Another EE off the road

muckles:

eagerbeaver:
My evidence for EE’s fiddling the crap out of the tax system is based on plenty of them telling me. At Iceland most of the EE agency drivers refused to go PAYE, they wouldn’t work for less than £14 per hour as LTD co’s. As you know I have worked for numerous firms and have always made a deliberate point of discussing wages with EE drivers.

My post stated that it wasn’t EE’s faults individually for coming here to work, I also stated that I would do the same. The post I made also stated that we have enough idiot wagon drivers of our own, so why add more?

EE’s love parking on hard shoulders of motorways. Maybe that can be justified too. Or perhaps maybe it’s just me being racist again instead of simply seeing things with my own eyes? Evidence that EE’s will work for peanuts does not need to be produced, all the crappy low paid driving jobs are riddled with them.

When I worked for Whistl at Bolton last year, I made a point of noticing who parked down the slip road to the entrance overnight. It was almost exclusively EE’s. That road went from being immaculate to a crap dump very quickly indeed. Maybe I am being racist again and simply not observing factual events.

So in summary, here is what I KNOW to be factual. Many EE’s fiddle our tax system. Hardly any want to integrate with us. Plenty EE’s use magnets, spare tacho cards, drive over their hours etc… They park in dangerous and illegal places on motorway’s. A high percentage of them seem to be ■■■■■■ up whilst driving. Many are poor drivers and plenty goods in staff complain that they are worse drivers than British drivers. They leave all sorts of crap wherever they choose to park. Most cannot seem to stay off their phones whilst driving.

Before people start chiming in with ’ Brits do all the above ', I am well aware of that. Adding crap on top of crap simply makes a bigger pile of crap. It’s a shame that EE truck drivers coming here for ’ a better life ’ have no respect whatsoever for OUR country, and rather than make a really good impression by being excellent, law abiding drivers and contributing with taxes, they choose to be just as crap as our own idiots. So basically they are clearly a bit thick too. A great opportunity for them to be welcomed has been missed :bulb:

Firstly I hope I’ve have never called or implied you are racist for the views you hold. You are one of a group of posters here I don’t entirely agree with, but still have respect for what you write and views you hold. (and anyway it would be xenophobic not racist :wink: )

Instead of going over each point you make and saying its some of them, not many or all in my experience and just going round in circles, I get to the crux of my argument, the problem is not EE drivers, getting rid of them will not make the haulage industry suddenly a great place to work, the rot set in years before they arrived as it did in many jobs, but constantly blaming them for the ills of the industry simply diverts attention from the real problem and that is the system that allowed the situation to develop, that has sidelined ordinary people from the decision making process in this and many others of the supposedly democratic countries in the World.

It`s not racist just wrong. Blaming EEs for problems your government should sort out, mixing up drivers of foreign trucks with drivers working in the UK and generalizing.