Why is selling Adblue emulator not illegal?

Why do government not just make illegal to sell and bring these into UK?

I know plenty firms who are still cheating even though wasps are now looking for these on roadside check.

So why do government not just make illegal to sell one, to fit one and to use one? Then it become much harder for people who run bent by using emulator and the people who have business to make money from installing them and making them.

I’d not heard of these until now. The wheels of justice grind exceedingly slow…

I can see the headline in the guardian

Lorry drivers, killing fluffy bunnies, and kittens with pollution on unsafe trucks.

The get-out for their sale is that they can legitimately be fitted to trucks that will no longer be used on UK roads.

I know DAF has a policy that their dealers can only remove the emissions equipment from ‘export’ trucks after they have been sold.

Fleets which are caught using them are in for a world of pain…

transportoperator.co.uk/2017/10/ … -sabotage/

GasGas:
The get-out for their sale is that they can legitimately be fitted to trucks that will no longer be used on UK roads.

I know DAF has a policy that their dealers can only remove the emissions equipment from ‘export’ trucks after they have been sold.

This interesting I did not see before. Still I do not understand why do they not just make selling and fitting device illegal then it much harder to get in first place

I guess because of the export trade in used trucks from the UK to RHD markets in Africa where they don’t have AdBlue and the fuel isn’t good enough for Euro VI anyway.

GasGas:
I guess because of the export trade in used trucks from the UK to RHD markets in Africa where they don’t have AdBlue and the fuel isn’t good enough for Euro VI anyway.

Most U.K. Fuels stuff isn’t either [emoji6][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

biggriffin:
I can see the headline in the guardian

Lorry drivers, killing fluffy bunnies, and kittens with pollution on unsafe trucks.

Using emulator is not just pollution but big fraud too. They should be paying higher tax on truck if they are driving Adblue vehicle at Euro V or Euro VI but it is making pollution of Euro III

nkshvck:

GasGas:

This interesting I did not see before. Still I do not understand why do they not just make selling and fitting device illegal then it much harder to get in first place

Making them illegal to buy isn’t really going to stop those who want to use them illegally not get them, especially in the days of the internet and eBay, better to increase detection

nkshvck:
I know plenty firms who are still cheating even though wasps are now looking for these on roadside check.
So why do government not just make illegal to sell one, to fit one and to use one?

It is illegal to fit and use one on UK roads.

Then it become much harder for people who run bent by using emulator and the people who have business to make money from installing them and making them.

Drugs are illegal, the country is rife with cannabis, cocaine, heroine. Automatic weapons are illegal, they’re in the hands of people. It is never impossible for those who are really intent on getting their hands on something. The government cannot realistically check every single inch of every single vehicle and person that comes into this country. And even if they could all the maker has to do is encase everything in resin, have a few wires coming out with a plug on the end to plug into the wiring loom and unless the government are going to test every single device that comes into this country it could be claimed to be anything. Or are you expecting the government to have someone who sits there at Felixstowe and tests a 100,000 widgets in a container that’s just arrived from China and to check and test the contents of every single one of the 20,000 containers that arrives on a ship?

Conor:

nkshvck:
So why do government not just make illegal to sell one, to fit one and to use one?

Then it become much harder for people who run bent by using emulator and the people who have business to make money from installing them and making them.

Drugs are illegal, the country is rife with cannabis, cocaine, heroine. Automatic weapons are illegal, they’re in the hands of people. It is never impossible for those who are really intent on getting their hands on something. The government cannot realistically check every single inch of every single vehicle and person that comes into this country. And even if they could all the maker has to do is encase everything in resin, have a few wires coming out with a plug on the end to plug into the wiring loom and unless the government are going to test every single device that comes into this country it could be claimed to be anything. Or are you expecting the government to have someone who sits there at Felixstowe and tests a 100,000 widgets in a container that’s just arrived from China and to check and test the contents of every single one of the 20,000 containers that arrives on a ship?

I see what you say about the checking, it is very hard.

I know is illegal to use on the UK roads but I do not think it is illegal to be fitter. Because lot of companies advertise this and say they make them as well.

Strange situation when they can make the device, put the device on the truck for you and make money from this, but only illegal when you start to drive truck on the road. Not illegal to sell the device like with drugs!

nkshvck:

Conor:

nkshvck:

I see what you say about the checking, it is very hard.

I know is illegal to use on the UK roads but I do not think it is illegal to be fitter. Because lot of companies advertise this and say they make them as well.

Strange situation when they can make the device, put the device on the truck for you and make money from this, but only illegal when you start to drive truck on the road. Not illegal to sell the device like with drugs!

It is not illegal to sell and fit them as there are legitimate reasons to have them fitted.

£31 on ebay, think they fit into the OBD reader socket …

raymundo:
£31 on ebay, think they fit into the OBD reader socket …

Cheaper on Amazon

amazon.co.uk/Adblue-Removal … B00TFVLBMQ

muckles:
It is not illegal to sell and fit them as there are legitimate reasons to have them fitted.

What reasons?

TiredAndEmotional:

muckles:

What reasons?

GasGas:
I guess because of the export trade in used trucks from the UK to RHD markets in Africa where they don’t have AdBlue

This isnt the only thing being done, egr delete and dpf delete is also easily programmed into the ECU, makes for more power and better economy…

DVSA is looking for that too.

GasGas:
DVSA is looking for that too.

Much harder to detect though, an egr blanking plate under the original valve isnt always easy to spot as the original gasket is pressed steel anyway and the way some dpf’s are modified by knocking out the filters inside without any cutting and re welding are only detectable by dismantling. ECU encryption once done also makes it (in a lot of cases) impossible to detect via OBD port investigation…

I reckon the OP ,s been sold a dud one so he.s got his knickers in a twist, either that or hes undercover and waiting for someone to fess up for having one fitted