Was this caused by....steering wheel polish?

dailymail.co.uk/news/article … -wall.html

:grimacing:

Totally inexperienced at multi tasking, probably peeling the spuds to get them blanched…

Agency.

That’s some misjudgement he no where near the door looks like he just gone strait for the wall

Oh… So we’re now classed as ‘hapless’ for a change and not drunk in charge, or… :unamused:

Daily Fail looking for new terminology for HGV drivers…?

Hapless means unlucky/unfortunate. I would say it is an apt description.

AndrewG:
Totally inexperienced at multi tasking, probably peeling the spuds to get them blanched…

You don’t blanche spuds.

Not even the biggest hopeless case is capable of that by mistake. Possibly a medical emergency, if so I hope they are okay.

In the comments section, someone claims to ahve been first on scene and that the driver had a stroke.

albion:
In the comments section, someone claims to ahve been first on scene and that the driver had a stroke.

But the Daily Mail comments section is known for attracting many types of nutter, so I’d take that comment with a pinch of salt, until confirmed by a reliable source.

muckles:

albion:

But the Daily Mail comments section is known for attracting many types of nutter, so I’d take that comment with a pinch of salt, until confirmed by a reliable source.

Hence the use of the word ‘claim’!

albion:

muckles:

albion:

Hence the use of the word ‘claim’!

Fair Point :wink:

muckles:

albion:

It’s what I heard and was why the fire brigade had to get him out of the cab.

the nodding donkey:

AndrewG:

You don’t blanche spuds.

You may not, people who know how to cook do.

You should stick to posting memes… every time you use words, you make yourself look even more of a ■■■■ than your memes do… and that is hard to believe.

the nodding donkey:

AndrewG:

You don’t blanche spuds.

Blanching spuds is when you peel them and place them in water. Its an age old thing to do, stops them going brown once theyve been cut/peeled…

AndrewG:

the nodding donkey:

AndrewG:

You don’t blanche spuds.

Blanching spuds is when you peel them and place them in water. Its an age old thing to do, stops them going brown once theyve been cut/peeled…

Incorrect, this is not blanching. Blanching is a process of pre or part cooking, it is done with many foods including potatoes.

Potatoes specifically can be blanched prior to frying or roasting or even part boiled. You can also blanche potatoes in oil or fat, this gives them a crispy texture.

You’ll never buy a frozen chip that hasn’t been blanched.

The best way to prevent potatoes oxidising after they have been peeled is to submerge them in cold water, with a decent splash of white vinegar mixed in.

Jingle Jon:

AndrewG:

the nodding donkey:

AndrewG:

You don’t blanche spuds.

Incorrect, this is not blanching. Blanching is a process of pre or part cooking, it is done with many foods including potatoes.

Potatoes specifically can be blanched prior to frying or roasting or even part boiled. You can also blanche potatoes in oil or fat, this gives them a crispy texture.

You’ll never buy a frozen chip that hasn’t been blanched.

The best way to prevent potatoes oxidising after they have been peeled is to submerge them in cold water, with a decent splash of white vinegar mixed in.

A squirt of lemon juice, is better, its also what’s added to prepack fruits to stop them browning.

biggriffin:
A squirt of lemon juice, is better, its also what’s added to prepack fruits to stop them browning.

Yip, better too on fish n chips than cheap vinegar.

the nodding donkey:

AndrewG:

You don’t blanche spuds.

Here ya go knob heeeeed

A picture of tatties blanched in turmeric water, scored & currently int oven…

Just posting a piccie… cause words always fail you :slight_smile:

Nearly ready… smell like heaven :slight_smile: