Display of O licence disc

Sand Fisher:

Concretejim:
Height indicator and a no smoking sign are not a legal requirement, and who the hell would defect them if they wernt present.

I don’t know who you drive for and it isn’t relevant in itself but if it is on the driver’s checklist and it doesn’t comply then I’ll defect it. Not to do so would be not following due process. In the OP it is on their checklist - Gist actually - and I defected it, to be told it wasn’t a defect as DVSA had changed the rules.

So far no one has posted an answer to the question - has the rule changed or not. Appears no one knows.

As far as I know there are no changes in the requirement to display an O’licence disc,
The company I work for has just got a new O’licence, location and company name change, so it was treated as a new application and was done online, however on completion we still got new discs sent to us.

However I remember reading some DVSA article not so long ago, where they said with the move to online applications and maintenance of O’licence compliance they are also considering if they should get rid of the paper disc, but no doubt it will have to go through a lengthy consultation process and then bulletins will be sent to operators and the trade press if it does happen.