NIP Letter

yourhavingalarf:
It’s quite possible that…

After you did your walk round, someone parked behind you and went to work leaving their car there which you then un-knowingly reversed into.

But, without any evidence of damage to the vehicle you allegedly backed into it’s also possible that someone is trying it on. How did they get your number if you drove away (assuming they weren’t in the vehicle when you hit it). If they were in the vehicle when the damage occured, why didn’t they get out and stop you? Having said that, it’s hardly worth trying it on for such a small claim. Cash for crash usually involves large vehicle damage claims, whiplash and other injuries all of which are spurious.

I think the onus is on the third party to prove or at the very least, provide some sort of evidence that points in your direction.

See if there are any CCTV cameras in the area and ask if you can access them.

You shouldn’t be held responsible for failing to report if you didn’t know it happened.

Yes, it’s possible. They would have been right on the corner and rght behind me but you never know. I didn’t feel or heard anything, as I said It was a very slow move. If it they say it was anywhere other than there behind me than it is bs as I didn’t reverse at any point further. If no one was in the car, it was really fast to access cctv, find out who did, go to the police, get the registered keeper and on the next day I have a letter.