Thats it....hung up the keys

I’ve had enough, 32 years of living in a tin box and all the rest of it. I’ve just worked a weeks notice and if I never have to get in another cab it’ll be fine.

I’ll have to see a few mind, I’ve gone into the office… :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Into the office…

All yer old buddies will be cursing you inside of a month. :smiley:

Remember you were once a driver :slight_smile: .
You must understand all the pitfalls that drivers have, you will chat with them as you are a fellow employee and you worked alongside them, joking, being friendly etc. , have a coffee with them in the canteen, reminisce about the days working together, you will sympathize with them about the work, as you would have expected from transport when you were a driver!! :wink:
This will last approximately 4 to 6 months before management convert you to their way of thinking!! Convert you to the ways of the transport office !!
Hope not, hopefully you will still be your own man, but I have seen it so many times where drivers have gone up into the office and said “I won’t change” but sadly they do :cry:
Good luck in your new venture, but don’t forget your roots

All concept of distance and time when looking at a map will be gone in a few weeks :smiley:

Good luck in your new role

I wish you the best of luck too.

It’s usually around 4 weeks before those stepping up start to be infected by the superiority disease, it’s quite sad to see how they always succumb, hope you are the exception.

As said good luck more time to ride that is always good & a normal working life

I’ve moved companies too so not the same lads. But I’m sure I will recognise the signs and act accordingly. :smiley:

Lonewolf Yorks:
I’ve moved companies too so not the same lads. But I’m sure I will recognise the signs and act accordingly. :smiley:

Yeah yeah that’s what they all say :wink:

pierrot 14:
Remember you were once a driver :slight_smile: .
You must understand all the pitfalls that drivers have, you will chat with them as you are a fellow employee and you worked alongside them, joking, being friendly etc. , have a coffee with them in the canteen, reminisce about the days working together, you will sympathize with them about the work, as you would have expected from transport when you were a driver!! :wink:
This will last approximately 4 to 6 months before management convert you to their way of thinking!! Convert you to the ways of the transport office !!
Hope not, hopefully you will still be your own man, but I have seen it so many times where drivers have gone up into the office and said “I won’t change” but sadly they do :cry:
Good luck in your new venture, but don’t forget your roots

Having spent a short while in our office I can tell you exactly what happens, and it isn’t what you’ve described.

Drivers will come up to you with the most ridiculous of questions such as “I’ve a bulb out, what do I do”? Then they’ll look at you like you’ve asked them to eat their own waste when you suggest they change it.

After that you’ve the incessant whinging, “others drivers are getting the runs they want, why aren’t I?” is a common one.

You’ll also get asked for “favours”. Can you get me a decent start time, I’d rather have the ■■■■■ than the IVECO etc.

Then, because you can’t grant them what they want, you’ll face the accusation of “you’ve changed since you got in the office”.

That’s all before I get started on the customers who demand the impossible as a matter of course. Since its them that pay everyone’s wages, you’re duty bound to try and get the drivers to comply. Which of course leads to another whinge off them.

Nah, you can keep the office. I’d rather be a whinging driver than a whinged at office bod.

Lonewolf Yorks:
I’ve had enough, 32 years of living in a tin box and all the rest of it. I’ve just worked a weeks notice and if I never have to get in another cab it’ll be fine.

I’ll have to see a few mind, I’ve gone into the office… :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

32 years is long enough my friend, I have been driving them for 43 years and I am way past the day I intended to retire.

Remember

It’s only an inch on the map

Best of luck with it mate.

At least it will make your “where am I” posts a piece of ■■■■ to guess! :wink:

Give it a couple or three months and the novelty will have worn off and yoi’ll be itching to get back up the road again … bet ya ten bob !! :slight_smile:

Welcome to the dark side :smiley:

Won`t be long before your old “mates” give you a name change and you become Mr ■■■■■■

All seems rose with a office job, Been there and done it ie. transport manager, operations manager
had 13 years of hassle from everyone. Eventually decided to go back tramping and the last 20 years
had some great times met some fantastic people.
Now retired but still keeping my hand in now and again.
good luck in your new position.

they all change once they get in that office environment, never come across one that didn’t yet. :frowning:

Make sure they don’t make you use the map in the back of your diary :smiley: