48 Hour Average

Good Evening im just wondering do any of you chaps worry about the 48 hour average personally i stay withing the the 60 hour rule but i have been using an app recently which is showing that imm around an average of 50 hours a week ,is it something i should concern myself about or not ? the issue being if it needs to be put right this would mean unpaid time off as holidays ect count towards the wtd i think at 40 hours a week or 8 hours a day

bjd:
Good Evening im just wondering do any of you chaps worry about the 48 hour average personally i stay withing the the 60 hour rule but i have been using an app recently which is showing that imm around an average of 50 hours a week ,is it something i should concern myself about or not ? the issue being if it needs to be put right this would mean unpaid time off as holidays ect count towards the wtd i think at 40 hours a week or 8 hours a day

Authorities not bothered and have nothing on their sanctions list for breaches

Company is tasked with keeping you within the 48 if they can be bothered to because drivers are not expected to be mathematicians

Holidays don’t count as work so a week off in a 17 week period will knock off over 2 hours off your weekly average…

Magicmikew:
Holidays don’t count as work so a week off in a 17 week period will knock off over 2 hours off your weekly average…

as far as imm aware holidays do count a full week is 40 hours and odd days are 8 hours

bjd:

Magicmikew:

as far as imm aware holidays do count a full week is 40 hours and odd days are 8 hours

Correct but why are you so concerned :question:

bjd:

Magicmikew:

A full weeks holiday Monday to Sunday is calculated at 48 hours for the RT(WT)R, single days are calculated at 8 hours per day.

The DVSA don’t enforce the RT(WT)R at the moment but most reputable companies do, it’s the law so any reputable company will comply with it in-spite of the DVSA not enforcing it.

Wtd is a an HSE workplace thing, not DVSA and Police, hence no applicable fines. HSE don’t even bother regulating it it seems.

What’s the app?Might be worth looking at

Freight Dog:
Wtd is a an HSE workplace thing, not DVSA and Police, hence no applicable fines. HSE don’t even bother regulating it it seems.

The DVSA are charged with enforcing the RT(WT)R not the H&S executive, the DVSA don’t enforce it but it is their job to.

tachograph:

Freight Dog:

The DVSA are charged with enforcing the RT(WT)R not the H&S executive, the DVSA don’t enforce it but it is their job to.

Furry ■■■■

MYDriving hours.com the only thing it doesn’t no or take account of is split daly rests

Its like most things in this job get your facts and figures right and inforce it yourself it works for me

gov.uk/maximum-weekly-worki … king-hours

Holiday does not count to weekly paid hours according to this.
Neither do breaks.

Magicmikew:
Maximum weekly working hours: Calculating your working hours - GOV.UK

Holiday does not count to weekly paid hours according to this.
Neither do breaks.

You’ll find that’s the 1998 working time regulations, drivers work to the road transport working time regulations 2005.

Sent from my mobile.

Freight Dog:

Nobody cares. Right up until you have an accident and kill someone and they start looking into things…

And as DVSA can start issuing fines for tacho infringements it’ll be interesting to see if they start on the WTD too.

Magicmikew:

Wrong. A week’s holiday is counted as 48hrs work so that employers can’t abuse holidays to bring your hours down.

kcrussell25:

Freight Dog:

Nobody cares. Right up until you have an accident and kill someone and they start looking into things…

^^^ this

Decent companies abide by the rules whether they are actively policed or not.

Conor:

Magicmikew:

Wrong. A week’s holiday is counted as 48hrs work so that employers can’t abuse holidays to bring your hours down.

Sickness is also counted the same way

Juddian:
Decent companies abide by the rules whether they are actively policed or not.

Exactly, if you work for a company that picks and chooses which laws/regulations they comply with, the chances are you’re working for a cowboy company.