Dispatches Monday 9th Channel 4

Britains diesel scandal. Should be interesting.

My recorder is set.

I guess I should check what others have posted first! :grimacing:

Strange that they haven’t given the diesel emissions scandal of all the cars such sensational headlines .
Stand by for a lot of truck industry bashing .

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

grumpyken52:
Strange that they haven’t given the diesel emissions scandal of all the cars such sensational headlines .

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I think VW might disagree with you there… [emoji53]

SO lemme guess… NO slagging off of Brudders in bedford rascals and stirrup pumps… NO slagging off for foreign truckers coming over here with twin-oversized tanks, so they don’t have to re-fuel in Britain at all, thus avoiding taxes … but EXTENSIVE slagging off for UK hauliers caught putting Cherry in the main tank!?

grumpyken52:

Car owners aren’t going around putting devices in to get around adblue.

Conor:

grumpyken52:

No they just delete dpfs instead

I can’t understand the scandal ? You use adblue (DEF) don’t you ? When I am in the bays at Ben & Jerry the engine is running to operate the liquid pump, they fit an extractor pipe to the exhaust and it broke a couple of weeks ago and they checked for carbon and particulates, all that comes out of the exhaust is nitrogen and water vapour, it even smells like soap.

Conor:

grumpyken52:

They will be when their systems start to go wrong :grimacing:

SuperMultiBlue:

Conor:

grumpyken52:

Now an mot fail if the dpf shows any signs of cut/welding
EGR blanking or mapping out is very common

Pat Hasler:
I can’t understand the scandal ? You use adblue (DEF) don’t you ? When I am in the bays at Ben & Jerry the engine is running to operate the liquid pump, they fit an extractor pipe to the exhaust and it broke a couple of weeks ago and they checked for carbon and particulates, all that comes out of the exhaust is nitrogen and water vapour, it even smells like soap.

The programme/scandal is (probably) about those who disable the Ad Blue system. They’re aiming for less maintenance cost and better mpg?

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

SuperMultiBlue:

Conor:

grumpyken52:

Very common I believe. The DPF has no benefit to the car owner so when it goes wrong, which it invariably will, are they going to spend £500ish to replace it and have the same again a few years down the road or pay a bloke with a welder £100 to gut it and weld it up?
[emoji57]

delete DPFs

nomiS36:
Very common I believe. The DPF has no benefit to the car owner so when it goes wrong, which it invariably will, are they going to spend £500ish to replace it and have the same again a few years down the road or pay a bloke with a welder £100 to gut it and weld it up?
[emoji57]

Trickydick:

And to reinforce that point:
gov.uk/government/news/mot- … 0-may-2018
Fails for cars, as well as trucks if the DPF has been interfered with.
"Your vehicle will get a major fault if the MOT tester:

can see smoke of any colour coming from the exhaust
finds evidence that the DPF has been tampered with".

Franglais:
delete DPFs

nomiS36:
[emoji57]

Trickydick:

And to reinforce that point:
gov.uk/government/news/mot- … 0-may-2018
Fails for cars, as well as trucks if the DPF has been interfered with.
"Your vehicle will get a major fault if the MOT tester:

can see smoke of any colour coming from the exhaust
finds evidence that the DPF has been tampered with".

I know MOT examiners who wouldn’t notice something like that. :wink:

Conor:

grumpyken52:

O how wrong you are, dpf delete software, removal of dpf’s and egr’s being blanked off, and ad-blue on certain Audi and 4x4 being switched off to increase power.

The above is FACT not statistics, or copy n pasted from Wikipedia or Google.

biggriffin:

Conor:

grumpyken52:

O how wrong you are, dpf delete software, removal of dpf’s and egr’s being blanked off, and ad-blue on certain Audi and 4x4 being switched off to increase power.

The above is FACT not statistics, or copy n pasted from Wikipedia or Google.

Since “FACT” is in capitals it MUST be TRUE !
But not as true as TRUE and nowhere as true as TRUE

Edit. I do believe it`s happening by the way. No need for capitals at all !

Winseer:
SO lemme guess… NO slagging off of Brudders in bedford rascals and stirrup pumps… NO slagging off for foreign truckers coming over here with twin-oversized tanks, so they don’t have to re-fuel in Britain at all, thus avoiding taxes … but EXTENSIVE slagging off for UK hauliers caught putting Cherry in the main tank!?

‘‘So lemme guess’’…Why do you put legit hauliers (not drivers :unamused: ) practicing the obvious, and most economical, methods as possible open to them to run their trucks, (not to mention legally whether you like that or not) in the same category as low life thieving tow rags exactly ■■ :unamused:

Also…putting cherry in the tank thus ALSO avoiding taxes is ok in your eyes then…as long as they are British.
:unamused: …ffs mate. :unamused: I despair.

robroy:

Winseer:

‘‘So lemme guess’’…Why do you put legit hauliers (not drivers :unamused: ) practicing the obvious, and most economical, methods as possible open to them to run their trucks, (not to mention legally whether you like that or not) in the same category as low life thieving tow rags exactly ■■ :unamused:

Also…putting cherry in the tank thus avoiding taxes is ok in your eyes then…as long as they are British.
:unamused: …ffs mate. :unamused: I despair.

And we don’t come home via Luxembourg, with twin oversize tanks to fill up before we come home, O and fill up the twin tanks on the fridge too, then blow that lot out before going back… No British haulier would do that.

According to my Tv guide Bear Grylls is on at 9pm ?

Ahh its 8pm not 9pm