Over £1k fine for using his phone

Court Result. (from GMP Traffic)

Patrick Mulhern. 64 years old of Heaton Moor, Stockport. Pleaded guilty at Magistrates Court to using a mobile phone whilst driving in the Longsight area of Manchester.

Fines & costs £1075.00 + 6 points endorsed on his licence.

That ought to be the mandatory minimum.

Bit harsh. That’s probably a month’s wages oop north for class 1.

ezydriver:

Harsh, he should of lost his licence.

ezydriver:

Yes but driving a LGV that could be up to 44 tons well all know the dangers why add to them l have even stopped using Bluetooth it can all wait till the next drop

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Drove home last night on the M62 behind some ■■■■ that must have been using his phone for at least 5 miles. Undertook him in the end after he nearly swerved into the central reservation and there he was, head looking down, texting ans swiping. :imp:

The real Biffo:

Patrick Mulhern. 64 years old of Heaton Moor, Stockport. Pleaded guilty at Magistrates Court to using a mobile phone whilst driving in the Longsight area of Manchester.

As he pleaded guilty, why wasn’t it dealt with by fixed penalty?

It must be obvious to those in power by now, that harsher penalties are worthless if the chances of being caught are negligible?

Hard to have any sympathy for him. We all know what’ll happen if we get caught, yet we all think we’ll get away with it.

The real Biffo:

beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/comp … 6/officers
twitter.com/roadarmcr?lang=en

Just desserts in my opinion…absolutely no need for it…no matter who is on the end of it…unless its the national lottery. :smiley:

Sorry lads, just off to get me halo polished so i fit in here better, back soon.

muckles:

The real Biffo:

As he pleaded guilty, why wasn’t it dealt with by fixed penalty?

It must be obvious to those in power by now, that harsher penalties are worthless if the chances of being caught are negligible?

Presumably he was given the option of a fixed penalty ticket, decided not to accept it (or did and then simply didn’t pay, or possibly he was not eligible for fixed penalty due to existing points on his licence) so it went to court. Having got to this point he cannot then opt to go back to the original offer of a fixed penalty.

Tough ■■■■■■■.
No sympathy here.
I used to use my phone whilst driving until it got to the stage where its socially unacceptable like D&D did.
Now I dont use it whilst driving, its not really that hard to have the self-restraint not to use it. I manage it easy enough! :unamused:

A bit harsh really a 1£K fine. This is from someone who takes no notice of the phone when driving and probably only use it a couple times a day anyway and always when stopped.

Gembo:
Tough ■■■■■■■.
No sympathy here.
I used to use my phone whilst driving until it got to the stage where its socially unacceptable like D&D did.
Now I dont use it whilst driving, its not really that hard to have the self-restraint not to use it. I manage it easy enough! :unamused:

+1

I bought a 10cm USB charger, you cannot see your phone or see the screen. I can use the steering wheel to answer but never do