Wide load waiting area on the a1

Nite Owl:
The big sign that says “wide load holding area” gave away that it was a wide load holding area.

So why did you park there?

I couldn’t use any of the laybyes because theyve gone. The services were all full except the pumps and I’m not going to stop on them for 30 minutes.
The a1 was effectively a big car park and I’d used more time than I expected and wouldn’t have made it to ferrybridge which was my plan. The big open unused space was my only option. I expected the copper to sign my tacho and move me on, you know, build a rapport with the public but they insisted on criminalizing someone who made a mistake. No wonder they dont have the support of the public.

Excuses, excuses, excuses. You knew you were going where there was a chance parking was going to be sparse and that there was a chance you were going to be held up because 99% of the time its a car park on that stretch Monday to Friday so why didn’t you stop earlier?

You are supposedly a professional driver, one above a car driver who I’d expect to make those kinds of blunders. The copper did absolutely right and he most certainly has my support and the support of everyone who has ever had to carry a wide load and found themselves unable to stop where they’re supposed to because of incompetents like yourself.