Road rage

I can’t believe how some motorists are just one small blip away from total collapse of mind and sanity. People need to chill the eff out. Is it just me, or are people generally getting more and more aggressive and nasty on the roads (and in general society) these days? People are seriously depressed.

ezydriver:
I can’t believe how some motorists are just one small blip away from total collapse of mind and sanity. People need to chill the eff out. Is it just me, or are people generally getting more and more aggressive and nasty on the roads (and in general society) these days? People are seriously depressed.

I agree. I think the reason is overcrowding, not just on the roads but everywhere in life.

Life in general mate. I was on the train in rush hour in central London this morning.
Some bloke was going mad at attendant as his out of date ticket wouldn’t open the barrier

Yep, it’s not just drivers, but life in general. I’ve been driving 54 years, road rage has always been about, but used to be mainly finger wagging, swearing, and at worst probably a fat lip, the worst I ever saw was a lorry driver head-butting a car driver who cut him up and then got seriously mouthy and started waving his fists about when the lorry driver caught him up at the lights and complained, tame by modern standards and he was asking for it. A few years ago, disputes anywhere when words failed were mostly settled with fists only, more often than not with somebody public-spirited stepping in to stop it before it got too heavy. Nowadays a simple matter, like an innocently spilled drink for example, can often result in a fatal kick in the head, bottling, a knifing or even a gun, while bystanders are either looking the other way or filming it on their phones. Life has become more violent all round.
Bernard

If you have ever done an anger management course, like me, then you will understand that anger is an emotion born from fear. When you begin to look at road rage from a ‘fear’ perspective then you might begin to understand it.

Hear me now, road rage is a growing phenomenon & will soon become an everyday part of our lives.

Dork Lard:
If you have ever done an anger management course, like me, then you will understand that anger is an emotion born from fear. When you begin to look at road rage from a ‘fear’ perspective then you might begin to understand it.

Hear me now, road rage is a growing phenomenon & will soon become an everyday part of our lives.

Is that what they told you to think? Serious question, not being facetious. Because in my opinion, it’s not true. If I get angry, it’s not because I’m afraid, it’s because I’m angry. If I’m afraid, it’s because I’m afraid.

Drempels:

Dork Lard:

Is that what they told you to think? Serious question, not being facetious. Because in my opinion, it’s not true. If I get angry, it’s not because I’m afraid, it’s because I’m angry. If I’m afraid, it’s because I’m afraid.

Then you don’t know your own emotions & what causes them to happen.

It is universally accepted that ‘ANGER’ is a base emotion that is born from fear. If you have the confidence to fear nothing then it is extremely difficult to become angry.

What was the last thing that made you angry?

When 1 st past my c2 test 8 years ago. One .my 1st jobs was agency for Laura Ashley delivering ridiculous expensive furniture.
Driving along cat and fiddle doing about 40 . Car over takes me
Which in his rights to road was clear.
As he pulls in he slams brakes on serves all over.
I stop. He marches over ffing off. Why you going so slow im.in a rush got things to to etc . After mins of him going on im.in a a rush your slowing me.down etc
.he then speeds off slams brakes on.so almost hit him. And he kept this going for a good 1p mins . Slamming his brakes on.

He obv wasn’t in that much of a rush.
Told the police there aren’t interested.

one car driver in an open top got the better of me one day,i got out to give him verbal,he sat in his car looking up at me towering over him shouting my gob off,all he kept saying in reply was ‘‘ok’’ I shouted again ‘‘ok’’ he kept it up in such a calm manner I gave up in the end and stomped off back to my car[off duty at the time and visiting family] years later I laugh about it and think he made me look such a ■■■■,had to give him respect for it,but as the op say’s it’s all different now what with people carrying weapons,not worth it anymore

For the last 6 months, I’ve been moonlighting as a bouncer to top up my wages for holiday. I have been witness to everything from drunk teens to 40 something speed freaks and have had to stop one killing the other more times than I can count. And do you know what? They have nothing on the road warriors we have lurking round our suburban streets. If someone’s ■■■■■■ or stoned, you know to expect the unexpected. But when a sober, normal person suddenly goes psychotic? You just never know what to expect

Dork Lard:

Drempels:

Dork Lard:

Then you don’t know your own emotions & what causes them to happen.

It is universally accepted that ‘ANGER’ is a base emotion that is born from fear. If you have the confidence to fear nothing then it is extremely difficult to become angry.

What was the last thing that made you angry?

If I saw a 30 year old man beating up a 15 year old boy, my first instinct would be to smash the scumbag up because he shouldn’t be doing it. Anger.

If I saw the same thing but with the man about to stab the boy to death, my first instinct would be to disarm the man because he might kill the boy. Fear.

See the difference?

Dork Lard:

Was yoda your instructor? Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hatel eads to suffering

blogs.discovermagazine.com/but-n … ologically

Anger when provoked in a fight or flight situation may stem from fear, but for the idiots who are pent up and start these situations that does not come from fear?

99% are bullies who are empowered by a false sense of security being safely cocooned in their car. Most of these would never get out of the car and take it further. Those that do get out, most will immediately snap out of it and back down when met with aggression and the real threat of violence.

Only a tiny fraction of incidents will lead to actual physical violence and that is the problem as the people who will take it this far are not operating within the realms of a balanced person.

I used to be angry when younger and get triggered but nowadays my golden rule is NEVER GET OUT OF THE CAR/CAB. Nothing to prove to anyone anymore, much more to lose, and you never know if this is the actual ■■■■■■ who will pull out the knife and use it.

As said above, remaining completely calm is a great defence mechanism and will de-escalate most aggression, leaving them feeling foolish as they snap out of it.

Don’t rise to it people, stay safe out there…

If drivers drove correctly road rage would almost disappear overnight.
I sometimes feel like I want to rip some drivers heads off when they put my family and I at risk.
Luckily I can control my emotions whilst driving.

It’s all about controlling your ‘inner chimp’

amazon.co.uk/Chimp-Paradox- … 009193558X

As recommended by Guy Martin, no less.

BTW: the gangs in London recording their ‘grime’ videos before going off to fight the gang on the next attempt remind me of films of wild chimps/baboons psyching themselves up before going to fight the chimps/baboons next door.

IMO The Chimp Paradox should be taught in London Schools.

Have read the chimp paradox, yip makes sense, the comments above ref anger born out of fear is a new one on me however.

idrive:
Anger when provoked in a fight or flight situation may stem from fear, but for the idiots who are pent up and start these situations that does not come from fear?

99% are bullies who are empowered by a false sense of security being safely cocooned in their car. Most of these would never get out of the car and take it further. Those that do get out, most will immediately snap out of it and back down when met with aggression and the real threat of violence.

Only a tiny fraction of incidents will lead to actual physical violence and that is the problem as the people who will take it this far are not operating within the realms of a balanced person.

I used to be angry when younger and get triggered but nowadays my golden rule is NEVER GET OUT OF THE CAR/CAB. Nothing to prove to anyone anymore, much more to lose, and you never know if this is the actual ■■■■■■ who will pull out the knife and use it.

As said above, remaining completely calm is a great defence mechanism and will de-escalate most aggression, leaving them feeling foolish as they snap out of it.

Don’t rise to it people, stay safe out there…

Nail right on the head there, not a single one of them would act like they do if they weren’t in their little car.

What they need is a good slapping.

It’s not really road rage anymore, road tantrums is a more accurate way to describe it, just a load of shouting and hand gestures.

I had a bloke yesterday that did everything he could to prevent me from merging from a lane that ended while in almost stationary traffic, he was jumping up and down like a lunatic, giving me the finger through his open window and leaning on his horn as he drove inches away from the car in front, revving the nuts off his car. I did make him work for it once I knew he was going to be a ■■■■ about it, but I was chuckling away to myself as he ranted and raved.

The funniest part for me was when i passed him a few hundred yards later, after the inevitable weaving around in front of me and a feeble attempt at brake checking me, he was sitting about 2 inches from the steering wheel and when he gave me the finger again i noticed that he had hands the size of a child.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

“Frustration” is now called “Mental Illness”.
“Selfishness” is now called “Autism” if your introverted, and “anger management issues” if you’re more extrovert.
“Naïveté” is now called “Aspergers Syndrome”.
“■■■■■■ off at the way people behave” is now called “Conservative”.

What gets up your nose? :stuck_out_tongue:

its suprising how instant road rage can be. im usually the last one to start a fight ,but a while ago i was cut up in my car and then forced to a halt on hard shoulder by a truck - i imagined he had road rage-so to escape the situation i decided to move off spun my wheels and shot past his cab ,a second later and i would have killed him as he was walking round front of his cab. id got road rage bigtime,as i knew in my heart he was probably coming around the cab corner at that moment- i wasnt really trying to escape,instead was trying to kill him

his face was a picture!