Thieving Barstewards

Woke up to find my trailer 8 pallets lighter at Beaconsfield services on Thursday morning…not happy :imp: :imp: :imp:

As usual cops didn’t bother coming out, lack of cctv at services, etc etc
Boss was ok about it

Be careful out there guys

I had mine cut nr howden bridge 6 months ago , but they must be thick as pig ■■■■ round there as one of the barn doors was left open :unamused: :unamused: , it was only a 6 x 6 inch cut so not a major ballache

What was in the boxes mate?
How the hell did you not hear anything, or more so feel movement in your trailer?
Maybe it’s just me as I’m a light sleeper and get woke up most nights at the slightest noise.
Beaconsfield services :smiling_imp: …and how much did you pay to park at that crap hole for the pleasure of their zero security. :unamused:

robroy:
How the hell did you not hear anything, or more so feel movement in your trailer?
Maybe it’s just me as I’m a light sleeper and get woke up most nights at the slightest noise.
Beaconsfield services :smiling_imp: …and how much did you pay to park at that crap hole for the pleasure of their zero security. :unamused:

You dont pay anything, if your company has SNAP that is.

robroy:

It was £30 the other day

Radar19:

robroy:

I fully understand that, but somebody is still paying for the pleasure of getting their truck load turned over. :bulb:
For the prices those robbing bastds charge there should be some level of security, even if it’s only a camera.
They all want max prices for minimum service.and crap facilities :imp:

robroy:

Radar19:

robroy:

I fully understand that, but somebody is still paying for the pleasure of getting their truck load turned over. :bulb:
For the prices those robbing bastds charge there should be some level of security, even if it’s only a camera.
They all want max prices for minimum service.and crap facilities :imp:

My company insist on it, they have accounts with all MSA’s except Welcome Break which we avoid anyway. We don’t have to pay for parking unless they don’t accept SNAP. If I were to get done over in a services or a truckstop nothing would come back on me. The company would just put it through their insurance. If I got done over in a layby or industrial estate then its me in trouble. I do miss some of the places I used to park but since I don’t have fork out myself it takes the edge off.

robroy:

Got a Snap account so no cost to me…was footwear in the boxes.
I am a pretty heavy sleeper, need 2 alarms to wake me :smiley:
That night it was blowing a hooley so truck was moving a lot anyway

Radar19:
My company insist on it, they have accounts with all MSA’s except Welcome Break which we avoid anyway. We don’t have to pay for parking unless they don’t accept SNAP. If I were to get done over in a services or a truckstop nothing would come back on me. The company would just put it through their insurance. If I got done over in a layby or industrial estate then its me in trouble. I do miss some of the places I used to park but since I don’t have fork out myself it takes the edge off.

I reckon I would hate doing nights out in those ■■■■ places every night, it would do my swede in, so much so I would maybe jack tbh. :neutral_face: but that’s just me.
When you are doing 4/5 nights out, I reckon you need some pleasure out of the job, and sat with my thumb up my arse all night in the cab, with nothing to do waiting for 11 hours to click over, aint my idea of a good night out.
Still,.as long as you are being adequately financially compensated for it eh.

RIPPER:

robroy:

There used to be a shoe factory in my locality, and I remember my mate telling me they used to ship loads of left shoes and right shoes seperately for that reason. :smiley:

robroy:

RIPPER:

robroy:

There used to be a shoe factory in my locality, and I remember my mate telling me they used to ship loads of left shoes and right shoes seperately for that reason. :smiley:

That’s true Rob.

toonsy:

robroy:

It was £30 the other day

£30 for parking?? Its certainly increased since i was in the UK. Being described as a crap hole suggests it hasnt improved with age either…

I know someone who was parked up in membury services last week.
Woke up in the morning with a massive hole in his curtain ,
and 9 pallets of beer had been taken. Didn’t hear or feel a thing.

R.D:

I can see where that went… :grimacing:

AndrewG:

R.D:

I can see where that went… :grimacing:

How the hell did they manage that? Nine pallets of beer they must of had a chain of thieves offloading it with a fleet of vans waiting.
Once loaded we don’t park anywhere in the uk other than our own yards unless it’s secure parking which is hard to find, and over the water it’s preffered parking areas usually just past the pumps on a services under the cctv.

30 sheets for the privilege of getting your load done over? Bargain.

Sometimes I have to use services, I just don’t pay for them. :laughing: why would you when this happens?

A.

Adonis.:

Sometimes I have to use services, I just don’t pay for them. :laughing: why would you when this happens?

A.

Exactly!
Even taking out the (lack of) security aspect out of the equation, how can they justify 30 pounds to park for 11, or even worse 9 hours?..they can’t/won’t as they don’t have to. :smiling_imp:

I can understand the guys who are actually told by their firms to park at these places, but Snap or not, why tf would you?
Ok, not so much as a one off when nothing else, but on a regular basis as a FIRST option.? :open_mouth:

It certainly won’t be for the ‘Excellent Cuisene food’’ provided by ■■■■ Burger King and the like. :unamused:

robroy:

Adonis.:

A.

Exactly!
Even taking out the (lack of) security aspect out of the equation, how can they justify 30 pounds to park for 11, or even worse 9 hours?..they can’t/won’t as they don’t have to. :smiling_imp:

I can understand the guys who are actually told by their firms to park at these places, but Snap or not, why tf would you?
Ok, not so much as a one off when nothing else, but on a regular basis as a FIRST option.? :open_mouth:

It certainly won’t be for the ‘Excellent Cuisene food’’ provided by [zb] Burger King and the like. :unamused:

The only time I’m in them is for changeovers, boss just puts fines in the bin. He doesn’t expect us or himself to pay, exactly as you say, 30 quid to park a lorry in an unsafe place for 9 hours.

I’ll stick some tape over the plate when going in if I’m able to do the cameras don’t pick me up but it’s no big deal just not paying it.

We only pay for truckstops in the UK and only ever go to good ones that are worth paying for.

A.

Adonis.:
The only time I’m in them is for changeovers, boss just puts fines in the bin. He doesn’t expect us or himself to pay, exactly as you say, 30 quid to park a lorry in an unsafe place for 9 hours.

I’ll stick some tape over the plate when going in if I’m able to do the cameras don’t pick me up but it’s no big deal just not paying it.

We only pay for truckstops in the UK and only ever go to good ones that are worth paying for.

A.

If only other firms took that stance, and drivers did not just accept any old crap for the sake of convenience in an apathetic way, a message would be sent to the owners of these crapholes.

But hey!, we’re back to the old drivers sticking together thing, aint we. :unamused:

As for any security, it all went ■■■■ up with this ANPR ■■■■■■■■ you refer to.
In the old days they had a guy sat in a kiosk.
Ok minimal security, but nevertheless an aspect of it, however minimal.

robroy:
If only other firms took that stance, and drivers did not just accept any old crap for the sake of convenience in an apathetic way, a message would be sent to the owners of these crapholes.

But hey!, we’re back to the old drivers sticking together thing, aint we. :unamused:

As for any security, it all went ■■■■ up with this ANPR ■■■■■■■■ you refer to.
In the old days they had a guy sat in a kiosk.
Ok minimal security, but nevertheless an aspect of it, however minimal.

His stance is that if they were worth paying for he would pay, as it is they aren’t secure, they’re overcrowded and damages happen all the time and they don’t provide drivers with much other than a toilet and a fast food outlet. He won’t pay through the nose for that and doesn’t expect us drivers to.

You’re probably right with that, even one bod would notice things like a van mooching around, or suspicious characters walking through the truckpark. Even as a deterrent for some of the less motivated scrotes and the opportunists. As such it’s just cameras which conviently don’t work or weren’t watching that exact spot. Even then I’m sure every single services has a sign saying they take no responsibility for any damages. A reason itself to pay them nothing.

A.