One last hurrah

kr79:
Just think the novelty of a v8 will wear thin pretty soon if the rest of the job is crap as for poverty spec for me I’d rather have a fleet spec engine size but have goodies in the cab to make life better.
If I was tramping I’d apreciate a fridge microwave and decent media stuff over an engine.
Not realy one for cars although I do own an old 70s fiat which I like but I am a gadget fiend indoors and spend a fair bit on the house and tech stuff

My old F7 (Lucky7 as it was named was engaging to drive after i ■■■■■■ on its carrots and plated it to 36.5tons (and some) and youred never fall asleep at the wheel with the little 6.7l engine working its guts out and the constant splits up and down even on the flat but…over distance its hard going and time consuming and after a while the thirst for more power was ever present and desperately needed. F10’s/12’s/F16 and Commercial Motors ex demo MAN 19/462 V10 followed (very thirsty monster that one). Being able to leave the box alone even fully freighted on gradients though makes for an easier more relaxing drive and can make an otherwise boring job a little more tolerable…

Edit- forget any of the above though if its plodding up and down the A12… :grimacing: