In cab cooking.....

…& washing up.

When I was tramping, I much preferred cooking my own food in cab…but when it came to washing up always felt that there had to be a better way. I used to heat some water up, dump it in the washing up bowl along with some WU liquid…but then left with this dirty water to dispose of. Always tried to find a nearby drain to deposit it down but not always possible…so used to end up on the grass verge.

Is there is a better way, or am I overthinking things?

And how else do you wash up, there is no other way.

You have to much time if this is worrying you.

Really depends on what your cooking in the pan, the way your doing it is the only way in regards to a heavily soiled pan, but I use anti bacterial wipes for lightly soiled. Hark at me i am quite the Kim Woodburn of the trucking world.

biggriffin:
And how else do you wash up, there is no other way.

You have to much time if this is worrying you.

I used to often have the dog with me, he made a beautiful job of cleaning the pans and plates

DonutUK:
…& washing up.

When I was tramping, I much preferred cooking my own food in cab…but when it came to washing up always felt that there had to be a better way. I used to heat some water up, dump it in the washing up bowl along with some WU liquid…but then left with this dirty water to dispose of. Always tried to find a nearby drain to deposit it down but not always possible…so used to end up on the grass verge.

This feels more like a mumsnet type of thread…

The-Snowman:

DonutUK:
…& washing up.

A mumsnet version of this would have been asking what washing up liquid to use… :laughing:

The-Snowman:

DonutUK:
…& washing up.

I tried to combat that with introducing my old dog - but no likes so far :frowning:

DonutUK:
…& washing up.

Dishwasher

Paper plates ?

Cook organic things that you will be returning to nature? Like spuds and broccoli. Use nature’s washing up liquid. When you put it on the verge the little blades of grass won’t hurt. The little bugs and slugs can eat the spud residue and the rest will fertilise the grass. Don’t cook fish. If you dump fish residue on the verge it’s unnatural. Not natures ways. Fish don’t live on pasture and grassland. People don’t know this. You have to dump a sardine carcass off the pier or generously donate to a passing seagull, but not a sparrow. Sparrows don’t go fishing so a chancy sparrow has no business asking for your sardine left overs.

Green choices mean a green driver.

We are EE drivers can cook in cab anything in anything.Every little help. :smiley:

James the cat:

DonutUK:
…& washing up.

Dishwasher

You take your missus with you?

Andrejs:
We are EE drivers can cook in cab anything in anything.Every little help. :smiley:

How long does a medium sized swan need to be cooked for?

the nodding donkey:

Andrejs:

How long does a medium sized swan need to be cooked for?

I can cook most meat but still no try swan.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Spray some diluted degreaser or a made up bottle of washing up liquid and wipe the stuff with kitchen roll.

Or get your carer to do it for you since you obviously need help with the basics of life.

A.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I find not cooking in the cab, is the easiest way to avoid washing up, plenty of decent eatries, on the road. Use em or lose em.

biggriffin:
I find not cooking in the cab, is the easiest way to avoid washing up, plenty of decent eatries, on the road. Use em or lose em.

Works for me.

Kitchen wet wipes