Reed boardall

Interview with reed boardall for tramping anyone know what to expect and current wage ? Many thanks

Good luck. I politely declined their offer, a good few years ago, when they explained that if I damaged a vehicle through neglect I’d be paying for it. A Volvo bumper might cost £1000.

Yep, drivers responsible for damage, plus not much more then minimum wage.

I know what some people will say about the damage part, about being a good driver, not causing damage etc etc.

But its more the principle for me, wouldnt even entertain the idea of that.

Concretejim:

I know what some people will say about the damage part, about being a good driver, not causing damage etc etc.

+1. There are plenty firms around though that do it :unamused:

Then again, there are plenty bellends who will work for them.

Constantly advertising for drivers which always speaks volumes, you can be made to pay for damage but I gather it’s not as straightforward as it sounds, the pay is crap, but as always ring and ask about things, if they are not willing to tell you, dont bother with them.

Concretejim:
not much more then minimum wage.

Yeh but…

You get a big shiny Volvo 500 to drive though.

Makes it worth it right?

I did a week on nights agency cover for them. They couldn’t spot the truth if it came up and bit them on the face.

Avoid.

Trampers apparently get £1 per hour less than the day men! Now there’s a unique selling point if I ever saw one.

They are the only ones that get asked everytime in tesco livingston to lower their decks. The same daft arses everytime asked the same thing. Obviously the clever ones work for them.

Don`t do it. Not good…well, lets just see if anyone will say otherwise and say something positive about them.

So if someone reverses into you by mistake at a msa while ur at the toliet and they shoot off, would you have to pay?

Are they even allowed to make you pay for it?? I mean is there any law in their favor??

Concretejim:

Good job they don’t operate aircraft, ships or trains.

I assumed insurance would cover damage for any instance, so if they take money off you are they being paid twice or are they making you pay to keep the insurance down, I think or hope there is a law against is it fraud

The only thing I know is that if they deduct any damage of your wages, what seem poor with this outfit anyway, that you can take them to court for it.

I wouldn’t work for this company because of the fact you have to pay for damage. It’s the same thing when companies ask you to pay for parking from your wage/night out money.
The difference is just that a bumper etc cost loads more than parking.

Don’t work for them.

Boroughbridge were offering… £9.40ish for trampers and £10.40ish for day men.

There is a sign at security barrier@ Boroughbridge ref wages,
The £ sign is perm but the pence seems to be changed reg as in black marker pen!!![emoji2]

Will get exact figures as in early tomorrow for load but it’s wee bit above min wage and enhanced OT rate and weekend rates so at least it’s a start!!!

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

On sign:

£10.28hr days
£11.20hr Sat
£13.20hr Sun

An old mate of mine who’s ex military and can take most things in life what gets chucked at him moved up that way to be with a new girlfriend and got a job with them but only lasted a few weeks as he couldn’t hack all the lying from the office staff and the way it was run in general.

Big Truck:
On sign:

£10.28hr days
£11.20hr Sat
£13.20hr Sun

To be fair that ain’t too bad for the area,more than I’m on but it could be double that and I wouldn’t work there,
My “yes man” mates firm sent him in there subbing and the crap he sucked up was unreal,

Big Truck:
On sign:

£10.28hr days
£11.20hr Sat
£13.20hr Sun

Seems ok, not good, not a bad wage.

Go for an interview and ask how many hrs you’re guaranted and what all that fuss about “paying for damages on the truck” is all about.