Knutsford services southbound M6

Whoever designed it must have been intoxicated, it should be renamed Kerbsford.
I know there is a big ■■■■ sign Verbotten Trucks, shot at dawn , if you have the audacity to park there, and buy rubbish from the shop.
The high kerbs in front of the BP, must have damaged so many vehicles.
Why are they so high, and why need them there, if I had a jack hammer, I would take the stupid things away ?
The whole place needs Bulldozing down and start again.

Probably the same muppet that decided Woodall southbound was spot on…

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Awful place and best avoided,only ever stop there if turtles head is peeping out then I just park on the pumps :smiley:
Think it’s designed for class 2 vehicles,even if you get in a space if someone parks to the right of you and you have that kerb in front of you that’s you stuck until them next to
you move.

polytrotter:
Probably the same muppet that decided Woodall southbound was spot on…

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Who also designed Strensham s/b. :unamused: another complete ■■■■ up.

I know what you mean about that kerb, just as you are taking your lock off to back up it’s there.
Numerous marks all over it.

A lot of ‘professional’ drivers complaining about a tight manoeuvre. Makes you wonder how they cope with anything other than an RDC delivery.

xichrisxi:
Awful place and best avoided,only ever stop there if turtles head is peeping out then I just park on the pumps :smiley:
Think it’s designed for class 2 vehicles,even if you get in a space if someone parks to the right of you and you have that kerb in front of you that’s you stuck until them next to
you move.

If someone parks dead in line to the right of you then more fool them for not allowing your trailer swing. I will always sit back a few feet for this alone & for the matter of privacy.

the nodding donkey:
A lot of ‘professional’ drivers complaining about a tight manoeuvre. Makes you wonder how they cope with anything other than an RDC delivery.

I could say you are being a troll with a comment like that but for once I totally agree with you. :smiley:

Dr Damon:

the nodding donkey:

I could say you are being a troll with a comment like that but for once I totally agree with you. :smiley:

It takes one to know one.

the nodding donkey:

A tight manoeuvre is not a problem,the question is the need for a 2ft high curb.

Also when I want a break I can’t be arsed with a tight manoeuvre. It’s not that I can’t do it, and if needed at a delivery then it’s fine. But when pulling into a services for a break I just want to pull in to a space in the easiest possible manner, park, and put it on break, without ■■■■■■■ about with stuff like 2ft high kerbs. If you want to bother with a tight space on break just to a prove a point that you can then fine, but I just want to park and get a brew!

The signs are very clear though. Not suitable for trucks.

the nodding donkey:

Never seen a sign actually saying ‘unsuitable’ bud tbh.
Maybe ‘prohibited’ or words to that effect, but that’s a non starter, as afaik they have to provide a number of parking places by law.

robroy:

the nodding donkey:

Maybe ‘prohibited’ or words to that effect, but that’s a non starter, as afaik they have to provide a number of parking places by law.

In that case you should pull in, and complain that there is no safe and suitable place to park.

the nodding donkey:

robroy:

the nodding donkey:

In that case you should pull in, and complain that there is no safe and suitable place to park.

And why would I do that? :smiley:
I was merely agreeing with the o/p on a subject on a forum, … but you already know that eh? :smiley:

Not that bothered about it to make an issue of it, and I aint one for complaining, about trivialities anyway tbh. :neutral_face:

robroy:

the nodding donkey:

robroy:

the nodding donkey:

And why would I do that? :smiley:
I was merely agreeing with the o/p on a subject on a forum, … but you already know that eh? :smiley:

Not that bothered about it to make an issue of it, and I aint one for complaining, about trivialities anyway tbh. :neutral_face:

:laughing: :laughing: :wink:

And another thing ND.
If I did take your advice about pulling in and complaining about no suitable or safe place to park.
I would just have to drive through very slowly and shout loud in the general direction of the manager’s office while still moving…Because.

There is no suitable and safe place to park.
:laughing:

:laughing: that’s so funny Rob .

You’ve got Lymm truck stop before Knutsford Services and plenty of lay by’s on the A50 between 19 and 16 (taking it as a given that Sandbach Services are always rammed) you just avoid the place, the end.

Arthurhucksake:
You’ve got Lymm truck stop before Knutsford Services and plenty of lay by’s on the A50 between 19 and 16 (taking it as a given that Sandbach Services are always rammed) you just avoid the place, the end.

Or Keele and Stafford no more than 20 miles on

Arthurhucksake:

Can you still park in that lay by opposite The Bears Paw pub?
I stayed there regular for years, on and off, up to about 03, then they put ‘No overnight parking’ signs up. :smiling_imp:
Somebody told me that the signs are no longer there, …Is that right?