Abbey Logistics wants you

nsmith1180:
Honked, you don’t understand the troubles obviously. Get the right guy and treat him right Admin is a one off cost. Keep turning over staff and you keep paying for the admin time. Same with associated costs, after all, not even Stobarts would make a new driver wear the last drivers boots, even if they were only worn once.

There is more to employing someone than salary plus a bit of ppe.

I calculated at the weekend that employing a driver for Monday to Friday tramping on 25k a year plus nights out actually costs just under 50k a year plus job specific training. That’s salary, subsistence allowance, holiday cover, cpc training and two sets of ppe a year.

That’s five grand more than the diesel bill a year at 9.5 mpg on a 160k year.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Tell you what mate; I appreciate that you’re a one man band recent start up, and believe me, I genuinely wish you all the best for the future. In fact I’d go as far as to say I honestly hope that you personally make a fortune from this game. However from reading your posts regarding employing drivers you honestly get me thinking of a kind of Victorian mill owner! You even quote a figure of £25k p/a for a five day a week tramper. What kind of driver do you think you’ll get for that pittance? I’ll tell you the type you’ll get mate; the type you deserve!