Reed boardall

Concretejim:
Yep, drivers responsible for damage, plus not much more then minimum wage.

I know what some people will say about the damage part, about being a good driver, not causing damage etc etc.

But its more the principle for me, wouldnt even entertain the idea of that.

And mistakes do happen if your a human

Halliesdad:
Interview with reed boardall for tramping anyone know what to expect and current wage ? Many thanks

Well, I think you have your answer! Im not looking for a job, but out of curiosity I looked the Indeed website and there were some interesting jobs on there in the Darlington/Teesside area which isnt too far away.

the maoster:
Trampers apparently get £1 per hour less than the day men! Now there’s a unique selling point if I ever saw one.

Plus you don’t get your “own truck” you’re cab hoping for a while. Bollox to that no way would I tramp for a company where you are cab hoping.

Ha ha I went to see them when I’d been made redundant a few years ago. They gave me an interview on the spot (alarm bells!) I walked out of it lol. Never went back

Ref paying for damage, many companies do it inc taxi, if its up to and beyond the ins excess thats what you pay, under the excess and its the bill for damage. Incentive is there to take care. No different from driving your own car…

AndrewG:
Ref paying for damage, many companies do it inc taxi, if its up to and beyond the ins excess thats what you pay, under the excess and its the bill for damage. Incentive is there to take care. No different from driving your own car…

I agree and as an owner driver its coming out of your pocket in any case as I am sure you will know only too well.

The difference is in that a company driver will more than likely be pushed to the maximum to where damage is enevitable, so my take on this would be what sort of bonus is the company offering for not damaging their equipment as an insentive to be careful. This situation would have to be a two way street and then the choice is up to the individual but keeping in mind that loads still get delivered even with a scratched bumper.

AndieHyde:

AndrewG:

I agree and as an owner driver its coming out of your pocket in any case as I am sure you will know only too well.

The difference is in that a company driver will more than likely be pushed to the maximum to where damage is enevitable, so my take on this would be what sort of bonus is the company offering for not damaging their equipment as an insentive to be careful. This situation would have to be a two way street and then the choice is up to the individual but keeping in mind that loads still get delivered even with a scratched bumper.

Company i sub for pays 100eur per month for no damage and 99% of drivers achieve that bonus. Something minor like a damaged light lense will see drivers buying one and fitting it to keep bonus’s intact so it does work. Their fleet consist of top spec blinged FH13’s and R620’s and theyre kept immaculate…the same cant be said of our battered tilts though and the trailers arent included in the scheme.

Does anyone know how much Newcold are paying for nights shift I have heard £13 per hour plus but also heard drivers are on differing rates of pay.

Tipperdipper1:
Are they even allowed to make you pay for it?? I mean is there any law in their favor??

Only if you’re bloody stupid enough to sign a contract agreeing to it.

AndrewG:

A few companies do it here Andrew, not many and they’re invariably the crap ones. It is different from driving your own car because of the sums involved for one and the increased mileage a professional driver does raises the risk too, as well as other factors. It’s what insurance is for and ultimately, if you pay peanuts…

^^^ absolutely. If an employer pays a distinctly average wage he’ll get a distinctly average worker, whereas an employer paying top dollar will get his pick of the quality drivers, if the driver turns out to be rubbish then get rid. Simple as that. If an employer can’t afford top dollar because of “market forces” then I’d say that his business plan is wrong and he should either rectify it or sell up and move into something less taxing to him.

Peter0707:
Does anyone know how much Newcold are paying for nights shift I have heard £13 per hour plus but also heard drivers are on differing rates of pay.

Could be around that mark? Sure they were advertising at £11ph for days a year or so ago

mbax81:

Peter0707:

Could be around that mark? Sure they were advertising at £11ph for days a year or so ago

And they are like Reed Boardall with a revolving door policy…

Ken.

yourhavingalarf:

Concretejim:
not much more then minimum wage.

Yeh but…

You get a big shiny Volvo 500 to drive though.

Makes it worth it right?

I did a week on nights agency cover for them. They couldn’t spot the truth if it came up and bit them on the face.

Avoid.

Jesus wept, is getting a boggo Volvo 500 really the biggest incentive there?

Quinny:

mbax81:

Peter0707:

Ken.

I heard on the telegraph wires some time ago that Newcold have a, shall we say, rather cavalier attitude when it comes to paying their staff at the end of the month. I also overheard that the owner of the company is apparently ex Road Boardball management.

TheUncaringCowboy:
Jesus wept, is getting a boggo Volvo 500 really the biggest incentive there?

WOOSH!..

Rob K:

Quinny:

mbax81:

Peter0707:

Ken.

I heard on the telegraph wires some time ago that Newcold have a, shall we say, rather cavalier attitude when it comes to paying their staff at the end of the month. I also overheard that the owner of the company is apparently ex Road Boardball management.

Are you back amongst us Rob K!!!
Been a wee while!!!

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Big Truck:
[Are you back amongst us Rob K!!!
Been a wee while!!!

Yes but I don’t drive anymore. I have set up an online consultancy company to advise owner drivers. I am just waiting for Rikki to approve my application to sponsor the owner drivers forum on here.

Rob K:

Big Truck:
Been a wee while!!!

Yes but I don’t drive anymore. I have set up an online consultancy company to advise owner drivers. I am just waiting for Rikki to approve my application to sponsor the owner drivers forum on here.

Still fulla the aul craic lad!!!

Big Truck:

Rob K:

Big Truck:
Been a wee while!!!

Still fulla the aul craic lad!!!

Where’s me old mucker North Surrey Haulage / Sean? I can’t wait to share my wisdom and show him the errors of his ways with my Powerpoint presentation, pie-charts and bar graphs. :smiling_imp: