Form an orderly queue....£8.50 per hour.!

Form an orderly queue for this one fellas. Class one £8.50 per hour LOL…

Class 1 Drivers
Vernon Land Transport - Bradford
£8.50 an hour
Drivers required to work for our busy general haulage company based in Baildon, Bradford. Previous experience in general haulage is necessary. Plenty of overtime and nights out available. Various bonus incentives. Class 1 rate £8.50 time and a half after 45 hours.

Please contact during office hours only 09:00-17:00 01274 588530. Or email CV to traffic@vernonlandtransport.co.uk
Vernon Land Transport
4 hours ago

Not even 20k a year before tax.

Mickey mouse:
Form an orderly queue for this one fellas. Class one £8.50 per hour LOL…

Class 1 Drivers
Vernon Land Transport - Bradford
£8.50 an hour
Drivers required to work for our busy general haulage company based in Baildon, Bradford. Previous experience in general haulage is necessary. Plenty of overtime and nights out available. Various bonus incentives. Class 1 rate £8.50 time and a half after 45 hours.

Please contact during office hours only 09:00-17:00 01274 588530. Or email CV to traffic@vernonlandtransport.co.uk
Vernon Land Transport
4 hours ago

Hmm, would be interesting to know if the bonuses would make this worthwhile. Yes, the hourly rate is poor, but would easily achievable bonuses take you over £500 per week without maxing hours?

Mickey mouse:
time and a half after 45 hours.

That improves things considerably.

Lets look at a 60hr week. On this wage it would be £573.75, same as being on £9.56/hr flat rate which is more than a fair few companies pay in the north.

If they pay all hours unlike many companies who will dock at least 45 minutes a day, it looks even better.

Conor:

Mickey mouse:

Lets look at a 60hr week. On this wage it would be £573.75, same as being on £9.56/hr flat rate which is more than a fair few companies pay in the north.

If they pay all hours unlike many companies who will dock at least 45 minutes a day, it looks even better.

Who in their right mind wants to work 60 hours a week?

Mickey mouse:

Conor:

Mickey mouse:

Trampers…

Mickey mouse:

Conor:

Mickey mouse:

Regardless of if they “want” to, many on general haulage do

Mickey mouse:

Conor:

Mickey mouse:

People who have bills to pay, and children to cloth, and a mortgage, and car, just because some people earn more than you, no need to get ar*****y and holy than thou, £8.50 could be the starting rate.

If you want to do 40hrs or get enough on benefit, then put up or shut up.

biggriffin:

Mickey mouse:

Conor:

Mickey mouse:

People who have bills to pay, and children to cloth, and a mortgage, and car, just because some people earn more than you, no need to get ar*****y and holy than thou, £8.50 could be the starting rate.

If you want to do 40hrs or get enough on benefit, then put up or shut up.

You keep ranting on when people mention poor pay.I suggest you try to find better payed work pal.Drop the stinking attitude aswell .its a forum for discussion .

Sorry but £8.50 is dreadful .£1 over the national minimum wage .dress it up how you like ,But basic pay needs to be far better than that . :laughing:

Just looked back at Mr Mouse’s posts over the last few years. He does like a moan and a whinge doesn’t he? :unamused:

Read a couple of days ago that east Midlands (busy area)only paying £10 ish. If that’s all you get there no wonder only £8.50 in Bradford. You might even be better off on that once cost of living in the local area is factored in

The Sarge:
Just looked back at Mr Mouse’s posts over the last few years. He does like a moan and a whinge doesn’t he? :unamused:

I’m Just trying to improve pay and conditions in this dreadful industry but as long as there’s people like you that think £8.50 per hour is ok then nothing will ever change…

Mickey mouse:

The Sarge:

I’m Just trying to improve pay and conditions in this dreadful industry but as long as there’s people like you that think £8.50 per hour is ok then nothing will ever change…

You will never get 1 size fits all. £8.50 would be terrible in London but is probably a decent wage in Bradford.

Also as Captain Caveman said the “bonuses” may make a difference, as well as Conor’s point about breaks

kcrussell25:

Mickey mouse:

The Sarge:

You will never get 1 size fits all. £8.50 would be terrible in London but is probably a decent wage in Bradford.

Also as Captain Caveman said the “bonuses” may make a difference, as well as Conor’s point about breaks

I don’t think it is. I’ve said it before, in Salford so not far fem Bradford and I pay van/7.5 drivers 9.01 per hour, inc breaks, overtime after 40 hours. Full DIsclosure OT is time and a third and meal allowance is 5.00 a day. Hauling 44 ton around for 0.51p an hour less than shifting a 3.5 ton round isn’t squaring with me.

I wouldn’t blame anyone for taking it, but it’s a shocking rate IMO.

Mickey mouse:

The Sarge:

You ain’t trying to improve pay, unless your plan is to dissuade new starters and start your own driver shortage. You just like playing Billy Big Balls “ooh - I wouldn’t get out of bed for that”.
I know I shouldn’t do it, but I do tend to look down on drivers that disparage others that are willing to put the hours in and the nights out.
So, in order not to fall foul of the new Caring and Sharing TNUK I will now stop talking to you.

Its what it is and always will be, Its not the haulage company fault if they can get nobody’s to do it for buttons good luck to them and there’s plenty about who would not even get a job in McDonald’s and thats a fact so they let anything and anybody drive a hgv and its always been like that, and thats why your in a job with zero respect and doing god knows how many hours for a crust, more than likely 60 to 70
So the reality is your working for way way below a respectable hourly rate, it is even embarrassing when you put it to paper and add it up

Mickey mouse:

Most of the forum members going on the posts about drivers hours and the working time directive.

Sadly that rate is common in West Yorkshire,
And you don’t see vernon land advertising very often to be fair…
If it weren’t for my overtime rate in my job I’d be screwed,well I wouldn’t because I’d leave,but I like my job and the overtime rate makes the brass ok

Mickey mouse:

The Sarge:

Nah…8.50£ is not ok, not even anywhere near what a class 1 driver is worth.
The problem is, theres many who will gladly work for that kind of pay and employers know it.
No, it will never happen but there should be a minimum HGV rate…12£p/h would be a reasonable starting point. In the UK though with tax credits given to those that have children its not always feasable to chase a decent wage as the govt tops up any shortfall anyway…