Self appointed traffic police cause chaos

dailymail.co.uk/news/article … losed.html

Seems that the smart motorway was smarter than these two drivers. Lanes 3 and 4 had reopened to traffic but these two morons didn’t bother to let anyone through.

Personally I’m wondering where the wombles or plod are to sort this mess out. Maybe they’re stuck in the tailback.

It’s a silent movie. It needs to be put in sepia, sped up and played to some honky tonk piano music :smiley:

Another non event…

Who ■■■■■■■ cares.

Hmm,

get busy, going to block this city

youtube.com/watch?v=UF28Z_lr3t4

Why have they blanked out the registration plates of the 2 cars, both drivers deserve to be shamed :imp:

Even if the lanes were closed the muppets have no right to police the roads, if they want to do that they should join the police or highways agency.

No doubt the same people who like to block lanes on approach to a merge in turn to stop other road users “jumping the queue”.

Had it a few times when there’s been the inside lane closed and I’m just coming to the overhead gantry when it changes to signal the inside lane is open, traffic up ahead don’t know so in order to change the minds of any road commanders performing a blocking manoeuvre ahead I usually floor it, high risk but very high reward.

[Just to be on the safe side in case Joe public is reading one does not floor it, I proceed with caution prepared to offer any blockers a taste of my advance knowledge in a polite and civil manner, one does not send any dash cam footage to the media like a squealing child].

Blocking was ok in the 90’s but is frowned upon now as we have evolved to merge in turn or zip merge or in my case race you to the cones.

Biggest danger of blocking is holding up an emergency vehicle but as long as someone behind me does a blocking move I don’t mind.

That’s unusual! Its normally some pr*ck of a lorry driver who does that!

emmerson2:

usually when three lanes become two or one with cones closing them off and prick car driver’s always zoom up the outside and try to cut in at the last moment,someone has to stop these ignorant people,particularly as most think it’s their right to push in without indicating.

How can you defend KN+?Heads racing up on lanes that are closing in 200yards or less and expecting to jump in on a 800 + yard tail back ■■? ( Not that whats happened on the video , just makin a point ).

C4rlos:
How can you defend KN+?Heads racing up on lanes that are closing in 200yards or less and expecting to jump in on a 800 + yard tail back ■■? ( Not that whats happened on the video , just makin a point ).

Well I can’t defend them, and yeh it’s annoying, but it aint my job or anybody elses (unless they wear a blue uniform) to block the road up. :bulb:
Also if lane closure countdowns were used properly there wouldn’t be 800 yds of clear lane no 2., both lanes would be occupied with in turn merging traffic. :bulb:

A merge in turn is a merge in turn. Usually accompanied with a sign saying “use both lanes”. They’re doing nothing wrong. If people bothered to read the highway code they’d know this.

harrawaffa:
No doubt the same people who like to block lanes on approach to a merge in turn to stop other road users “jumping the queue”.

Furkin queue jumpers eh? Swerving all over the place usually puts paid to that… :stuck_out_tongue:

Sadly, lorry drivers are just as bad…

Lorry drives are the worst for it. There is a road near me that merges into one lane and there is a warning at the 800 yard mark and it counts down from there. Had a lorry driver the other day blocking both lanes from the 800 yard mark; what a prat.

Hi rob Roy, two years past on my way south from my summer residence on the approach to the kessock bridge on the duel carriage way there was roadworks on the bridge,the inside lane was closed ,the outside lane was open,on the approach the out side lane was for lorries only ,the inside which had the filter to join the outside lane was for cars, the traffic was quite busy it was poetry in motion the traffic flowed no harsh braking,no stop start,you would not believe that you had approached road works ,I have never seen this system in the past. Joepipe

truckman020:

emmerson2:

usually when three lanes become two or one with cones closing them off and prick car driver’s always zoom up the outside and try to cut in at the last moment,someone has to stop these ignorant people,particularly as most think it’s their right to push in without indicating.

No, no one has to stop them, or has right to. Lane closes at the cones, that’s what they are for, not when some Muppet decides it should. I despise the sanctimonious interfering lane blockers

switchlogic:
I despise the sanctimonious interfering lane blockers

+1…

yourhavingalarf:

switchlogic:

+1…

+2

tachograph:

yourhavingalarf:

switchlogic:

+1…

+2

+3 (although I used to do it last century…:slight_smile:)