Wed 10/1 J25 - J26, M6 closed

M6 closed J25 - J26, two HGV’s come together, looks to be a load over all c/way, all emergency services on scene.

Glad I’m about 150 miles away then !!

Both sides ?

Queue had just started backing up to J27 SB when i went past at 9.40am

Just been past it on S/B,
Northbound they are taking traffic off at J23 (Haydock) now, the traffic trapped between J25 and J26 they are doing “rearward relief” ie, backing them up a couple at a time and running them back off at J25. This will take a long time!
Southbound, traffic was heavy from J27 as everyone was rubber-necking the scene as they passed. but this has now cleared considerably and is near free running

The incident is involving an artic that’s obviously run into the back of a loaded tipper truck, the cab is seriously damaged, it doesn’t look too good for the driver as one ambulance is still there some 3 hours after, they have also put screens around the incident. the load of what looks like pallets of pop is spread all over the N/B c/way.

Matrix signs are advising traffic for the North M6, to divert via M62 east to M60, clockwise, then north on the M61.

update 13:00 hrs, confirmed as a fatal RTC.

jund24:

I also passed this accident on the SB carriageway at virtually the same time as you.

The real Biffo:

The real Biffo:

The real Biffo:
The incident is involving an artic that’s obviously run into the back of a loaded tipper truck, the cab is seriously damaged, it doesn’t look too good for the driver as one ambulance is still there some 3 hours after, they have also put screens around the incident.

Agree with your assessment. It was a Maxi Haulage curtainsider that had obviously rear-ended the loaded tipper truck…and
tragically it would appear that the Maxi Haulage driver has died. As you rightly say…the cab was seriously damaged, and it
didn’t look very hopeful for the driver who was in it :open_mouth:

RIP drive :frowning:

3 trucks involved 3rd one into rear of maxi truck saw it on way down this morning worst i have seen in 24yrs driving made my blood go cold dont think 3rd truck driver could have made it rip drive

RIP drive. Seen it confirmed on twitter by motorway police and the first reply was some twunt asking if the motorway will still be closed during rush hour! Really boils my pi55. Show some respect, does it really matter if it is open or not? You will get home tonight, somebody else won’t.

RIP

Lancsdriver70:

jund24:

I also passed this accident on the SB carriageway at virtually the same time as you.

The real Biffo:

The real Biffo:

The real Biffo:
The incident is involving an artic that’s obviously run into the back of a loaded tipper truck, the cab is seriously damaged, it doesn’t look too good for the driver as one ambulance is still there some 3 hours after, they have also put screens around the incident.

Agree with your assessment. It was a Maxi Haulage curtainsider that had obviously rear-ended the loaded tipper truck…and
tragically it would appear that the Maxi Haulage driver has died. As you rightly say…the cab was seriously damaged, and it
didn’t look very hopeful for the driver who was in it :open_mouth:

RIP drive :frowning:

Been a terrible week so far for Maxi. One of theirs went over on the A55 yesterday between J12 and J13 :frowning:

RIP Drive. Still driving, just a different highway.

RIP driver…sorry to say, but normally when someone rear ends another…its normally driving too close and too fast…and lack of concentration or all three…these accidents need never happen if drivers became more aware…this might upset a few, but will they ever learn…i read it time and time again…how drivers are pushed to the max hours…given too many drops etc etc…maybe if drivers learnt to slow down…many of these may not happen and more will get home safely.

No RIP from me, a tail gating Muppet that learnt the hard way, where do they get their licenses, Woolworths, no sympathy.
Tough mammaries.

Some idiot has filmed the aftermath of the accident on his phone and put it on Twitter and stupidly tagged the Highways Agency in the tweet so they’ve replied that they are duty bound to inform the North West traffic police of him using the phone whilst driving :laughing:

toby1234abc:
No RIP from me, a tail gating Muppet that learnt the hard way, where do they get their licenses, Woolworths, no sympathy.
Tough mammaries.

If you were there Tobes, make sure you let the law know what you saw.

If you weren’t, pipe the ■■■■ down and have some respect, you ignorant muppet. It could have been a medical problem rather than tailgating. Either way, he or she ain’t going home.

toby1234abc:
Tough mammaries.

Unbelievable, even if they were tailgaiting which i am not saying they were who are you to judge? I challenge any drive on here to say that they have never made a mistake. We’ve all been there at some point, pushing that bit too hard for this or that. Nobody knows what the circumstances were. Almost as bad as the twunts moaning about the closure. Show some respect for a fellow drive who was just, like the rest of us, trying to earn a living.

toby1234abc:
Tough mammaries.

Enough said.jpg

truckyboy:
RIP driver…sorry to say, but normally when someone rear ends another…its normally driving too close and too fast…and lack of concentration or all three…these accidents need never happen if drivers became more aware…this might upset a few, but will they ever learn…i read it time and time again…how drivers are pushed to the max hours…given too many drops etc etc…maybe if drivers learnt to slow down…many of these may not happen and more will get home safely.

+1

SteveBarnsleytrucker:
Some idiot has filmed the aftermath of the accident on his phone and put it on Twitter and stupidly tagged the Highways Agency in the tweet so they’ve replied that they are duty bound to inform the North West traffic police of him using the phone whilst driving :laughing:

^^^^^^^^^^
moron vs cabbages…i wonder who will come out on top.?
at least we know theres always someone crusading behind their pc to police the roads for us in their predictable road commander style and to try to end these perpetrators of evil who constantly drive on our highways and byways. :unamused:

s3amu5:

toby1234abc:
Tough mammaries.

Unbelievable, even if they were tailgaiting which i am not saying they were who are you to judge? I challenge any drive on here to say that they have never made a mistake. We’ve all been there at some point, pushing that bit too hard for this or that. Nobody knows what the circumstances were. Almost as bad as the twunts moaning about the closure. Show some respect for a fellow drive who was just, like the rest of us, trying to earn a living.

If they were tailgaiting ( I said IF ) that is not a mistake I am afraid, it is sheer stupidity and is seen day in day out by far too many drivers and more drivers will die because they can’t control themselves behind the wheel. Sad fact.

This place is infested with [zb]!

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk