Planning for 60hr weeks

Apparently we are being planned for 60hr weeks until further notice due to increased work load! Didn’t know they could do that, is this right or what boys and girls?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

12 hr shifts nowt wrong there .
Just remember if that’s what they want,

Minimum breaks to satisfy
Don’t book any POA
and when you hit that magic number 60
Park up where ever you are in the country and weekend :wink:

I feel your pain. We’re being planned 13-15 hour shifts lately due to extra workload.

Make sure you have the bare minimum of breaks and don’t use POA, and when your weekly average is higher than 48 they’ll have to start planning you some 35-40 hour weeks to average it out at 48 for the WTD.

Also, if you’re looking at a 13 hour shift, make sure it goes to 13 hours and 5mins and that’s one of your 3 reduced daily rests catered for.

ezydriver:
I feel your pain. We’re being planned 13-15 hour shifts lately due to extra workload.

Make sure you have the bare minimum of breaks and don’t use POA, and when your weekly average is higher than 48 they’ll have to start planning you some 35-40 hour weeks to average it out at 48 for the WTD.

Also, if you’re looking at a 13 hour shift, make sure it goes to 13 hours and 5mins and that’s one of your 3 reduced daily rests catered for.

13 and 1 min will do you don’t wanna give em toooooooo much :wink:

Hmm, 60 hour weeks and they wonder why nobody wants to do this job anymore!
Bet the office staff won’t be doing the same.

You can of course say “I’m not prepared to do that”.

60hrs is a normal week for us. 5 x12 hr shifts, 2x 45min breaks every day, (split) bit of other work job done, maybe a couple nights out .

biggriffin:
60hrs is a normal week for us. 5 x12 hr shifts, 2x 45min breaks every day, (split) bit of other work job done, maybe a couple nights out .

Good for you.

60 hours must only be Wednesday lol

We average 68 every week usually :open_mouth:

tattoo5984:
We average 68 every week usually :open_mouth:

I average 37 hours. But no overtime :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I assume you/they mean 60 hour weeks including breaks and waiting times etc, and not being planned 60 hours actual work. In which case I’d say pretty normal

truckerjimbo:

biggriffin:

Good for you.

Thank you.! Paid from card in to card out. Not on card not paid.

spenno39:
Didn’t know they could do that, is this right or what boys and girls?

Ignoring whether or not it’s right and concentrating on the “can” they do this, the answer is yes. Despite what many RDC lawyers may tell you “they” can plan you for 24hrs a day if they so desire, nothing illegal in that at all. What they are not allowed to do however is force or coerce you into breaking driving regulations, that becomes illegal.

My personal view is take the money, it may not last forever. Of course you may find 13 hours a day to be unduly tiring and that’s fine too, merely tell your employer that you feel too tired to drive, if they insist on it then ask for it in writing. You may find that they soften their stance a tad then.

the maoster:

spenno39:

Ignoring whether or not it’s right and concentrating on the “can” they do this, the answer is yes. Despite what many RDC lawyers may tell you “they” can plan you for 24hrs a day if they so desire, nothing illegal in that at all. What they are not allowed to do however is force or coerce you into breaking driving regulations, that becomes illegal.

My personal view is take the money, it may not last forever. Of course you may find 13 hours a day to be unduly tiring and that’s fine too, merely tell your employer that you feel too tired to drive, if they insist on it then ask for it in writing. You may find that they soften their stance a tad then.

And Google ‘P45 procedure’…

the maoster:

spenno39:

Or take a stance of “we have a trouble maker here” and have your card said marked for doing ■■■■ runs, first on the list for redundancy, and generally making your life hell.

If you’re not prepared to put in the hours, for a limited period, don’t expect any favours when you need one.

Of course I’m assuming that your normal shifts are nowhere near 60 hours pw, if I’m wrong then I apologise. But will add that you’re in the wrong line of work, or at least in the wrong job.

60 hour weeks are the norm in this job, yes there are exceptions, and no, it’s not acceptable to a lot of people, but we’re stuck with it for the foreseeable.

You drivers need to have a feel in the crotch area and see if you have any… going to work to be told your working 60 hours ,wow. That really is bending over and taking it up the arris. … a driver should be doing reduced to suit him not the company.

That’s the question how much extra for been told you are going to be working 60 hours and what is your normal hours
And have you no say

I can’t remember the last time I did over 45 hours in a week. I am salaried though so the less the better. Wouldn’t know what had hit me doing 60 hours per week. Saying that though I’d tell them exactly where to stick their 60 hour weeks.

Mickey mouse:
Hmm, 60 hour weeks and they wonder why nobody wants to do this job anymore!
Bet the office staff won’t be doing the same.

I know plenty that do. It’s only 5 x12 hour shifts… :unamused:

It would be nice if EVERYONE had the protection of Tacho laws…