushes it across too far and the packs on the drivers side fall off towards the driver and he narrowly avoids being crushed by them.

I reckon if more companies showed the accident or near miss which was the reason for the stuff they do then more people would be understanding.

The flashing Zimmer frame thing is new to me.

Is it real?!